Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
EBAY LINKS SHOULD BE BANNED  !!! >

EBAY LINKS SHOULD BE BANNED !!!

Old 07-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i feel ebay links in the forum should be banned !!! if you wanna sell it or should i say post it for sell. it should be on this site. not a link to ebay.this may sound stupid and probly should not have posted this !! but i wanna see how others feel about this. thanks charles
Old 07-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)

i agree 100% with you
Old 07-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

To be honest I like the Ebay links.Ive been ripped off twice on this site.Ive never been ripped off on Ebay in 5 years.For me its more comfortable buying on Ebay because at least you have some recourse.Just my .02.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Not so sure I agree...

I've been screwed through this board, it would have been more difficult to screw me if it had been sold via ebay.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Its a chance to buy it who cares wheres its posted if you like it your gonna buy it if not move on...
Old 07-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

luckily i've never been screwed through here but just because it's ebay doesn't mean your safe from the a-holes trying to screw you.if the unfortunate time comes that you do get screwed on ebay you will find they are not that much help at all.i have heard just absolute horror stories dealing with them and paypal.

as far as the links go, i think that if you respect this site you will abide by the rules and they state that they would rather not have the links posted.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Also never pay with cash-money order or cashiers check....i use paypal cause if you do and you dont get your stuff file a claim with your credit card company and get your money back...then post here who the heck screwed you..make it known...
Old 07-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just my two cents:
if you list it on sale for this site, a price needs to be affixed to it via the rules. I would say that it would be ok to list it here with a link to the item on Ebay if and only if the item was a "Buy It Now" only with no bidding. The listing here would be just like putting an add and backing it up with a secure way of selling.

If the item was listed here without a price, and/or allow bidding on ebay, NO, I dont' feel that that would be fair and should not be listed here at all.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

I'm fine with links. Heh, if someone makes an offer, it can always be pulled off ebay.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Just my two cents:
if you list it on sale for this site, a price needs to be affixed to it via the rules. I would say that it would be ok to list it here with a link to the item on Ebay if and only if the item was a "Buy It Now" only with no bidding. The listing here would be just like putting an add and backing it up with a secure way of selling.

If the item was listed here without a price, and/or allow bidding on ebay, NO, I dont' feel that that would be fair and should not be listed here at all.
yeah that sounds fine to me.but how about this say that the item is listed on ebay give your s/n or the item number then it's fine they specificly say no links. what bugs me just as bad is posting an item then they dont ask for a price they say make offer.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edseb
I'm fine with links. Heh, if someone makes an offer, it can always be pulled off ebay.
But you still have to pay for the listing.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Ebay Links

We all come here looking for RC stuff to buy.

An ebay link is just another way to get the cool gear you want.

I wish HPI RS4's were banned from this forum...I'm so tired of looking at a post that says "nitro onroad" just to find it's an outdated car fitted with some $9 servos and a worn out engine

Just kiddin yall! Yeah I'm southern, what about it...

Sell what ya got, and keep the ebay links comin'
Old 07-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I look to buy something not to wait 5 days to see what it gets to. I say no to ebay links.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:25 PM
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonBoy
I look to buy something not to wait 5 days to see what it gets to. I say no to ebay links.
I hear ya...
Old 07-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FL_Racer
We all come here looking for RC stuff to buy.

An ebay link is just another way to get the cool gear you want.

I wish HPI RS4's were banned from this forum...I'm so tired of looking at a post that says "nitro onroad" just to find it's an outdated car fitted with some $9 servos and a worn out engine

Just kiddin yall! Yeah I'm southern, what about it...

Sell what ya got, and keep the ebay links comin'
i have nothing against ebay or going there to buy or sell them i do it often but the point is they do not want them linked from their site(r/c tech)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.