R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Items: For Sale/Trade (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade-16/)
-   -   Help a good little kid (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/651188-help-good-little-kid.html)

calo247 08-03-2012 01:12 PM

Help a good little kid

hey guys, there is a kid at our local track, hes a real good and nice kid i think hes like 9 or 10, i think he has a lot of potential but hes suffering because his truck just isn't ready for the track. hes running a box stock slash 2wd against all of us running SC10's and more race orientated cars, he really wants to do better but he just doesn't have the equipment to do it. i have tried to help him out with parts the best i could but i just cant afford to do a lot as im in a bad situation right now. so im asking you guys if you could please help this kid, he truly is a great kid and he wants to do better, he just needs to get his truck better for the track, the stock tires are not working whatsoever at our track and hes just getting outrun. he really needs some parts support too as last time he was out his truck broke early and it ended his day because he didnt have parts and no one runs the slash at our track so no one else did. he went home clearly disappointing and it broke my heart. he is a great driver but he just doesn't have the equipment to keep up.

bflan2001 08-03-2012 01:43 PM

Any need for a vxl3s or is that the stock esc?

calo247 08-03-2012 01:47 PM

maybe, right now hes just running a brushed set-up

LosiRacer163 08-03-2012 02:49 PM

bump for a great guy! I wish I could help.

bigjayjay1 08-03-2012 03:01 PM

What exactly are you requesting would it be a SC10 or something similar what are people running at the track? Have you thought of starting a donation at your local track that would make sense that way you guys get to see your gesture in the works

calo247 08-03-2012 03:08 PM

no, mainly parts and tires for his slash 2wd that he want to keep

justpoet 08-03-2012 03:13 PM

a couple things that'll help a lot, in order:
1) appropriate tires - Have a racer donate some that've worn but aren't dead
2) brushless - any mod level motor and esc will do, even the vxl stuff (castle sct is a good budget/performance value, but may be too much too quick coming from brushed)
3) lower the center of gravity. This can be done either with an LCG kit or more inexpensively with a couple parts from a bandit and a short bit of aluminum L brace from the local hardware/home improvement store

Once all of those are done, a 2wd Slash is actually reasonably raceable on many tracks, even if not the best truck out there. But, it is probably the cheapest way to go, and the first 2 will be re-usable on any race oriented truck he may get in the future as well, so won't be a lost investment.

For parts, any hobby shop will have Slash parts, even many places that aren't hobby shops or rc related will carry the basic Slash parts. Get RPM if you're replacing the plastics, as they're much tougher and have a "we'll replace it" warranty even if something does break. Otherwise, get a couple of the usual things like arms/hubs/hub carriers.

cul8tr 08-03-2012 04:59 PM

ygpm thanks

calo247 08-03-2012 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by cul8tr (Post 11052593)
ygpm thanks

replied...Thanks

bflan2001 08-03-2012 07:41 PM

bump for a good cause! help this little guy get into the racing scene!

myhobbyfarm 08-03-2012 07:53 PM

I will be at the TORC Bark River Races next weekend in Upper Michigan. I will be running the Slash RC races and they have a Support Semi there with all kinds of parts. Please send me his name and where he lives and races, along with your address, and I'll see what kind of care package I can get from Traxxas for him, plus I have some extra stuff I'll send his way!

sheltonk7 08-03-2012 09:19 PM

I have a like new hpi blitz I would trade him roller for roller

sheltonk7 08-03-2012 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by sheltonk7 (Post 11053399)
I have a like new hpi blitz I would trade him roller for roller

My daughter runs slash so I would only have to carry parts for one truck lmk

phippy 08-03-2012 09:43 PM

I am currently working on a set of tazer sc's and a lcg kit to donate!

samlax77 08-03-2012 10:11 PM

I may have a spair set of proline pin like wheels that I would be more than happy to give to a fellow racer that is just starting out.