Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FS/FT: Castle 2650kv motor (HPI version) taking trades for smaller motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default FS/FT: Castle 2650kv motor (HPI version) taking trades for smaller motor

ok i have here my castle 2650kv motor, which is the HPI version, its exactly like the castle version but with different fins in which most people prefer this version

i love this motor, its an absolute monster, it has ran awesome on 2s-4s but can be ran on 6s from what ive heard if you really want to get crazy
i ran it mostly on 2s and 3s and a couple times on 4s in which this motor ran well within a comfortable temperature range

it still has the 6.5mm bullets that it came with from the factory so wires are still long and flexible like we all like them

i got this motor in a trade but was basically brand new with no rotor as the previous owner snapped his rotor as you can see here http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=146011

i then bought a Castle 2650kv rotor and has been running flawless ever since
i have never overheated it and since i bought the rotor brand new, you dont need to worry about overheated magnets

i hate to get rid of this motor because its just so versatile but it just doesnt work with as well as i would of liked in my stampede 4x4
im running 18/54 gearing with sc tires and it runs awesome with good temps but if i run the 2.8 trenchers like i want to it will creep up to 170 degrees which is still not overheated but hotter than i would like
and the thing is that i cannot gear down due to the large size if this motor, i already had to grind the motor plate and dremel out an excessive amount of plastic from my chassis just to make it fit therefor it doesnt allow me any room to move the motor down to gear any lower
i mean look at how cramped it looks

That said it actually fits well in the slash 4x4 and can be geared well but not in the stampede 4x4 due to less space (I know this because i have both chassis')

its just not a suitable motor for my application because of how large the fins are and how small my chassis is so id rather trade this for a smaller motor of equal value or less value with cash or something else on your end
possible candidates would be a 3800kv or 2400kv castle, 1/8 tenshock or even the castle version of this same motor(has shorter fins), give me some options and i might be willing to barter
if anybody want to buy, it i am willing to sell it for 115 shipped

here are the pics from today
(the pinion, motor plate, and motor mount screws will not be included)