Hyper .21 Race 8 port motor

Old 02-05-2005, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Hyper .21 Race 8 port motor

OK,
I'll try to make a long story short, but I ran this motor for about 3 weeks and had a crank bearing go out. I decided to completely rebuild it, and even purchased a new case w/bearings installed off of ebay for it was cheaper than just the main bearing from OFNA. Basically this motor has been broken in on the bench with a prop but never ran since the rebuild. Compression is still so high you cannot turn it over with your fingers at all. I replace the Piston, sleeve, rod, wrist pin, case, both bearings, and the crank. The only problem with the motor is aeshetic, I cracked one ear off of the back plate pulling it off during the rebuild. This in NO WAY affects the performance of the motor, for there is still plenty of meat on the back plate beyond the screw. I took a photo to illustrate. Motor is basically new, about $200 invested.

$75 shipped.
Attached Thumbnails Hyper .21 Race 8 port motor-hyper.jpg  

Last edited by wademcgee; 02-06-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

Default Price Drop

Dropped the price a bit. I know a budget minded 1/8th dude out there needs a screamer?
Old 02-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Isnt the race version black case with a silver head? I had one a few years ago and Im trying to recall what it exactly looked like.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default Yep, her name is MAXINE

You are correct. The race version had the black case, which this one did when the main bearing went out. I will ship the old case and crank with this motor if the buyer wants it. The only difference in the two is the main bearing. The Black case uses a 14 x 25mm bearing, and the silver case uses a 13 x 25mm bearing. The crank O.D. of the Race version is 1mm bigger.

Very little difference, but it was cheaper to buy a new case with bearings and the crank off of ebay, than just the 14mm bearing...thus the silver case now.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

So the only difference between the race and regular hyper 21 is 1mm of crank width? It doesnt have different porting or something? Couldnt you use the back plate off the black case and put it on the silver case? Or is that different dia. as well? I might be intrested but not sure 100%.
Thanks
Old 02-06-2005, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Default Yep

Side by side, and with my calipers I can not tell a single difference in port or timing cut. This motor has the back plate, head button, and carb from the black race engine. I nicked the back plate taking it off the black case, but that is where it came from. The rear of the engine is identical, and the inside as well. Both engines have a 25mm opening so the back plates are identical anyway.

Thanks.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello; Instreted in your motor.. Do you accept paypal?

Thank you

Robert