Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree61Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

one I saw today... seller not responsible for items lost in transit, so if you don't want your stuff lost, pay extra for insurance.

To me, as a seller it is ALWAYS a good idea to insure your stuff you sent out. It is not on the buyer to pay your cost of doing business. If that extra dollar or two for insurance is going to break you, up the asking price. -or- be prepared to take a hit on having to give someone their money back because the item you shipped never arrived.

I just think it is tacky to ask people to make sure their money is protected when doing business with you. You should make sure you are protected so as to not lose your product/money.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeInCtown
one I saw today... seller not responsible for items lost in transit, so if you don't want your stuff lost, pay extra for insurance.

To me, as a seller it is ALWAYS a good idea to insure your stuff you sent out. It is not on the buyer to pay your cost of doing business. If that extra dollar or two for insurance is going to break you, up the asking price. -or- be prepared to take a hit on having to give someone their money back because the item you shipped never arrived.

I just think it is tacky to ask people to make sure their money is protected when doing business with you. You should make sure you are protected so as to not lose your product/money.
Sellers who ask the "buyer" to pay the insurance are ignorant fools. The deal is not finished just because the buyer has paid and seller accepted. The "transaction" is not technically complete until the buyer has been satisfied by either getting what they bought or their money back. I live in DE, I do not pay sales tax if I buy something in PA or any other state with sales tax and have it shipped to my house because the transaction is consider "completed" in my home state when I receive my item. Sellers are by no means off the hook just because they got paid and they put something in the mail.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

So muc ate on this thred it crzy.. An usles

I would rather throw away parts or give them to a kid at my local track, then sell anything to a bunch of babies who want something for nothing, and want it done thier way.

Attention sellers: Ignore this thread.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stuntbikemike

I would rather throw away parts or give them to a kid at my local track, then sell anything to a bunch of babies who want something for nothing, and want it done thier way.

Attention everybody: Ignore this post.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

you put as much thought into that response as you did when you made the thread genuis. keep crying about trying to get something for nothing.... its hilarious. That means funny, for the less educated. I have to go get some more popcorn.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Suspended

you put as much thought into that response as you did when you made the thread genuis. keep crying about trying to get something for nothing.... its hilarious. That means funny, for the less educated. I have to go get some more popcorn.
please enlighten me. show me were I said I want something for nothing. if you read MY post then you must be delusional or borderline slow to put me in the category you speak of.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

can't spell, AND panties in a wad... tisk tisk. he definitely ought to switch to a thong, and see if anybody on rctech is selling a sense of humor. or maybe someone at his local track is giving one away...:lo l:
Old 02-20-2012, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chillymostly
please enlighten me. show me were I said I want something for nothing. if you read MY post then you must be delusional or borderline slow to put me in the category you speak of.
Don't sweat him Chilly, it's a good thread. He is obviously a seller who is probably guilty of hosing buyers and wants to continue to do so. All his response does is make me very suspicious of him if I were to consider buying anything he was selling. Thanks again for this thread Chilly and the mods for letting it stay.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pete720
Don't sweat him Chilly, it's a good thread. He is obviously a seller who is probably guilty of hosing buyers and wants to continue to do so. All his response does is make me very suspicious of him if I were to consider buying anything he was selling. Thanks again for this thread Chilly and the mods for letting it stay.
no doubt bro. You know your from Delaware when... lol. thats were im originally from. i lived in Newark and Middletown.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mga55
How about the seller you wait 8 hours for a payapl info. He gets you his paypal info and I made payment right away. You make payment and 45 minutes later he refunds and sayes someone else paid 1st. Just happen today, true story. I think it getting worst instead of better. Now I have 50 bucks sitting on hold in paypal and it will take 3 days after they release it to get my money back, to get back into my account.
Here it is about a week later and paypal still has my money on hold and the guy that burned me thought he was contacting the other buyer last night. He wanted me to leave him positive feedback and then he got a ear full. I thought this thread was for seller do's and don'ts. I think it should be buyers beware.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 1210 (100%+)

Buyer beware is on the buyer! If its too good to be true it probably is. WHEN IN DOUBT ALWAYS USE PAYPAL AND YOUR CREDIT CARD!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pete720
+1 Immature and childish attitudes will not get you far as a buyer or seller....or a Mod for that matter....

I put him on my IL a few weeks ago when i saw some of his replies in the feedback section, seems like i made a wise choice so far
Old 02-26-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That was entertaining...... ^_^

The way i see it, the more flexible a seller is the more chances he has to sell.
Albeit, same goes for the buyer.

Details and pictures sell.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This may have already been covered but I'm sick of the generic topic titles like, "Spring Cleaning" or "Garage sale" which give no indication as to what is being sold.

If you want to tell us about how you are cleaning out the garage and thus selling some stuff, great - save it for the body of the post. But put some description in the title, please! Even a key word: Nitro, electric, batteries, Revo, etc... tell me something. I don't even bother to look at topics like these anymore, its just too much work.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

instead of a description of all the bling, mods, setup and how well it drives, how about why you are selling this "awesome" car with like 5 laps on it. if it is so good why get rid of it so soon? clear pictures of all parts included helps too instead of listing a bunch of part numbers. easier too. also quick response to pm's is good. use that $100 a month smartfone for something dude. also, if theres like 12 screws with "dremel work" on them cause you tried and failed to get them out, let someone know first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.