Search
Like Tree61Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mga55
How about the seller you wait 8 hours for a payapl info. He gets you his paypal info and I made payment right away. You make payment and 45 minutes later he refunds and sayes someone else paid 1st. Just happen today, true story. I think it getting worst instead of better. Now I have 50 bucks sitting on hold in paypal and it will take 3 days after they release it to get my money back, to get back into my account.
Ya I think it should be first come first served. Some people say whoever pays first and I don't like that. I found a good deal one time so I told the guy I'll take it and I was first in line but he said it was sold because he sent another guy his PP first since he read the other guys PM first even though mine came through first
Old 02-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EverettY
Ya I think it should be first come first served. Some people say whoever pays first and I don't like that. I found a good deal one time so I told the guy I'll take it and I was first in line but he said it was sold because he sent another guy his PP first since he read the other guys PM first even though mine came through first
Totally valid perspective, and I have been on both sides. The problem is time frame. The first guy sends PM that he wants it, second person does the same. How long does the seller wait on the first person, if the second has payment ready? From the buyer side, it sucks, but from the seller side, for some, it is about selling the item. It's easy to call the seller a jerk, but maybe that money is going to a mortgage payment or to buy food.

Just saying, there is no easy answer. I have lost items I did not pay fast enough on, and I have also had sellers hold an item for me until I paid. If I need that item, there are hobby shops and online retailers that if I pay, I will definitely get it. We give up some of that guarantee in order to get a good deal.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
Totally valid perspective, and I have been on both sides. The problem is time frame. The first guy sends PM that he wants it, second person does the same. How long does the seller wait on the first person, if the second has payment ready? From the buyer side, it sucks, but from the seller side, for some, it is about selling the item. It's easy to call the seller a jerk, but maybe that money is going to a mortgage payment or to buy food.

Just saying, there is no easy answer. I have lost items I did not pay fast enough on, and I have also had sellers hold an item for me until I paid. If I need that item, there are hobby shops and online retailers that if I pay, I will definitely get it. We give up some of that guarantee in order to get a good deal.
No money is not for mortage or food. I just don't have anything to buy right now using paypal. But who doesn't want to luck out and get a good deal every once and while. I guess it was his lost I was thinking about the motor and pipe he had, but that would be the last person I would deal with now.

4:32 am pm seller and told him i would take it and ask for paypal info
9:40 am still nothing from seller reply to add told seller he had pm and i would take that it.
11:17 am seller sends me his paypal info
12:13 pm payment was sent and pm'd that payment was made.
1:20 pm a refund because another buyer beat me paying for it.

I thought my timing on payment was pretty good for a work day.
Last time I checked they were out of stock on this item. I'm just about over it already. I'll just wait for them to get it stock to then I don't have to deal with jerks.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default posting issues

hey ive been having problems with posting nothing of mine is posting im trying to sell 1 of my cars and the thread wont go up would you guys kno why this is happening?
Old 02-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'll guess the number of posts you have isn't enough? Do you have any cred from other forums or ebay? Buying from a 0 Trader Rating guy isn't everyones favorite thing to do, especially with only 2 posts.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I've been ripped off on this forum once. I'm sure others have had at least one bad experience as well. That will make anyone cautious on their next deal. Really, low post count, zero rating, no pics and vague listing; it just screams STAY AWAY.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

If it hasn't already been mentioned... please mention if the gear being sold has been owned/run/stored by a smoker.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Some already good points.

Gift Payments- Really people!? Nothing is tackier and turns me off more on an item than seeing this. Look gifts are for friends, now I'm not gonna say we aren't friends or anything But lets get real here, this is a business transaction generally involving two complete strangers on the WORLDWIDE web, which leads me to my next point...

Paypal fees and shipping cost- They should ALWAYS be included in your asking price! Lets keep it simple, I wanna see exactly what I will be paying, I don't wanna calculate anything, I also don't want a PM with your paypal asking me to add 3% for fees, add them to your asking price.

Shipping- if you don't wanna ship to the moon then be clear on that in your post, it's easy enough to say "to the lower 48" or whatever you wanna say to basically say "no I don't wanna ship this internationally". It is also nice to know how you will be shipping it, if your're planning on using Parcel Post or something slow and stupid like that I wanna know, I have the patience of a 5 year old, I'll buy elsewhere.

Haggling sellers prices- If you don't wanna be bothered with it then I suggest you sell on Ebay, RCTECH is officially the home of somebody wanting something for nothing! You can price an item that is in excellent condition for well below retail cost and somebody still wants to lowball ya, that's selling on RCTECH, get used to it. As a seller if you find the offer absurd simply ignore it, personally nothing gives me more pleasure than replying "I just sold it for my asking price" to a guy that was trying to get me to come down $5. I know that if it's something I want bad enough I hate losing it over $5, and I'm sure they do too.

To the sellers- Clean your stuff! As a seller myself I ALWAYS prepare an item with the mindset of the buyer. Think about it, would you be happy if you would receive a poorly packaged, filthy, clapped out POS, doubt it. Be self conscious about what you are selling, care about what the buyer is receiving and you will have an excellent reputation as a seller.

Feedback- Please leave feedback, That's how we know what type of person we are dealing with.

Happy buying and selling to all.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Spelling.

Feeler. Not Felling. Unless of *coarse you're talking trees.

You, your. You are, you're. If you are going to sell something, "you're" selling it. You will be selling "your" item.

That brings me right in to another one: Selling vs. saleing. Or, having something for sell, vs. I want to sale something. Saleing isn't a word. Having something for "sell" is the wrong usage of an actual word. You have something for "sale", not "sell". You want to "sell" something, not "sale" it. Unless, well, you're talking about sailing. In that case, you're still using the wrong word.

*course. See a couple posts down.

Last edited by marooko; 02-19-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 187 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trerc
Some already good points.

Gift Payments- Really people!? Nothing is tackier and turns me off more on an item than seeing this. Look gifts are for friends, now I'm not gonna say we aren't friends or anything But lets get real here, this is a business transaction generally involving two complete strangers on the WORLDWIDE web, which leads me to my next point...

Paypal fees and shipping cost- They should ALWAYS be included in your asking price! Lets keep it simple, I wanna see exactly what I will be paying, I don't wanna calculate anything, I also don't want a PM with your paypal asking me to add 3% for fees, add them to your asking price.

Shipping- if you don't wanna ship to the moon then be clear on that in your post, it's easy enough to say "to the lower 48" or whatever you wanna say to basically say "no I don't wanna ship this internationally". It is also nice to know how you will be shipping it, if your're planning on using Parcel Post or something slow and stupid like that I wanna know, I have the patience of a 5 year old, I'll buy elsewhere.

Haggling sellers prices- If you don't wanna be bothered with it then I suggest you sell on Ebay, RCTECH is officially the home of somebody wanting something for nothing! You can price an item that is in excellent condition for well below retail cost and somebody still wants to lowball ya, that's selling on RCTECH, get used to it. As a seller if you find the offer absurd simply ignore it, personally nothing gives me more pleasure than replying "I just sold it for my asking price" to a guy that was trying to get me to come down $5. I know that if it's something I want bad enough I hate losing it over $5, and I'm sure they do too.

To the sellers- Clean your stuff! As a seller myself I ALWAYS prepare an item with the mindset of the buyer. Think about it, would you be happy if you would receive a poorly packaged, filthy, clapped out POS, doubt it. Be self conscious about what you are selling, care about what the buyer is receiving and you will have an excellent reputation as a seller.

Feedback- Please leave feedback, That's how we know what type of person we are dealing with.

Happy buying and selling to all.

Great points here!!

Originally Posted by marooko
Spelling.

Feeler. Not Felling. Unless of coarse you're talking trees.

You, your. You are, you're. If you are going to sell something, "you're" selling it. You will be selling "your" item.

That brings me right in to another one: Selling vs. saleing. Or, having something for sell, vs. I want to sale something. Saleing isn't a word. Having something for "sell" is the wrong usage of an actual word. You have something for "sale", not "sell". You want to "sell" something, not "sale" it. Unless, well, you're talking about sailing. In that case, you're still using the wrong word.
This drives me nuts too. I try to tell myself "hopefully English isn't their first language" when i see stuff like that....lol
Old 02-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Spelling.

Feeler. Not Felling. Unless of coarse you're talking trees.

TOOL it's a forum. does it really matter how someone spells as long as you know what they are talking about?
Why do people have to be so critical.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Somebody doesn't know how to spell and seems to be offended.

And yes, it does matter, to me. For example: You say; "TOOL it's a forum." What exactly are you saying? I can conclude that you're attempting to call me a tool, but I can't know for sure. If that's the case, I might take offense to that and give you an infraction. If you had said; "Tool, it's a forum." I would have know for sure that you were insulting me. Instead, I need to make an educated guess on the matter because your grammar is poor. I see Momba Max on here all the time. What in the heck is a Momba Max? If you can't even look at the ESC and properly spell the name, which is written on there, how can I trust that you're properly describing its condition, or that it even works?

You don't have to be a genius for me to buy something from you, but you can't be just short of illiterate either.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

coarse and course are two different words
Old 02-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

BOOM!

Instead of being upset, I take it as learning something new, every day.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

BOOM!

Instead of being upset, I take it as learning something new, every day.
bwahahahaha!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.