Like Tree58Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Old 02-08-2022, 11:52 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrous36 View Post
Wow. All this back and forth reads like an old politics thread.
This dude just wants to get the last word. Just like politics threads. It's ridiculous.
Old 02-08-2022, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ExRCRacer View Post
This dude just wants to get the last word. Just like politics threads. It's ridiculous.
I don't care if I have the last word. I just want to know if a $5 lower offer is never acceptable, WHAT IS? ... a question you have refused to give an answer for.

Last edited by mrreet2001; 02-08-2022 at 12:20 PM.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:48 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mrreet2001 View Post
I don't care if I have the last word. I just want to know if a $5 lower offer is never acceptable, WHAT IS? ... a question you have refused to give an answer for.
First, I asked you to exercise common sense
Then, I asked you again to exercise common sense
Then, I accused you of trolling.....

and yet you still won't give up on this question of yours. Ok, I'll bite. Ready for the answer?

Use some common sense.

Now I'll give you the spelled out answer:
If a person is priced under MSRP on a given item of at least 25% or more and you're interested in purchasing the item, but want to make an offer of $5.00 less than asking, don't. Just don't. Just pay what they are asking. It's petty and you're not a good negotiator. If it's $5.00 less than anything, I'd tell you no, despite what the dollar amount is of an item I'm selling (since everything I always post below retail, even if new). If you offer $10.00 less on something $200 or more, same crap. If you offer $20.00 less on something $500 or more. $30 less on something $1,000 or more.... I mean, seriously.... are you seeing the pattern here? Use your common sense. Again, answered for the 20th time.

And no, I'm not getting into a pissing match with you over percentages of offer to item and the like. Quit being a pain in the a$$ and just offer up asking if you're going to be that close to it.

We done now, or you need the last word?
SideRider likes this.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:53 PM
Suspended

Oh, and by the way, everything on my selling list (which was around 75 items, now down to 25 items) was priced between 20% to 50% lower than retail. Not one person offered something stupid like $5.00 under the total of the items they wanted. Every single person just paid what I was asking. Each transaction went smoothly and items shipped within 24 hours. Easy.

.... and if someone did make a stupid offer, like asking for $5.00 off on $50.00 worth of stuff picked out ..... I just wouldn't respond. Why? Because I know I'm priced very well and whatever it is they wanted will sell. If you want to make your little negotiations, go for it, but heed my signature below:
SideRider likes this.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

First, I asked you to exercise common sense
Then, I asked you again to exercise common sense
Then, I accused you of trolling.....

and yet you still won't give up on this question of yours. Ok, I'll bite. Ready for the answer?

Use some common sense.

Now I'll give you the spelled out answer:
If a person is priced under MSRP on a given item of at least 25% or more and you're interested in purchasing the item, but want to make an offer of $5.00 less than asking, don't. Just don't. Just pay what they are asking. It's petty and you're not a good negotiator. If it's $5.00 less than anything, I'd tell you no, despite what the dollar amount is of an item I'm selling (since everything I always post below retail, even if new). If you offer $10.00 less on something $200 or more, same crap. If you offer $20.00 less on something $500 or more. $30 less on something $1,000 or more.... I mean, seriously.... are you seeing the pattern here? Use your common sense. Again, answered for the 20th time.

And no, I'm not getting into a pissing match with you over percentages of offer to item and the like. Quit being a pain in the a$$ and just offer up asking if you're going to be that close to it.

We done now, or you need the last word?
You have repeated multiple times that the reasonable amount can't change with percentages. And yet here we are, you telling us to basically use percentages while again telling us not to use percentages. You also say to use common sense, which would say that $5 is reasonable for a certain price range. I know this to be the case because enough people have offered you $5 less than asking price enough times to make you come in here and whine about it. You know you could just solve all of this by marking your items’ listing as firm because you are perfect at pricing things.
or maybe just sell your stuff on Facebook as you seem to be complaining that you aren’t getting enough interest here.
DRTMI likes this.

Last edited by mrreet2001; 02-08-2022 at 02:57 PM.
Old 02-08-2022, 02:58 PM
Suspended

You have repeated multiple times that the reasonable amount can't change with percentages. And yet here we are, you telling us to basically use percentages while again telling us not to use percentages. You also say to use common sense, which would say that $5 is reasonable for a certain price range. You know you could just solve all of this by marking your items’ listing as firm because you are perfect at pricing things.
Once again... diving into the percentage game. You were hoping I'd answer as such to try and make it look like I'm double talking, but the truth is... you're just bored and looking to troll.

Use
Your
Common
Sense

Don't make offers so close to people's asking price it becomes annoying, especially if they are priced good already. It makes you a tool.
SideRider likes this.
Old 02-09-2022, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Instead of buying a used tool for $15 I will go ahead and buy it new for $20.. because you know It's only $5 and I don't want you to think that I am "cheap" or "hard up"
DRTMI and hunterdawg like this.
Old 02-09-2022, 07:18 AM
Suspended

Instead of buying a used tool for $15 I will go ahead and buy it new for $20.. because you know It's only $5 and I don't want you to think that I am "cheap" or "hard up"
You mean, instead of trying to buy a new tool off someone for $15, when it costs $35 and they want $20. Lets be honest, I think that's more your logic.
SideRider likes this.
Old 02-09-2022, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

You are ranting / complaining about people offering you $5 less for an item, when you believe / are trying to convince us that $5 is not big deal for a multiple reasons. It's only $5 etc. Yet you are selling a used HUDY 4mm hex tool for $5 less than retail. Why would I not just buy a new one for $5 more? Wouldn't it be "petty" of me to buy the used one to save $5?
Old 02-09-2022, 04:28 PM
Suspended

You are ranting / complaining about people offering you $5 less for an item, when you believe / are trying to convince us that $5 is not big deal for a multiple reasons. It's only $5 etc. Yet you are selling a used HUDY 4mm hex tool for $5 less than retail. Why would I not just buy a new one for $5 more? Wouldn't it be "petty" of me to buy the used one to save $5?
Actually, if you were to buy that item alone, you'd pay $5.00 more + applicable tax of $0.35 (call it 7%) + $3.50 shipping charge (and no, orders that little are never free, not even with Amain) = $23.85. So, Mr. percentager----- $15.00 is 37% off what you'd spend retail. Going to try and lowball another $5.00 off and get 58% off? GTFO lol...

Just pay the $5.

PS - I've never used it. Bought it because I wanted to get a DBXLE. Never did and has just sat around. You'll see that looking at the tip closely (maybe not in the picture, but inspecting it in person). If the buyer were to believe that my statement is false upon receipt of the hex, then they can file a PP claim OR send me evidence why they think it's not new and I'll refund money (but it IS new).

Is that all you could try and pick out of my for sale ad, stalker?

You're arguing for the sake of arguing. I don't know how others feel about the ongoing discussion, but IMO, you look dumb.
SideRider likes this.

Last edited by ExRCRacer; 02-09-2022 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2022, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Actually, if you were to buy that item alone, you'd pay $5.00 more + applicable tax of $0.35 (call it 7%) + $3.50 shipping charge (and no, orders that little are never free, not even with Amain) = $23.85. So, Mr. percentager----- $15.00 is 37% off what you'd spend retail. Going to try and lowball another $5.00 off and get 58% off? GTFO lol...

Just pay the $5.

PS - I've never used it. Bought it because I wanted to get a DBXLE. Never did and has just sat around. You'll see that looking at the tip closely (maybe not in the picture, but inspecting it in person). If the buyer were to believe that my statement is false upon receipt of the hex, then they can file a PP claim OR send me evidence why they think it's not new and I'll refund money (but it IS new).

Is that all you could try and pick out of my for sale ad, stalker?

You're arguing for the sake of arguing. I don't know how others feel about the ongoing discussion, but IMO, you look dumb.
I read all XRAY, Hudy and tool sales I see… of course I have read your ads.
Here is the thing. You may price your items correctly / perfectly / whatever. Not everyone one prices thier sales well or they price higher knowing that there will be some negotiation. All you have to do is state in your posts that the prices are firm, as most people assume there is going to be wiggle room if not. Another thing you fail to comprehend is that “it’s just $5” goes both ways. You think it’s bad to walk away from a deal over $5 yet you admittedly walk away from sales all the time over $5.
I aways have more than enough sitting in wish lists at amain to qualify for free shipping and my VIP rewards / monthly discounts more than take care of tax if you want to play that game. I also get free rush processing which doesn’t involve getting bitched at because they had to go to the post office. Most of the time they even throw in a free sticker sheet (a $1.79-$1.99 value) and my new tools always show up in the package.
You may think I look dumb because I have been mocking your ridiculous rule / guidance this whole time. Everyone else just sees your arrogance and ignored it. I just played along with your game. FWIW offering $5 off an expensive item is the opposite of lowballing.

Last edited by mrreet2001; 02-09-2022 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2022, 06:07 PM
Suspended

I read all XRAY, Hudy and tool sales I see… of course I have read your ads.
Here is the thing. You may price your items correctly / perfectly / whatever. Not everyone one prices thier sales well or they price higher knowing that there will be some negotiation. All you have to do is state in your posts that the prices are firm, as most people assume there is going to be wiggle room if not. Another thing you fail to comprehend is that “it’s just $5” goes both ways. You think it’s bad to walk away from a deal over $5 yet you admittedly walk away from sales all the time over $5.
I aways have more than enough sitting in wish lists at amain to qualify for free shipping and my VIP rewards / monthly discounts more than take care of tax if you want to play that game. I also get free rush processing which doesn’t involve getting bitched at because they had to go to the post office. Most of the time they even throw in a free sticker sheet (a $1.79-$1.99 value) and my new tools always show up in the package.
You may think I look dumb because I have been mocking your ridiculous rule / guidance this whole time. Everyone else just sees your arrogance and ignored it. I just played along with your game. FWIW offering $5 off an expensive item is the opposite of lowballing.
You just keep going, and going, and going like the Energizer Bunny don't ya?
PS - I've spent more at amain in 6 months than you probably have in 5 years. And I'm glad I've now sold it all off (and without a loss mind you because I get 20% off my orders due to the high dollar amounts I spent there). Cool eh? Thus, my losses are nil --- I even made some money off a few items thanks to the deep discounts on stuff + VIP rewards. Oh, and I get free overnight shipping too from them.

Anyway... ya done yet? If I send ya $5.00 would it shut ya up?
Old 02-09-2022, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

You guys are adorable.
ExRCRacer likes this.
Old 02-09-2022, 10:20 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Metalsoft View Post
You guys are adorable.
This made me chuckle, thank you LOL
Metalsoft likes this.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

You just keep going, and going, and going like the Energizer Bunny don't ya?
PS - I've spent more at amain in 6 months than you probably have in 5 years. And I'm glad I've now sold it all off (and without a loss mind you because I get 20% off my orders due to the high dollar amounts I spent there). Cool eh? Thus, my losses are nil --- I even made some money off a few items thanks to the deep discounts on stuff + VIP rewards. Oh, and I get free overnight shipping too from them.

Anyway... ya done yet? If I send ya $5.00 would it shut ya up?
There you go with your arrogance again. Look how important I am… My time is too valuable to respond to sales offers. Yet you seem to have plenty of time to respond to this nonsense.
FWIW: 5 years at amain: $18253.74

Last edited by mrreet2001; 02-10-2022 at 06:18 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.