Like Tree3Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Old 06-23-2021, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 225 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrous36 View Post
Yeah, if you made categories people would fudge it up and post the wrong models in the wrong sections because they dont read. Plus this makes it harder to moderate and catch scammers.
correct
Old 06-23-2021, 10:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Does every touring car post have the words “touring car” in it? Lots of truggies are for sale without the word “truggy” in the post.

if you know the exact model that you’re looking for, that’s great, but sometimes you want to look for a type of car/truck to learn about the market, who makes cars of that type, what they sell for if you’re on a budget, etc.
Old 08-21-2021, 01:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 03CobraMan View Post
First come first serve. ... Even if they’re offering more money you should always sell your item to the first guy that contacted you to buy it at the price you posted. ...
This.

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
... If the post you made saying you'll take it, along with a PM asking for PP info was the ONLY contact you had with the seller. Posting "I'll take it" and sending a PM doesn't give you any rights to a purchase. The seller can sell to whoever they want to, regardless of any "I'll take it" posts or the order in which PM's may have been received.

There is some etiquette involved once a deal gets to the point of PP info actually being sent to a potential buyer but until that point, it's fair game for everyone.
I've been buying selling stuff in various forums since 2004'ish, while I don't disagree with your statements, what you described is NOT the general guidelines for good and courteous seller etiquette, IMO. We may be selling used cars here, but we're not selling used cars.
ExRCRacer likes this.
Old 08-30-2021, 06:33 AM
Tech Rookie

This post should be sticky man!