Like Tree40Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Old 06-04-2018, 03:42 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 194 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DROPKICK_RACING View Post
Well if these are rules to live by, then I guess it makes more sense to post saying "the item has a ton of upgrades, but since they aren't worth anything, I'll put the original parts back, then the sell the hop ups separately". Makes sense to me... oh wait, if you tell people that.. they will say "well if its all stock parts, its not worth that much" The way I see it is, if im paying for the hop ups and spending my time to install them and get it working at its best, its worth something. If you don't feel like the work you put into an RC to make it great is worth something, then you shouldn't be in this hobby. Im sure I speak for 99% of hobbyists when I say, I am proud of what I build, and what I built is well worth the money and time spent on it. So if you post something, like I have, which basically gives away almost $300 worth of upgrades and my time, its really not worth it to waste it away to people who wont appreciate it for what it is.
you can put all the lipstick you want on a pig and it will still be a pig ,
skater-deez1 likes this.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skater-deez1 View Post
Put $5000 rims and tires on a 96' Buick doesn't make it's blue book value go up, still a $500 car on trade in. Not disagreeing but the same principle applies.
RC cars don't lose 10% of their value as soon as you drive them off the lot either. What i'm saying should be pretty obvious, if you have a B5 with a bunch of upgrades, its obviously not going to be worth as much because its old, but if you have a B64 or B6/B6.1 geared out, then it shouldn't be worth any less than its original value or price. While were on the topic, if you have say, a lockout spur gear that you installed does it make it any less valuable then say if Wallie Builds installed it? No, but it does because you know his name for quality work, even though they may have been installed in the exact same way. Common sense should dictate what things are sold for and buyers should understand the effort and cost put into something before making a ridiculous offer.

Last edited by DROPKICK_RACING; 06-12-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
you can put all the lipstick you want on a pig and it will still be a pig ,
I agree, but if your talking about a pig that looks like a VW bug or a pig that looks like a Ferrari, there is a huge difference in individual perception of value. I'm cool with removing hop ups to sell quicker, but you value your own work more than others, so its worth more to you.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree, but if your talking about a pig that looks like a VW bug or a pig that looks like a Ferrari, there is a huge difference in individual perception of value. I'm cool with removing hop ups to sell quicker, but you value your own work more than others, so its worth more to you.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

RC cars don't lose 10% of their value as soon as you drive them off the lot either. What i'm saying should be pretty obvious, if you have a B5 with a bunch of upgrades, its obviously not going to be worth as much because its old, but if you have a B64 or B6/B6.1 geared out, then it shouldn't be worth any less than its original value or price. While were on the topic, if you have say, a lockout spur gear that you installed does it make it any less valuable then say if Wallie Builds installed it? No, but it does because you know his name for quality work, even though they may have been installed in the exact same way. Common sense should dictate what things are sold for and buyers should understand the effort and cost put into something before making a ridiculous offer.
WRONG. Actually once it's used no matter what upgrades it's worth about 70% of the original in box price. I don't care who wired it or put in a lockout spur. None of that matters to buyers, it may matter to you but nobody is buying a $500 b6.1 roller these days even if Ryan Cavalieri himself "blessed" the set up. Example if you buy a $350 buggy and put $100 worth of upgrades on it and run it for "ONLY 2 RACES".......do you think it's worth $500 because of the initial cost, upgrades, and time spent hitting the pipes???? The answer is no. It's a $300 buggy as soon as it hit the track. Just because it was yours doesn't make it 24 carat gold, go ahead and try to get $500 for it...........I laugh at the threads with 7 pages of "bump" or "TTT" anyways.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

i need some help.

i posted some for sale ads this am and apparently they have vanished. i can not locate any of the new ads i posted. my existing ads are still appearing on the site though. any help would be appreciated.

thank you in advance.

edit: they magically appeared this a.m. like a genie in a lamp

Last edited by cadillac; 06-17-2018 at 01:28 PM.