Do's and Dont's of selling

Old 06-18-2016, 04:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Pictures
Old 07-15-2016, 08:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Racer please make the dont bump ad whem sold edit initial post a sticky pleeeeaaaase. It seemed to have slowed down when it was up front.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
This is Internet GOLD right here! Lets just leave this here, and let MeasuresMicrons read this back and forth conversation... over and over and over until he understands why we are all laughing at him.

I wonder how long it will take for him to figure it out... who wants to wager?

(oh, and by the way... there is no "freedom of speech" on a privately owned discussion forum)
Never, he's not smart enough.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

It would be great if people would leave the price they were asking in the add after the item sells. It's nice to know what things are selling for.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

When did the policy change to 90 posts to start a thread? I've been a member here for years. All be it i've been away for a while however i wanted to sell some of my gear collecting dust and now i can't post. i have a good trader rating, not sure what's the deal.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87
Pictures
seems like this is reaching epidemic proportions. so many times nowadays i click on a thread and no pictures. c'mon people. it's 2016. you know how to get on a forum and post threads. posting pics isn't that difficult. just means you're lazy. i just assume a roller is beat, dirty, broken, or all of the above if there are no pics and i just move on.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default NO PICTURES

I agree, you want to sell it put pictures up..DO NOT want to have to text for pictures..If I'm interested in something I want to see pictures now, not when you have time to text pictures....NO PICTURES I MOVE ON ALSO....
Old 09-05-2016, 06:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 7TL14
I agree, you want to sell it put pictures up..DO NOT want to have to text for pictures..If I'm interested in something I want to see pictures now, not when you have time to text pictures....NO PICTURES I MOVE ON ALSO....
I AGREE!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2016, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey everyone, I know this isn't a seller question just didn't know where else to ask, I'm mostly a buyer so when I buy something they give me there paypal email, and there's two ways I can send them money,

1. Send money to friends and family, "am not protected by paypal protection but there is no fees"

2. Pay for goods and services, " I am protected but there are fees"

Witch should I use? I've been using send money to friends and family, haven't had to worry about getting ripped off since I only buy from people with 50+ ratings, but just on the off chance I do, can I still get my money back. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2016, 02:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Default What does the forum rules say???

When using Paypal as a payment option, under NO circumstances can a seller request the payment be made as a "Gift", nor shall the buyer Pay as a "Gift"
Asking a buyer to pay additional money to cover PayPal seller fees is against the rules. Threads will be deleted without warning.
If you ask for fees or payment to be sent as a gift via PM's and it's reported your account will be suspended. Second violation of this and your account will be banned.

You can't get your money when you pay as a "gift". Hence the word gift.......

Who are you buying from in here? Your trader feedback is ZERO?!?!
Old 09-17-2016, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks
When using Paypal as a payment option, under NO circumstances can a seller request the payment be made as a "Gift", nor shall the buyer Pay as a "Gift"
Asking a buyer to pay additional money to cover PayPal seller fees is against the rules. Threads will be deleted without warning.
If you ask for fees or payment to be sent as a gift via PM's and it's reported your account will be suspended. Second violation of this and your account will be banned.

You can't get your money when you pay as a "gift". Hence the word gift.......

Who are you buying from in here? Your trader feedback is ZERO?!?!
Had no idea, no one ever told me, I just thought that was the best way, oh I've bought 5 things on here just never get buyer reviews on here.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rctrains
Had no idea, no one ever told me, I just thought that was the best way, oh I've bought 5 things on here just never get buyer reviews on here.
On the very top of the for sale section, there's a sticky with the rules
or just click here
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...1-11-14-a.html
Might save you a lot of headaches, heartaches, & high blood pressure. :-)
Old 09-26-2016, 09:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by IROC-AR15
I hate when people try sell stuff for more what they got it for or a substantial amount more than what everyone else knows it goes for.
I'm tired of seeing RC8T and Losi 1.0 rollers asking for $400.
DUDE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET THAT STOP IT.
People must realize when you are selling stuff USED you are most likely going to get half of what you paid for it maybe a lil more....NOT $10 less than what it will cost me in the store.
Also just cause you got ripped off and bought something from the higher vendor in america does not mean I am going to cover your ignorance and let you charge me more. It's not my fault you did not shop around and get the better price everyone else knows.

All in all I really think you created a good list bud. Hopefully people will take notice and stop that FEELER THREAD BS or that you pay paypal fees etc...I'm not going to pay to a fee to to be able to and when I am the one buying something from you!
I agree but the thing is their looking for the one idiot in the world to pay these price and trust me he's out their and it's becoming super annoying cause it starts to inflate others asking prices. I said something about a guys redicoulos price on here and was kicked right off for a good while. I'll probably get kicked off for this somehow
Old 09-27-2016, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peckerwood
I agree but the thing is their looking for the one idiot in the world to pay these price and trust me he's out their and it's becoming super annoying cause it starts to inflate others asking prices. I said something about a guys redicoulos price on here and was kicked right off for a good while. I'll probably get kicked off for this somehow
Actually..You were suspended because you were warned multiple times to follow the rules, and still couldn't. 3 infractions in under 2 weeks to be specific.

Why are you seemingly always in trouble?..Well who died and made you the 'Price Police'? Our Sales Forums are based on a "free market" (Google it) if someone wants to ask $400 when others are asking $300 THEY'RE FREE TO DO SO, without guys like you commenting on it. Don't like or don't agree with someones asking price, MOVE ON!

You've had 14+ posts removed because they either break the rules or are just ignorant garbage, and when I look at your posts you have at least another half dozen that should have been removed. In fact, YOUR VERY FIRST POST on here broke the rules.

Your username, "peckerwood". I don't know if the entire definition applies but I bet it's pretty close

"A peckerwood is a rural white southerner, usually poor, undereducated or otherwise ignorant and bigoted"

You're a troll, and a nuisance, to both our members and the mod staff. You will NOT get another warning Mr Peckerwood.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:33 PM
Tech Adept

I'm definitely new to the surface world but I get quite annoyed looking at posts that look like a sweet deal and have pictures with all electronics and then somewhere in the middle it says "electronics in picture are not included" ...how hard is it to take pictures with the electronics already out, or state it at the beginning before anything? Or in the title?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.