Like Tree61Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Old 05-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yes sir I will have tons to ask once I get rid of my 8th scale. Plan to get real deep in 1/10 and also have some pictures to share of the 65x100 track we built in my back yard. Got some stuff I would share about backyard track maintenance too. I have used this site for tons of help by searching and never needed a user name. Should have made one sooner sorry
Old 05-13-2014, 12:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I like everything on your list too, especially the one about the bling.

Which brings me to something that turns me off: Unrealistic asking price.

I don't know how many on this forum is this and I really don't care.

Just because someone paid 600 for everything, that's supposed to make it worth 500? I think not.

No different than real cars: It drops in value by half as soon as you take it out of the box (drive it off the lot). Then it just drops in value from there.

I see the same old ads for stuff over and over for months at a time: on CL, Ebay, swapmeets, FB pages, etc...

Anything and everything is worth only what someone else is willing to pay for it.

This crap ain't worth what people claim it is. I have some really nice cars and I already know I can't get jack for em.

There really needs to be some kind of Kelly Blue Book or Lee's Toy Review for RC cars. Something based on real sales figures and not delusional half-wits.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yosh70
So editing your post doesnt show a time stamp at the bottom? Or is that not good enough for you?
Editing your post will show a time stamp, but the time stamp will be after you sold your item this leaving the door open to a dispute where the buyer may say, "it didn't say that before he edited it when I bought it. Look. ... it's been edited after the sale."

So no, it's not good enough.

Originally Posted by racer1812
"minor inconvenience"....it's a douche bag move is more like it. All your "reasoning" is BS IMO.
Sorry Racer. I wouldn't exactly call this a legitimate response to my points. Being the moderator you are I'd assume you would support measures buyers and sellers can take to protect themselves.

Disappointing response.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sarinexia
Editing your post will show a time stamp, but the time stamp will be after you sold your item this leaving the door open to a dispute where the buyer may say, "it didn't say that before he edited it when I bought it. Look. ... it's been edited after the sale."

So no, it's not good enough.

Sorry Racer. I wouldn't exactly call this a legitimate response to my points. Being the moderator you are I'd assume you would support measures buyers and sellers can take to protect themselves.

Disappointing response.
Being the moderator that I am. I do try and help anyone who has an issue, the best I can, you know this first hand. BUT I have to look out for the best interest of the site and ALL of its members. Not just the minute fraction that have an issue where PP even looks at a thread.

What you're suggesting people do simply creates WAY more clutter than it's worth.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
Being the moderator that I am. I do try and help anyone who has an issue, the best I can, you know this first hand. BUT I have to look out for the best interest of the site and ALL of its members. Not just the minute fraction that have an issue where PP even looks at a thread.

What you're suggesting people do simply creates WAY more clutter than it's worth.
I will attest first hand to anyone in this forum that Racer has been a wonderful person to have in your corner during a dispute. He's fair and looks at things objectively. I by no means will speak out against you Racer. I give you a lot of credit for what you do here.

I agree there is an issue between threads jumping constantly and protecting one self. I think we can agree it's a catch 22 here. Stop for the good of the forum, or do it for the protection of the people involved in the transaction. I know 1 minute doesn't seem like much, but when you have people going to PayPal attempting to accuse you of modifying your original post after the sale is complete; it's a great piece of evidence to have in your pocket.

And I know you know that first hand too
Old 05-21-2014, 03:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mercfocus
I like everything on your list too, especially the one about the bling.

Which brings me to something that turns me off: Unrealistic asking price.

I don't know how many on this forum is this and I really don't care.

Just because someone paid 600 for everything, that's supposed to make it worth 500? I think not.

No different than real cars: It drops in value by half as soon as you take it out of the box (drive it off the lot). Then it just drops in value from there.

I see the same old ads for stuff over and over for months at a time: on CL, Ebay, swapmeets, FB pages, etc...

Anything and everything is worth only what someone else is willing to pay for it.

This crap ain't worth what people claim it is. I have some really nice cars and I already know I can't get jack for em.

There really needs to be some kind of Kelly Blue Book or Lee's Toy Review for RC cars. Something based on real sales figures and not delusional half-wits.
+1
Old 06-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I like the tips pretty true.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

We need a Buyers do's and dont's sticky. For example dont assume something is included with the sale just because it comes with the unit brand new. Most of us specifically list and picture what is included in a sale. If its not listed or pictured dont cry when you receive your item and its missing something you assumed would be there. A great example is if you buy a charger and there is no charging leads listed or pictured chances are you wont be getting any,regardless if they come with it brand new.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Buyers don't need a sticky to be told "Ask questions and assume NOTHING".

If a seller does his/her job, potential buyers won't have to ask many questions.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I have a POS for sale. Text me for pics.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slo_E4
Pm sent for pics.

Sorry the child in me couldn't resist.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Slo_E4
Originally Posted by hotrod87
Pm sent for pics.

Sorry the child in me couldn't resist.
The only text any seller will get from me is "I sent you a PM on RCTech"

The site will let you upload pics to your thread from a smart phone you lazy DONKEY'S!.....

Or the classic "pics coming soon" "later" "hell maybe never"..........3 days after they created the thread, bumped it 3 times and replied to 4 questions...still no pics. Nice job D bag...lol
Old 06-20-2014, 02:30 PM
Tech Lord

I am glad the mods have a sense of humor. Keep up the good work guys and THANK YOU.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

While I agree with you for the most part, I do not personally use PayPal to print shipping labels. But yeah, it doesn't get much easier than that.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:40 PM
Tech Lord

If you forget how many bumps you get per day. READ THE RULES!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.