Like Tree61Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Old 10-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Initiate

I'll start by apologizing to the gentleman I posted wish you would have posted this yesterday. I should have read the rules and known better without reading the rules. But anyway can somebody please explain "bump," "ttt," and the other abbreviations I see all over, or just point me in the direction to find out. I've read the rules and such but I didn't see any definitions. Sorry if this is ridiculous I just don't want to break any rules as I'm sure this would be frustrating to sellers and buyers a like. Thank you.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

DON'T start ads if your unavailable to answer them. DON'T forget to communicate with your buyers and or potential buyers. DO communicate . Some people seem to forget to do things properly when money or product is received by them. DON'T be this guy.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mbar57
But anyway can somebody please explain "bump," "ttt," and the other abbreviations I see all over, or just point me in the direction to find out.
TTT (to the top) and "bump" are used when the original poster is "bumping" their for sale thread to the first page. You are allowed to do this once every 24 hours. If you notice the FS section of tech is extremely active. It's not uncommon to post an item FS and have it back to page 6 or 7 within 24 hours. Buried that far back you might not get the exposure you want. So once per 24 hours you can reply to the thread (a "bump") that brings is back to page one.

Some people put different things in their reply - "up, up, and away", etc., but it's all the same - just a way to reply and get it to page one.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank you JK, I appreciate your response.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Red face i agree too.

just wanted to say I agree too.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

No one quits RC. You just control other things remotely.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

#2!

when I click on an add and see no pic…. Just 1 picture would be nice.
Unless it's something I really would like…I just leave the thread. Bye Bye
Old 11-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

So it's been three days of trying to contact two different (seemingly unrelated) sellers here and both have been giving me the cold shoulder. I tried to e-mail, PM, post on their original ad, and the one who's phone number I had, I tried contacting him with that and got no response. Should I file a complaint with PayPal? I paid for the stuff last Friday VIA PayPal, and they had good feedback on the forums. Which is odd. Not sure what to do here. =/ Out of $$70 and some components.

Edit: So one guy got back to me. Not going to be giving any feedback but at least he got it shipped.

Last edited by EbbTide; 11-06-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

EbbTide, if it doesn't get resolved and you want advice please use the "trader feedback" forum. http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-feedback-18/
Old 11-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Has anyone thought of doing "sale trades?"

Here is my idea… say somebody has a lower feedback, or both parties just want a bit more security… One person "sells" their item to the other through paypal. He ships, all goes well. Then the other person "sells" their item to the original seller and the original seller sends back the money through paypal?

Yes, a bit is lost through paypal fees…But say something goes wrong, either side can file a paypal claim, no more problems with traders getting ripped off.

Anyways, I think it is a little bit better than just a blind trade, and in the end it works out just like a trade, and…If both traders are on top of things, it should take the same time as a "you ship I receive. then I ship, You receive" standard trade.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Cool idea!! Security would be worth the fee's.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Thumbs up Trade Deals through PayPal

Originally Posted by ThePanda
Has anyone thought of doing "sale trades?"

Here is my idea… say somebody has a lower feedback, or both parties just want a bit more security… One person "sells" their item to the other through paypal. He ships, all goes well. Then the other person "sells" their item to the original seller and the original seller sends back the money through paypal?

Yes, a bit is lost through paypal fees…But say something goes wrong, either side can file a paypal claim, no more problems with traders getting ripped off.

Anyways, I think it is a little bit better than just a blind trade, and in the end it works out just like a trade, and…If both traders are on top of things, it should take the same time as a "you ship I receive. then I ship, You receive" standard trade.
Yeah, I have done that many times before!! It's good to have PayPal to fall back on in case something doesn't work out the way the deal was supposed to. I'm sure that most people would agree to doing this type of trade, even if both parties were to agree on a low dollar amount. If not, I'd just walk away from the deal.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc6000
EbbTide, if it doesn't get resolved and you want advice please use the "trader feedback" forum. http://www.rctech.net/forum/trader-feedback-18/
Thanks for leading me in the right direction :-)

The issues have no been resolved, but I am still attempting to contact both parties. Soon though I'll be going the route of filing a complaint and using the feedback forum. This Friday marks the end of my patience.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

100% agree
Old 11-24-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Im new to this site but im not new to rc and u are so right. Clean your car before you try to sell it. I wouldnt buy anything with mud still on it from ur last race. Lol. I think cleanliness is key to a sale.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.