Like Tree3Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Old 11-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I thought you were only allowed to bump for sale items 3 times daily.
That what I usually do once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once at nighttime. I mean is it okay to sell something that doesnt work? Like for instance
I put some brushless motors up for sale, but the stators are broken in the back.
I felt $50 shipped for TWO motors was a fair deal. Most people sell motors that work for $45 each.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ???E-Racer View Post
I thought you were only allowed to bump for sale items 3 times daily.
That what I usually do once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once at nighttime. I mean is it okay to sell something that doesnt work? Like for instance
I put some brushless motors up for sale, but the stators are broken in the back.
I felt $50 shipped for TWO motors was a fair deal. Most people sell motors that work for $45 each.
You can only bump once per 24 hours (1 Day), anymore and your thread will most likely be locked or deleted.

I guess you could sell something that's broken, but I doubt you would find a buyer anytime soon....

meh for two broken motors I wouldn't pay near $20 maybe $15 , I would rather buy 1 well working motor for $45. But thats just me.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

There's one of these on every post. You gotta gripe about someone bumping 9 times a day then just hit it and snitch.

Originally Posted by Lapper View Post
If you wish to gripe about something, complain about the people who bump 9 times a day leaving the people who actually play by the rules on page ten within an hour.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romian14 View Post
You can only bump once per 24 hours (1 Day), anymore and your thread will most likely be locked or deleted.

I guess you could sell something that's broken, but I doubt you would find a buyer anytime soon....

meh for two broken motors I wouldn't pay near $20 maybe $15 , I would rather buy 1 well working motor for $45. But thats just me.
Yeah well lets just see if they sell. I'll post pictures of the inside of the motors
tommrrow so they know they are not burned up. I beileve the sensors are messed up in them because I have to turn the motor with my fingers with power applied for them to spin. I could just sell the parts separately...
I did get a good laugh with your post thou...
Old 11-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Agree with Item #4, even in 1:1 cars, if I add a turbo or a supercharger to my car, that does exactly 0 for the resale value... I've even been told that when you trade in you are better off returning it to a stock state and then selling the parts on ebay if you want (Though not sure if there is really a market for used $20 aluminum A-arms ...lol)
Old 12-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Why are all these noobs on here going back three to four months on post asking if it was still for sale? Honestly guys/gals if it was still for sale the seller would bump it. No real reason to go back moere than a week.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stunter38 View Post
Why are all these noobs on here going back three to four months on post asking if it was still for sale? Honestly guys/gals if it was still for sale the seller would bump it. No real reason to go back moere than a week.
I had an esc for sale that I didn't bump for over a month. The buyer sent me a PM, never posting in my thread. I don't see why people think that bumping everyday is gonna get them a sale. The FS section is so active new posts fall pretty quick. The only people reading every page are tire kickers. IMO. If I want something I'll search for that item. If you're selling XX item and that's what I'm looking for, I'll find it when I "search". That's my opinion anyway.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Yeah I have a car for sale that I havent bumped in I cant tell ya (simply forget), and today got a PM on it. So no, going back a week only is not right.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

PLEASE POST SOME DAGGUM PICTURES IN YOUR FOR SALE AD. I am so sick of seeing PM me your email or phone # so I can text pics. When I see that I usually move right along. If you, as a seller cannot take the time to properly post pics, how well did you take care of what I am getting ready to buy. Also it always makes me say to myself "what are they trying to hide on the small screen?" Also having worked in and out of IT Security for many years I do not freely hand out my email address. I do not want to be in somebody's address book or sent to history when they get hit with a virus and I sure as heck do not want my phone number given out just to see some stupid pictures. /rant
Old 12-15-2012, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

For all the ignorant sellers who offer insurance for an additional charge. You do realize that insurance covers the seller and not the buyer right Why would I pay you to cover your own butt if the item gets lost

If you ship my item, it gets lost, (no proof of delivery), PP is going to refund my money. Why would I need to pay for insurance...I don't! Even if I receive the item and your shipping carrier damages, smashes, or destroys it, guess what. PP refunds me because it didn't arrive as described.

Spend the 2 bucks to cover your own butt, because I'm not going to.
Old 12-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Also can people stop posting "SOLD" as a new post? Just edit your first post and tell us it's sold. I go into a thread and get all the way to the bottom (on page 4 or 5) only to find the sold sign. Plus it bumps your thread to the top just so you can tell everyone "hey I sold my item". For sale thread is busy enough.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

What the heck is up will of these deadbeat buyers! I had 2 buyers want to purchase the same item I waited 24 hours, no payment, sent buyer a PM and I get a reply stating "sorry I bought something else" after agreeing to purchase my item. Then I moved on to the next guy in line, waited 24hrs for payment, nothing shows up, I send PM early morning and now its mid afternoon with no replies. Am I out of line here? When I do online purchasing (rctech, ebay, A-main) I pay in full within minutes.

Last edited by nv529; 12-27-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
What the heck is up will of these deadbeat buyers! I had 2 buyers want to purchase the same item I waited 24 hours, no payment, sent buyer a PM and I get a reply stating "sorry I bought something else" after agreeing to purchase my item. Then I moved on to the next guy in line, waited 24hrs for payment, nothing shows up, I send PM early morning and now its med afternoon with no replies. Am I out of line here? When I do online purchasing (rctech, ebay, A-main) I pay in full within minutes.
Not really what we are talking about in here. More towards fake items.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nv529 View Post
What the heck is up will of these deadbeat buyers! I had 2 buyers want to purchase the same item I waited 24 hours, no payment, sent buyer a PM and I get a reply stating "sorry I bought something else" after agreeing to purchase my item. Then I moved on to the next guy in line, waited 24hrs for payment, nothing shows up, I send PM early morning and now its med afternoon with no replies. Am I out of line here? When I do online purchasing (rctech, ebay, A-main) I pay in full within minutes.
Not out of line at all, I totally agree. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten a so-called committed buyer, then they just completely bail. No returned PM, no sorry I can't do it.... at least have the courtesy to tell me to go screw myself, c'mon!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE View Post
Not really what we are talking about in here. More towards fake items.
Must have forgot which thread you were in. This aint about Spektrum receivers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.