Like Tree63Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Old 10-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default PAYPAL PHISHING ATTEMPT

ATTENTION ALL PAYPAL USERS:

There has always been phishing attempts via email for PayPal information, but over the pay few days there has been an extremely well crafted phishing attempt regarding PayPal. You may receive an email mentioning something about a monthly recurring payment or a automatic payment sent to someone. The email looks 100% legitimate and even has a payment number.

Some people may question my research and knowledge in network/information security and I assure you this is my profession. The email was so well crafted even a few colleagues of mine thought it looked legitimate, until you see the send from/mailed from.

If you do happen to click the cancel transaction account, you will see it doesn't direct you to paypal.com in the URL. It is a word press set that is looking to grab your login credentials. DO NOT enter your credentials. It was quite funny, within a sanboxed environment, we entered the senders email with a password of "F*ckYou123" and it even logged me in with bogus credentials and wanted me to update the credit card information.

I am sending this message with High Priority and will try to PM one of the Admins and see if that can be its own post. I wanted to get the information out there now because the amount of attempts we are seeing are climbing and i would hate for one of my fellow RC friends to be compromised.

See attachment
Attached Thumbnails Do's and Dont's of selling-paypal.jpg  
Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cmdc View Post
Talking about picture

I also doesnt know how to post pictures here

Heck by posting a nice picture
That doesnt mean crap to me any way
He could of taken a picture of someine elses rc lol

Now that i got that out
How can i sell my nitros
Lol im hooked with electric
And i aint planning on going back to nitro
1 way to help on most car forums is Take a picture of product, (on real car soem say no intrest thread, has to be off car ready to go). take a picture with a sign, with todays date, (hopefully same day you put up post). your forum handle, and what forums you are selling it on. IT not a for sure, But it helps.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default AMBrc system Complete $2500.00

let me know if you are interested, I have a
AMB RC system complete

1. AMB RC decoder
2. Autoscore software
3. Detection loop
4. USB and Serial connectors
5. Charging rack for rechargable transponders
6. 17 Rechargable transponders
7. 2 Power adapters

$2500.00

I can send pictures and or video

Raffell
Old 10-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raffell View Post
let me know if you are interested, I have a
AMB RC system complete

1. AMB RC decoder
2. Autoscore software
3. Detection loop
4. USB and Serial connectors
5. Charging rack for rechargable transponders
6. 17 Rechargable transponders
7. 2 Power adapters

$2500.00

I can send pictures and or video

Raffell
LOL! Try the For Sale Forum with your own For Sale Thread
Old 10-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default buying

Alot of what I have read is just common sense on the buyers part. I look to see if the item is clean and well taken care of(common sense). I look at several sales post's on the item I am interested in to evaluate whether it is a fair deal, I also look at the sellers reviews to insure me they are honest. As far as shipping cost, insurance, that's all negotiable. I do agree it's bs when someone throws out a "foresale feeler thread" (either you want to sell it or you don't).
Old 10-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Insurance, this protects the seller. If the item does not show up, shows up damaged, smashed, destroyed or in any condition other than how it was clearly to be sold. Guess what, you the seller are responsible. I'm not going to pay extra for insurance as a buyer, either you want to cover your butt or you don't.

If a shipping company looses or destroys an item I bought from you, guess what I'll most likely get my money back from PP and you'll be left going "I guess I should have spent the extra 2 bucks to cover my own butt."

that's my opinion on insurance.

shipping charges, if you want more for shipping SAY SO in your thread. Don't back door buyers near the end of the deal and say "oh ya the price is $xx plus $x shipping". If you don't ask for $ for shipping in your thread, the price you have listed is what I expect and will pay, no more.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

Another key... never under any cirumstances buy from someone who has any neg rep. I went against my better judgement thinking that some people need the benifit of the doubt... sorry. I am almost certain I just lost 260.00 because I went against this rule to save some money... now I may be out of this money.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Initiate

how do you know if there a good person to buy from then?
Old 10-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by breezyinAZ View Post
how do you know if there a good person to buy from then?
Its a risk you take really. I try to gauge a person somewhat from how they convey themselves in their messages or post. Granted this isnt fool proof but has helped in the past. I have a list of people I wont deal with at all or with again.

ALWAYS pay with paypal. As racer1812 mentioned.....if the deal goes south, you wont (as the buyer) get screwed.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default pictures

neither of my computers will let me upload pictures anymore. no response from moderators or forum help. any ideas. do i need to have old for sale threads deleted?

thanks

lynn
Old 11-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Lynn,

I asked moderators to remove some threads months ago and they have not done so.

I cannot post pics any more either; but when I asked the moderators, never was able to resolve the issue.

I can post pics anywhere else.

My only suggestion would be to try and shrink them down to a very small size. If they load, someone can click on them to enlarge them.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

thanks larry
Old 11-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

You overlooked the OBO issue.

It has been my humble expirence to make WHAT I BELIEVE to be geniune, legitimate offers on several items posted as OBO based on age, damage visible in the posted pictures, replacement parts availability and tech support only to have the poster of the item go off like a lot lizard that just got stiffed out of her fee.

Here's my nickle's worth.

OBO means Or Best Offer

BEST OFFER
The interested party makes an offer - his BEST offer.
Then, the seller-poster determines if that offer is in fact the BEST offer for his item.

Hey, seller-poster; No one knows what magic numbers are in your twisted mellon.

If the BEST OFFER some one makes you doesn't meet your expectations then respond in a mature manner. Perhaps with something intelligent like, "Thank you for your offer, but I would like to get at least XXX." Or, "No thank you."

Shite like, "don't waste my time" or "you need your money more than i do" or "i've got better things to do" just scream of ignorance and stupidity.

Granted, some of you that pull this crap may only have a 6th grade education, but if you don't know what an acronym means then don't use it.

If you can't post a rock bottom price then I suggest you use eBay & the buy it now feature instead of wasting everyone elses time with your OBO crap.

You know who you are -

Originally Posted by chillymostly View Post
I know alot of you guys on here get irritated like me when you see some of these for sale threads. So I decided to compile a list of my for sale negatives.

1. Cleanliness is next to godliness lol. CLEAN YOUR STUFF BEFORE YOU TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR STUFF!!! Do you really expect to sell something covered in mud and dirt? That is a complete turn off of purchase for me. All that tells me is that you don't care about your item at all, you probably beat the crap out of it, and have alot of issues with it so you just want to get it off of your hands.

2. POST PICTURES. Do you know how annoying it is to click on a thread only to be greeted by no pics? That just shows laziness, again a complete purchase turn off. "I dont know how to post pics here, Ill text or email you pics". That phrase just screams i stole pics from somebody else and i have a better chance of not getting caught if i dont post them for everybody to see.

3. "I got to get this gone", "I need this outta here" and whatever other meth addict phrases you say. That just sounds like your a crack head who just stole something and looking to fence it. It does not make me want to buy.

4. ALUMINUM PARTS DOES NOT INCREASE THE VALUE OF YOUR RC $1000. You can put all the bling you want on a tmaxx, but at the end of the day its still just a tmaxx. Its your money pit, don't bling it out if you dont plan on keeping it because you will never recoup all that money.

5. 400 + shipping + paypal fees. Really? Paypal fees? Dude YOUR SELLING AN ITEM, THEREFOR THEY ARE YOUR SELLER FEES. Nobody asked YOU to sell YOUR item. YOU made a conscious decision to sell something, YOU take the hit. As soon as I see + paypal fees, thats my que to exit thread immediately.

6. Feller thread. What the heck is a feller thread. Every thread is a feller thread. If you dont get the price you want, your not going to sell. Isn't every thread like that?

If you follow this guide your item will sell.

I want to hear what anybody else has to add to the list.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:17 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -Dutch- View Post
You overlooked the OBO issue.

It has been my humble expirence to make WHAT I BELIEVE to be geniune, legitimate offers on several items posted as OBO based on age, damage visible in the posted pictures, replacement parts availability and tech support only to have the poster of the item go off like a lot lizard that just got stiffed out of her fee.

Here's my nickle's worth.

OBO means Or Best Offer

BEST OFFER
The interested party makes an offer - his BEST offer.
Then, the seller-poster determines if that offer is in fact the BEST offer for his item.

Hey, seller-poster; No one knows what magic numbers are in your twisted mellon.

If the BEST OFFER some one makes you doesn't meet your expectations then respond in a mature manner. Perhaps with something intelligent like, "Thank you for your offer, but I would like to get at least XXX." Or, "No thank you."

Shite like, "don't waste my time" or "you need your money more than i do" or "i've got better things to do" just scream of ignorance and stupidity.

Granted, some of you that pull this crap may only have a 6th grade education, but if you don't know what an acronym means then don't use it.

If you can't post a rock bottom price then I suggest you use eBay & the buy it now feature instead of wasting everyone elses time with your OBO crap.

You know who you are -
I have "obo" Or Best Offer in a number of my threads. All that means is that the price is negotiable. If I'm posting something for let's say... $100 obo it simply means I'm willing to work with you on the price. You wouldn't believe how many people see $100 and say to themselves "Well, I don't have a hundred bucks. Moving on." I know for a fact that no matter what price I post, people are going to try to talk me down. May as well start from the top. I have to agree 100% that being rude is certainly not the way to be. I entertain any and all offers and if the offer is below my "rock bottom price" I usually try to meet in the middle. Some might think your item is worth the $100 dollars and some might think it's only worth $60 but there is no sense in short changing yourself in every sale. There is a difference between what it's worth and what you're willing to take. I know you weren't talking about me but I felt compelled to offer my opinion. I also want to add that most of the time people take no consideration of what it costs to ship an item.

If you wish to gripe about something, complain about the people who bump 9 times a day leaving the people who actually play by the rules on page ten within an hour.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lapper View Post
I have "obo" Or Best Offer in a number of my threads. All that means is that the price is negotiable. If I'm posting something for let's say... $100 obo it simply means I'm willing to work with you on the price. You wouldn't believe how many people see $100 and say to themselves "Well, I don't have a hundred bucks. Moving on." I know for a fact that no matter what price I post, people are going to try to talk me down. May as well start from the top. I have to agree 100% that being rude is certainly not the way to be. I entertain any and all offers and if the offer is below my "rock bottom price" I usually try to meet in the middle. Some might think your item is worth the $100 dollars and some might think it's only worth $60 but there is no sense in short changing yourself in every sale. There is a difference between what it's worth and what you're willing to take. I know you weren't talking about me but I felt compelled to offer my opinion. I also want to add that most of the time people take no consideration of what it costs to ship an item.

If you wish to gripe about something, complain about the people who bump 9 times a day leaving the people who actually play by the rules on page ten within an hour.
report it or PM a link to a moderator. We can't do anything if we don't know about it. The FS section is far to busy for us to find all of them on our own.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.