Like Tree61Likes

Do's and Dont's of selling

Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ephidelt490
I used to visit this site 10-20 times a day. I got so tired of all the babies bickering about things that have no relation to the hobby that we all enjoy, that I stopped coming here. I raced all over the country for a few years and spent countless amounts of money racing R/C. I would rather some other R/C'ers benefit from buying my items that I no longer need at a lower price than what I could sell it to some no-namer on eBay for. I always thought it was cool to see one of my bodies on a vehicle when I'd travel to a big race and know that person was getting good use out of something I enjoyed but no longer needed.

That being said, today is the first time I have EVER had someone bitch and moan about sending a PP payment as a gift or simply paying 3% to cover the fees on an item. I always cover the shipping and ship USPS Priority (which you all know damn good and well costs more and more every day !!). I saw the "rule" about the PP fees, but it never deterred any of the other guys that bought any of my items (for WAY less than what they go for on eBay), until today. So, from now on I will abide by the rule and let the buyer pay for the $5+ shipping cost on a small item rather than paying the $2-$3 paypal fee or simply sending as a gift....
Sorry to hear that . This is what I was afraid would happen over this rule.

Just another example folks of a good seller here that ate over 50% of the expense now passing it to the buyer because of 1 nay say'er over this.

See Post #217
Old 03-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Firm?

Someone might have mentioned this already before. I don't understand when someone would say "$xx.oo FIRM." Then later on the post would say..."make reasonable offers.". Is the price firm? Or make offers? Confused.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:28 PM
Suspended

And..... Why was my for sale post deleted for my x-cons? I clearly said NO PP FEES and specifically said "handling fee / gratuity. I was clearly within the rules, yet, deleted?

Explain why please?
Old 03-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sarinexia
And..... Why was my for sale post deleted for my x-cons? I clearly said NO PP FEES and specifically said "handling fee / gratuity. I was clearly within the rules, yet, deleted?

Explain why please?
Your best bet is to just add any fees into your asking price. I understand where your coming from with handling fees. Packaging materials and gasoline for the trip to the post office isn't free. I tally all those costs and add it into my final asking price.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:10 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dangerous_toys
Your best bet is to just add any fees into your asking price. I understand where your coming from with handling fees. Packaging materials and gasoline for the trip to the post office isn't free. I tally all those costs and add it into my final asking price.
Sigh.... It's that "don't ask don't tell" policy thanks to this stupid PP rule.

I can't even make a for sale thread itemizing out the costs for the buyer so there are no questions on the final sale price because the PP police are on full alert.

Guess ur right.... All we can do is add all of it into the sale price.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Exclamation

This may have been mentioned before, but.........
I hate it when you clearly post the word FIRM in nice bright RED letters & you get 20 people say "What is your best price shipped to xxxxx?" Please, do you not know what the heck firm means?!?!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OhYeah!
Someone might have mentioned this already before. I don't understand when someone would say "$xx.oo FIRM." Then later on the post would say..."make reasonable offers.". Is the price firm? Or make offers? Confused.
Well...I guess after 0 PM's or replies to their post, desperation sets in!!
Besides, they could always edit their ad & take out FIRM.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by Sarinexia
You can not enforce a "no asking for PP fees" policy.
Blah, blah, blah
Am I the ONLY one who sees how silly of a rule this is?
Blah, blah, blah
I'm not against a no asking for PP fees rule,
Blah, blah, blah
It's simply not enforceable......
Blah, blah, blah
Just take a moment and think about this....
Ok.... Took your suggested moment and it still results in......

RC Tech CAN and WILL enforce this PP rule. Not to mention it being one of the best rules to come along and not to mention it is in line with Pay-Pals very own user policy. Pay-Pal's own rules state accepting or demanding a buyer to pay the seller fees or to send payment as "gift" for goods is against their rules.

Are you the ONLY one you ask.... Well you know the saying.....
"There's always one"

Simply not enforceable???? Sure it is... The person still demanding things are their own way like a cranky little kid insisting things go their way even after a rule is made simply gets their post deleted. And if they continue to insist things be their own way... They get themselves a vacation from the forum.

So in fact... It is completely enforceable. A few infractions and suspensions later, even the cry babies will realize it is enforceable.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you ask for offers, (or even if you don't), if someone takes the time to make an offer, even if it is less than what you want, take the time to reply back to them. I will always make an offer, it never hurts. But if I do, I am serious about buying it. Take the time to send me a counter offer, or tell me that you appreciate the offer but your price is firm. There are several guys on here that I made offers too that still have thier stuff for sale, that probably would already have the money in thier Paypal account if they had made an effort to respond.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

I wish sellers would leave the asking price after the item sells instead of editing the price out for the word "Sold'. It would be great for comparing prices to new prices and for gauging prices for stuff you want to sell. Ive seen this a rule on other forums. Just a suggestion.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Lmao !
Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chillymostly
I know alot of you guys on here get irritated like me when you see some of these for sale threads. So I decided to compile a list of my for sale negatives.

1. Cleanliness is next to godliness lol. CLEAN YOUR STUFF BEFORE YOU TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR STUFF!!! Do you really expect to sell something covered in mud and dirt? That is a complete turn off of purchase for me. All that tells me is that you don't care about your item at all, you probably beat the crap out of it, and have alot of issues with it so you just want to get it off of your hands.

2. POST PICTURES. Do you know how annoying it is to click on a thread only to be greeted by no pics? That just shows laziness, again a complete purchase turn off. "I dont know how to post pics here, Ill text or email you pics". That phrase just screams i stole pics from somebody else and i have a better chance of not getting caught if i dont post them for everybody to see.

3. "I got to get this gone", "I need this outta here" and whatever other meth addict phrases you say. That just sounds like your a crack head who just stole something and looking to fence it. It does not make me want to buy.

4. ALUMINUM PARTS DOES NOT INCREASE THE VALUE OF YOUR RC $1000. You can put all the bling you want on a tmaxx, but at the end of the day its still just a tmaxx. Its your money pit, don't bling it out if you dont plan on keeping it because you will never recoup all that money.

5. 400 + shipping + paypal fees. Really? Paypal fees? Dude YOUR SELLING AN ITEM, THEREFOR THEY ARE YOUR SELLER FEES. Nobody asked YOU to sell YOUR item. YOU made a conscious decision to sell something, YOU take the hit. As soon as I see + paypal fees, thats my que to exit thread immediately.

6. Feller thread. What the heck is a feller thread. Every thread is a feller thread. If you dont get the price you want, your not going to sell. Isn't every thread like that?

If you follow this guide your item will sell.

I want to hear what anybody else has to add to the list.
Some school lessons for you. Because YOU clearly dont know the difference between what is YOURS (this is something that belongs to you) and YOU'RE (short for YOU ARE) as in "Dude YOU'RE selling YOUR item". Understand?
Old 04-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by svndayNZ
Some school lessons for you. Because YOU clearly dont know the difference between what is YOURS (this is something that belongs to you) and YOU'RE (short for YOU ARE) as in "Dude YOU'RE selling YOUR item". Understand?
I hope YOU'RE not a grown man. Because only a child would write something as pointless as you just wrote. You should be embarrassed. lol. Go pay a bill or something.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Both of you knock it off.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chillymostly
I hope YOU'RE not a grown man. Because only a child would write something as pointless as you just wrote. You should be embarrassed. lol. Go pay a bill or something.
you're right sorry mate, I didn't mean to sound so condescending. It wasn't right of me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.