R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Items: For Sale/Trade (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade-16/)
-   -   Tamiya F201 with Hop-ups (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/59255-tamiya-f201-hop-ups.html)

rayhuang 01-05-2005 11:20 AM

Tamiya F201 with Hop-ups

Hey all,

I bought this used F201 and I am in the process of doing a very detailed rebuild, but I am going to sell it anyways. Car will come partially assembled-but not one part missing to complete rebuild..

Things I have done:

-polished every ballstud
-Polished shock shafts
-ultrasonically cleaned all bearings and re-oiled.
-silicone 0-rings on all suspension ball joints to deslop.
-Front tranny and suspension fully built.
-rebuilt diffs. and removed any high spots on bearing races in tranny housings.
-cleaned all drivetrain parts.
-replaced all lower arms with re-enforced arms.
-rebuilt all shocks.

The car comes with these hop-ups:
-lt wt front diff.
-Front and Rear Universals!!!
-aluminum front rocker arms.
-re-enforced front and rear arms (new).
-aluminum front shock bodies.
-aluminum Motor Mount.

And comes with these other parts and spares:
-Mutiple sets of kit tires, wheels and inserts-some new and unmounted.
-well used full set of chassis components.
-A BAR TOyota body in used, but good shape. Two sets of front wings and a rear wing.
-front and rear dogbones and axles.
-plastoic shock bodies.
-manual, original box, servo saver, servo mounts, all screws, antenna tube. Its all there.

The only thing I need to warn about is there is one screw that stripped so I had to cross cut the screw to get it out-hence a dremel line on the stock chassis-which has the usual scratches from being run outdoors.
I can finish rebuilding the car if you like.

$160.00 shipped add 3% for Pay Pal.

Thanks,
Ray
[email protected]

Pics in a day or so.

TurboFC3S 01-05-2005 11:28 AM

Hmmm, very tempting ... I'm sure buying from you I'd get a killer setup.

rayhuang 01-05-2005 11:31 AM

Originally posted by TurboFC3S
Hmmm, very tempting ... I'm sure buying from you I'd get a killer setup.
Thanks-but to be honest-I have enevr driven a F201, but all I can say is what I have done so far to the car has much improved it from when I got it. I amtrying to build it like I would my 12th scale. NO slop-everything smooth as can be.

TurboFC3S 01-05-2005 11:38 AM

Yea, that's cool ... and if I do buy it, I'd really like for you to finish with what you had planned for the car. Here in St Louis we don't have much on-road action, so no real experts to work with. So getting a car done by you would be nice, a learning experience to see how other guys do it.

Biscuit 01-05-2005 01:23 PM

when you have pics can you post them! i have been looking for one of these to race at a parking lot thing over the summer, im an offroad guy, and i like to do different stuff. thanks man
would you take a money order?

rayhuang 01-05-2005 01:25 PM

I will post themas soon as I can!!

Yes-I'd prefer a MO over any other payment.

I'll try my best to get the pics up late tonight.

Biscuit 01-05-2005 02:24 PM

ok, well i have an mf2 that im trying to sell right now, so i hope i can sell it to get this car, its brand new, and i have not had anyone asking about it yet, so ill take it to the track and see. thanks ray!

rayhuang 01-06-2005 10:16 AM

build in progress

1 Attachment(s)
picture of finished front end.

rayhuang 01-06-2005 10:17 AM

rear end

1 Attachment(s)
Heres the back almost ready to be put back together!!

TigeRyan 01-06-2005 10:23 AM

How TCS ready is this car???

TurboFC3S 01-06-2005 10:23 AM

Looks nice, but I'm going to have to bow out ... since I just bought a TB-02 and a T4 truck. Unless you'd be interested in a TB-01 with tons of aluminum on it :)

rayhuang 01-06-2005 10:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Tigeryan-its 100% legal. IT needs things like the re-enforced prop shatfs, lt. wt counter gears and another lt. wt. diff-the its about as hopped up as a TCS legal F201 can be.

NOtice on the rear arms I already put the silicone 0-rings on.

Heres a pic of most of what you'll get. ONe set-of tires is worn out. ONe set is Pit Shimizu hards and then theres two brand new sets of stock tires. ONe has inserts.

Ray

rayhuang 01-06-2005 10:52 AM

No problem TurboFC3S-I too need cash-to pay for the TB02 I just bought :lol:

TurboFC3S 01-06-2005 11:05 AM

Originally posted by rayhuang
No problem TurboFC3S-I too need cash-to pay for the TB02 I just bought :lol:
Ha, I should just buy an EVO ... but for some reason I always buy the lowest model possible and then spend 3x as much adding parts to it.

rayhuang 01-06-2005 11:50 AM

I had some of the very First EvoIII's to hit America. Bought them from a HK shop before Tam USA brought them over. My TB02 is actually an evoIII converted into a TB02 with longer driveshaft, aluminum bits all over it. Its gonna make a rockin GT2 or GT! car I think.