Feeler thread.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Feeler thread.

I just bought a new kit (Ten-T) (My FIRST nitro!!!) just to bash with, and that comes with a Spektrum DX3S radio. I am currently using a Futaba 3PM FASST setup. (With 4 receivers) My initial thought was to pull the receiver and telemetry stuff out of the new truck and sell the brand new radio in an effort to recoup some of the whopping price tag of the kit... But now that I have thought about it... and researched a bit... I could just as well sell my Futaba receivers (3x R603FF and 1 R603FS) and radio for about the same amount and just buy another Spektrum (DSM2) receiver for my race truck.. Then I'd have a new radio.. I REALY love the "feel" of driving with the HRS mode on the Futaba (those who have used one will know what im talking about) but the "gun" itself is 4 years old now.. and it shows.. and feels it.. I think the DSM receiver and telemetry will be fine in the basher Ten-T but I'd want the DSM2 in my race rig to feel as close as possible to the Futaba FASST system...

Would you guys keep the Futaba (maybe get a new (or used)TX.. like a 3PK) or switch at this point to the Spektrum? I DO NOT CARE AT ALL about the telemetry REALLY so dont base anything on that.. I think i can get 50-60 bucks each for the 4 of the Futaba receivers and gun.. and likely close to the same for the Spekky DX3s with telemetry..

I had 4 trucks at one point, but im down to 2 now so having to get ONE spektrum rx wouldn't be too much trouble..

What are your thoughts? Am I over thinking this?? Which would sell easier/faster? Is there any interest in 4 Futaba FASST Receivers?