Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya Moster Beetle w/ Thorpe Diff

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Tamiya Moster Beetle w/ Thorpe Diff

I know vintage stuff doesn't sell as well here as it does on Ebay, but I wanted to try first before listing it there.

What I have is an original Moster Beetle with the Thorpe Differential. Overall, it's in about 6 out of 10 condition. Reason why I say that is it has some use on it, and one of the body mounting locations on the chassis has been broken and super glued back on. But overall, it's clean and complete.

Good stuff is the Differential obviously, and I have a fresh rebuild kit for it. Car also has some nice aluminum shocks in the rear (and the orignal plastic shocks still). It has red anodized aluminum wheel hubs, quite a few extra parts, full ball bearings, some nice HPI 5 spoke rims (tires not gued on). I still have the original rims, but they're painted blue. Lots of extra parts like axles and dogbones, some Tamiya parts still on the tree. It also has an old Duratrax ESC and Futaba standard servo. The ESC is kinda fun, the voltage regulator burned out years ago and was replaced by an electronics guru friend of mine with a piece about 5x as strong ... I've since ran the ESC with a 9 turn motor without problem.

I'll wait to see if there's interest before posting pictures, but since I'm a professional photographer, you can count on good detailed shots of what you'd be getting

I'm not looking for much money out of it, would just like to get it out of the basement. It hasn't been ran for 10 years easily. Probably would like to get $75 for it.

Oh, and I still have the orignal box too! If there's interest, I'll post enough pics to bring your DSL to it's knees
Old 01-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You got my interest :-). Could you please post some pics, or email them to [email protected]? I just started collecting RC cars, and this one sounds very interesting to me. If you take paypal, I can react quickly once it checks out.

Edit: My only concern is the repair. If it looks good, I'll buy it, but overall pics would be nice too.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 01-05-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Pics sent ...
Old 01-05-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Payment sent.