Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
Wanted to TRADE. Very Custom Baja Tube chassis 5B >

Wanted to TRADE. Very Custom Baja Tube chassis 5B

Wanted to TRADE. Very Custom Baja Tube chassis 5B

Old 09-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default Wanted to TRADE. Very Custom Baja Tube chassis 5B

I have this 5b that was converted to a rc4wd tuber with the desert storm chassis. This buggy has only a couple runs on it....less then you can count with one hand. Super clean.

So the issue is when I bought this buggy I fell in love with it due to the cage and the fact that always wanted a 1/5 scale. This buggy was originally a baja ss 2.0 RTR per the original owner. There was a chinese 2 speed installed and the the one way bearing was blown.

This is how I bought it and it has sat. I just dont have the time to learn a new rig....plus I dont really feel like dealing with the gas to be honest....only because it cant be worked on inside.

Soooooo. I think its a bad ass rig though for someone. I am sure someone has the time to build this biotch up. It has a hell of a start.

FROM THE BUILDER
Here is my very custom hpi baja 5b. It's mods include:
30.5cc full mod race motor
2 speed trans
ddm pipe
rc4wd roll cage system DESERT STORM

front disk brakes (dont know manuf)

ddm v2 rear bumper with wheelie bar
NO TX/RX

original rx battery pack
has only had 4 tanks ran through the motor, and 1 more run on the buggy(previous owner didn't put oil in the gas with the original motor lol)

The only bad thing about this 5B, is that it needs a new one way bearing in the trans, not a hard fix maybe 30-45 mins to fix, and the bearing is about $30.
Feel free to ask questions!!
Thanks and have a blessed day.
p.s. doesn't come with wheels/tires pictured, comes with a set of dirt buster tires, fronts are great, but the rears are almost slick and all on factory wheels.

Gawd only knows what the motor is and if it runs. I imagine there should be no issues. But testing is not in my realm of capability. Unless the interested party want to walk me thru some tests.

So that is it.

It has a butt load of money invested. There is original serial numbers on it, along with a lot of HPI marks, I know this is important. I spent all night making sure it was original baja before the conversion, and I am satisfied it is.

Please ask any questions.

Interested in trading this for something comparable in price and investment. Please let me know what you have in mind via PM.

This is my efforts to avoid dealing with ebay. "thumbsup"

I have been as honest as I possibly can with this and who ever wants to trade, please do the same and be prepared to offer up trade feedback either here or somewhere.

Oh I also installed some like new MEAN Badland tires on stock HPI star wheels. They are nice. The others were unusable.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

OKAY DUMPING THIS THING CHEAP> $800 shipped and she is all yours!!! or looking for a trade still.