Wiki Posts
Search

RC Donations Needed!! Please help if you can

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default RC Donations Needed!! Please help if you can

Fellow RC racers, We need your help. Our club, Brevard Electric auto Racers is starting a new relationship with Boy Scouts of America and Go-RCing.org. We're finalizing details for a new Explorer crew(14-21 year olds) focusing on RC under the BSA Auto Mechanics program. Styled like GO-RCing.org, we're in need of donations to get things going. BSA requires 5 members to start. We have that, and more, interested

The BSA/GO-RCing.org program will utilize Tamiya Mini chassis so our immediate need is roller chassis. If you have an unused M03 or M05 taking up space, we can put it to good use.

Novak is helping us out with some esc's but if you have an older,brushed motor w/reverse esc you'd like to donate that would be great.

Radios and receivers. AM, FM, or 2.4ghz will all work. Please consider donating it.

Although equipment donations are preferred, if you, your club or shop wish to make a monetary donation it would be gladly accepted.

We're hoping for big things. Already been approached by parents of younger scouts who want to get involved also.
As you can imagine, this effort would be a great boost for our small club and for RC racing in general.
We're currently the only on-road racing group in the county and showing steady growth but other club needs have left us with no expendable cash.

Although I'd prefer to hear from you before you send anything I'll post the address up for those that feel comfortable enough to just go ahead and send whatever they can.

Brevard Electric Auto Racers
510 California Ave. NE
Palm Bay, FL. 32907

Give us some help if you can or just spread the word of what we're doing. Feel free to PM or E-Mail me.
THANKS ALL !!
WWW.BEAR-RC.COM
WWW.GO-RCing.ORG

Last edited by Evoracer; 05-30-2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Do the esc's have to have reverse? I may be able to get a couple of traxas AM radios, don't know about the recievers yet.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can you put up an address for people to send donations to.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cweb
Do the esc's have to have reverse? I may be able to get a couple of traxas AM radios, don't know about the recievers yet.
Originally Posted by scootinround
Can you put up an address for people to send donations to.
Thanks for asking fellas.
Although the ESC rule for our Mini class requires reverse, any donation will be accepted since we could always try to sell it or trade it for what we need. Like they say...beggars can't be chosers.

I thought about putting the address up but it seemed kind of rude to just ask for donations, paste an address up and wait for the packages to roll in. I'll go ahead and post it but I'd really prefer everyone to contact me before sending donations.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Really appreciate the help so far folks !! Lots of good donations. Desparately seeking some roller or partial Mini chassis. Please help if you have one collecting dust.
Thanks to all of you who've contacted me.
Keep it rolling. Please help if you can !!