Wiki Posts
Search

havoc 3s ballistic problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default havoc 3s ballistic problems

In june of last year I got a the 10.5 ballistic havoc 3s combo with traxxas plug for my sc10. This is a race track only truck no bashing. Got 3 races out of it and the speed control crapped out. Got ahold of novak sent it back they replaced it under warrenty. But not in enough time to race it again that season. So its been sitting on the shelf since then until this weekend I got the truck ready to go practice because our track just opened. Could not get the speed control to stay on it would keep reseting itself so I tryed 2 different batttery packs the 1st 2 were lipos the a 8.4v dtx pack. It kept reseting finaly got it to stay on after a1l2 hour with a lipo pack 4200 2s 25c ran for 10 min and did it again I thought I hit lvc put another pack in it and nothing. So I went home. 45 min drive. Got up this morn to mess with it again it ran for 2 min and kept on reseting its self again. So I emailed novak cs and called their tech support and got no anwser I called them 5 times today with no luck I kinda feel like I got ripped off.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Sorry put this in the wrong trend
Old 05-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojoman81
In june of last year I got a the 10.5 ballistic havoc 3s combo with traxxas plug for my sc10. This is a race track only truck no bashing. Got 3 races out of it and the speed control crapped out. Got ahold of novak sent it back they replaced it under warrenty. But not in enough time to race it again that season. So its been sitting on the shelf since then until this weekend I got the truck ready to go practice because our track just opened. Could not get the speed control to stay on it would keep reseting itself so I tryed 2 different batttery packs the 1st 2 were lipos the a 8.4v dtx pack. It kept reseting finaly got it to stay on after a1l2 hour with a lipo pack 4200 2s 25c ran for 10 min and did it again I thought I hit lvc put another pack in it and nothing. So I went home. 45 min drive. Got up this morn to mess with it again it ran for 2 min and kept on reseting its self again. So I emailed novak cs and called their tech support and got no anwser I called them 5 times today with no luck I kinda feel like I got ripped off.
[email protected] If you haven't talked to Charlie. Email him. He has always answered my questions. I would have tested the "new" one the minute I got my hands on it. New stands for "never ever worked" before. Mainly because as you know we only get 120 days warranty.

Good Luck
Old 05-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rgraham
[email protected] If you haven't talked to Charlie. Email him. He has always answered my questions. I would have tested the "new" one the minute I got my hands on it. New stands for "never ever worked" before. Mainly because as you know we only get 120 days warranty.

Good Luck
Ok thanks I will I figured since it was brand new it was ok but I tryed the motor with my vxl speed control froom my slash and it did the same thing I tryed it sensored thought. Ill probably try it unsensored and see if I get anything. And I don't have another sensored motor to test the speed control. My slash has a castle and I never had a prob with them.