Community
Wiki Posts
Search

selling code of ethics

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Default selling code of ethics

It appears RC Tech has little in the way of code of ethics on this site while selling. Other forums i belong to have codes of ethics for sellers to avoid issues. Seems like a free for all here with no supervision. Am i missing something?

The proper way to sell things on a forum are as follows.

1. When a person says they will buy the item the seller lists "sale pending to ________ pending payment" to give the buyer a reasonable amount of time to send the payment so he or she does not have to babysit the thread and wait for the seller to sign in.

2. Other forums require buyers to accept the deals on the thread and not in a PM so their is no question about who accepts the deal first.

I found these 2 simple rules makes transactions smooth and eventless. The other forums will ban sellers for not following those rules so eveybody does.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default delete this

delete this thread or move the thread...wrong place..to post in..
first rule is to follow the rules..

ps....I have told at least a hundred times...I'll take it with a question about the item at the same time..
answer the question and people just poofff...gone..

the only rule to follow if it's too good to be true then it is.
I do all my transactions on PM...period. nothing is done on the sale thread.
by the way...all PMs are time stamped....so problem solved.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by olhipster1
delete this thread or move the thread...wrong place..to post in..
first rule is to follow the rules..

ps....I have told at least a hundred times...I'll take it with a question about the item at the same time..
answer the question and people just poofff...gone..

the only rule to follow if it's too good to be true then it is.
I do all my transactions on PM...period. nothing is done on the sale thread.
by the way...all PMs are time stamped....so problem solved.
well now i have negative lying feedback from this guy. I have no problem with making the deal through pm but other forums want the conversation to start in the thread. Now how is the wrong forum? This is the selling forum.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Punt66
Now how is the wrong forum? This is the selling forum.

you should be using this (RC Tech Site Forum):
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-tech-site-forum-14/

the sale threads are for just that to SELL or TRADE...
not to provide input...the other link is for that.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

the rules are fine here. Just lke anyone, I reserve the right to sell to whom I want. My stuff, my rights and the one that has cash now is usaully the one that gets the deal done.

Look at it like this. Lets say I put something up for sale and some yahoo says in the thread, "I want it!" Then that yahoo doesnt log in for a day and doesnt respond. WHy do I have to wait for him to log in and respond cause he posted first? Then I just got 10 pms 10 mins later saying, "I'll take it, I'll payal right now." Why should I have to wait to sell my item? lol

My .02

Now about your feedback I would talk to mods about it. Not right for him to leave you bad feedback for not paying timely.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

punt, i actually feel you got screwewd here after reading your feedback. bad rating after 12 hours to pay ??? thats not right mabye he just got a higher offer and took it . then he left you bad feedback to protect himself because he knew you would leave him bad feedback !
Old 02-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vr6cj
the rules are fine here. Just lke anyone, I reserve the right to sell to whom I want. My stuff, my rights and the one that has cash now is usaully the one that gets the deal done.

Look at it like this. Lets say I put something up for sale and some yahoo says in the thread, "I want it!" Then that yahoo doesnt log in for a day and doesnt respond. WHy do I have to wait for him to log in and respond cause he posted first? Then I just got 10 pms 10 mins later saying, "I'll take it, I'll payal right now." Why should I have to wait to sell my item? lol

My .02
this is why i will no longer buy anything here. Why should a buyer babysit a thread not knowing when you will sign on. No honor here. MODS, just erase my profile. My rc club is full of honorable people. Too bad this site doesnt share that for its fellow hobbyists.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 185 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Punt66
this is why i will no longer buy anything here. Why should a buyer babysit a thread not knowing when you will sign on. No honor here. MODS, just erase my profile. My rc club is full of honorable people. Too bad this site doesnt share that for its fellow hobbyists.
Sorry to hear you got a bad deal. I personally have had very positive transactions here. Nothing wrong with this site. Dont let one sour grape leave a bad taste in your mouth. There is going to be a pia on any site you go to.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That's the worst part about selling on a forum is people that aren't online 24/7. And will only send one message per day. I always go by my own rule that says "he who asks for a paypal address first gets it." After I give my paypal address out I don't see any reason why it would take them more than 24 hours to send payment.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 2SiX
That's the worst part about selling on a forum is people that aren't online 24/7. And will only send one message per day. I always go by my own rule that says "he who asks for a paypal address first gets it." After I give my paypal address out I don't see any reason why it would take them more than 24 hours to send payment.
i am with you 100%. This guy gave me is paypal address and listed it sold to somebody else 15 minutes later and never updated my pm. So he was waiting for a second payment. Then i question him on it and he calls me every name in the book and then gives me negative feedback saying i was calling him names. I dont call anybody names. Its childish.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I like the idea he who posts first gets the item. I posted first in the thread that I wanted to buy an item and PM'd the seller for a paypal address. Took the seller almost 2 hours to respond with the address. I of course didnt sit by the computer watching for the seller to log in. I paid within an hour and 15 minutes of getting the paypal address. The seller sold to someone else because "I didnt respond fast enough". It took me less time to pay than it did to get the address from the seller. But I guess it's a free country and people can sell to whoever they want to. But it would be nice of sellers to at least give a potential buyer who first posts and first PM's at least a few hours to pay.....
Old 02-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by karlracing
punt, i actually feel you got screwewd here after reading your feedback. bad rating after 12 hours to pay ??? thats not right mabye he just got a higher offer and took it . then he left you bad feedback to protect himself because he knew you would leave him bad feedback !
if you look at the thread, he sold the item to somebody else 15 minutes after he gave me his address! Then accuses me of waiting 12 hours to pay.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

This is the thread. He ends it calling ME a POS. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...aints-etc.html
Old 02-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I don't understand all the people who say they want something but then drag ass when it comes time to pay up. I want alot of things but if I don't have the money in hand I won't say I want it and hold up a sale to someone else.

Communication between buyer and seller needs to be crystal clear, if either isn't going to be online for awhile the other party needs to know to avoid most of the drama. As a buyer nothing will get you doubting someones honesty more than sending payment and not hearing from the seller for few days. As a seller, someone who says I'll take it and holds up the sale for few days while they're trying to get some money together (or whatever reason)is a waste of time and frustrating. Posting up sale pending will chase potential buyers away or at the least give a couple of days to fall in love with something else they have to have and possible cost the seller a sale from someone who has the money now and wants it. To me it's either for sale or sold there is no middle ground. IMHO.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kenslaw
I like the idea he who posts first gets the item.
It should say he who pays first gets the item...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.