Wiki Posts
Search

FT: Custom Rustler VXL FLM Alum Roller + Some

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default FT: Custom Rustler VXL FLM Alum Roller + Some

Up for trade I have my much babied, shelf queened Rustler VXL. It's a bit of a project but I have spent ALOT of time putting this together and gathering all the parts for it. It started as a bone stock rustler VXL. Very first thing to go on the truck was big bore shocks. 2nd I added the EXT chassis kit which makes it a full inch longer. The body is a bit beat up and doesn't quite fit but I can include it if you want. After that I added the extended length A-arms, front and rear, which also makes it an inch wider. Lastly it was the front and rear shock towers, front bulk, servo mounting tray, front castor blocks, and the Slash 4x4 tires and wheels. I also added some longer screws in most of the locations so I could use nylock nuts to make sure nothing comes loose. The shocks were used a bit on the stock rustler xvl, and with the wider dimensions of the suspension, they could probably use some thicker shock oil/stiffer springs. I did have a plexi-glass electronix tray mounted on here for testing the truck but I took it off as it looked crappy, so you'll want to cut one yourself. Pretty easy to do if you can get a flat piece of carbon fiber or another strong plastic. It does have a Traxxas Link 2.4 ghz RX installed so with a tray, battery, and link radio you would be bind and drive. Everything works and performs great. Right now it's geared for 45 with a 2-cell lipo, can change before shipping if you would like. After installing all the aluminum upgrades it doesn't have more then 5 hours total on it and that's probably over estimating it, also has never been wrecked or upside down. Wanting to trade for a futaba 3pk fasst setup for my baja 5b, maybe throw some cash in if a 4pk comes along. 100 percent positive feedback here and on ebay. Any questions feel free to ask or PM me. Take it easy guys.

Just decided I'm going to mount the original ESC tray back to the truck and will ziptie the waterproof RX box to the servo tray. Will post pic later.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

RX box and ESC Tray mounted
Old 10-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

ttt.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

ttt.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Found my radio tonight. Can install a new never used sr300 receiver and include a dx2.0 transmitter. Would also come with the mr3000 marine receiver I used in my baja. Any offers before she get's ebayed?