Novarossi Plus 28-7T

Old 03-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default Novarossi Plus 28-7T

Novarossi Plus 28-7T Engine for sale...

Brand new TKO Ceramics (front and rear) with @ 20-30 min of runtime on them. Blew the upper conrod bushing on it. It will need a P/S and a Conrod. Crank is in great shape with @ 2 gallons on it. Head and Case are in great shape as well. Sleeve is in good shape with a fresh pinch that has @ 3/4 gallon on it. So if you have a piston/conrod you will have a running engine in no time! Piston/Conrod not included....I'm keeping them as a souvenir ;-)

This engine is pretty darn near new at this point (at least the internals). I didn't replace the conrod on it's first pinch since I had only run @ 2-3 gallons through it and it was in great shape. The reason the upper bushing failed, was the weather. I tried firing it up on a VERY VERY cold morning (25 degrees or so) and while she fired up....I think the added stress from a fresh pinch and a REALLY cold morning just took out the bushing. It only ran for @ 20 seconds before it stalled with the failed bushing. No chunks went to the bottom end at all. They all went out the exhaust and some into the glow plug itself.

Priced to move...

SOLD!
shipped. I paid $45 just for the bearings! Trades Welcome!

Everything in this picture is included EXCEPT the clutch and flywheel. I have the piston and conrod as well, if you really want them I will part with them ;-)

More pics can be seen at: http://picasaweb.google.com/spouliot/NovarossiPlus287T#

Last edited by MotoGod; 03-02-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

So did the piston crack, break, score or deform in any way?
Old 03-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

The piston just has a little bit of scoring/pitting on the crown from the pieces of the upper bushing. Other than that it's in good shape. The only piece that got destroyed was the upper conrod bushing. If I replaced just the conrod....it would probably be good for quite awhile. If you are interested, I can get some better pics of the piston for you. I was going to keep it as a memento or my very first blown Nitro engine, but it's not a big deal either way.

Here are some pics. I was too close and they came out fuzzy, but you can get a general idea. All these pics were from AFTER the bushing came apart.

All the pics I took can be seen at: http://picasaweb.google.com/spouliot/NovarossiPlus287T#

Old 03-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

They are kind of difficult to see
Old 03-02-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

I concur, but you can at least see the piston is in one piece ;-) I'll snap a few tonight from a little further back for ya.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

SOLD!