R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Items: For Sale/Trade (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade-16/)
-   -   1/4 & 1/5 scales for sale (9 of them) but not sure what they are? HELP??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/368281-1-4-1-5-scales-sale-9-them-but-not-sure-what-they-help.html)

Neu_Racer 02-06-2010 08:25 PM

1/4 & 1/5 scales for sale (9 of them) but not sure what they are? HELP???

5 Attachment(s)
Long story short......I am a Craigslist junky and came across a guy selling an entire uhaul full of large scale vehicles, parts, bodies, boxes, etc. It was fairly cheap so thought I would pick it up and find out what I have. I know nothing about larger than 1/8 scales so here are some pics. Please tell me what they are, what they may be worth, and most importantly, who may want them.

I know nothing of the vehicles other than what I can see so please don't ask. 7 of them have engines, 2 are rollers. Also misc little cars thrown in, couple hardware boxes, small paint rack, a NIB Toys R Us 2-in-1 car and 4 helicopter frames in not great shape.

Per forum rules, I must have a price so I am saying $2500 for everything + postage. These will require commercial shipping because each one weighs 30+ pounds and make a Revo look tiny. I have access to a commercial shipper or you can use your own. No idea what it may cost and absolutely no shipping outside lower 48. And no trades. Open to offers, thoughts, opinions, and suggestions as long as its useful.

Thanks.

Neu_Racer 02-06-2010 08:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More pics

Neu_Racer 02-06-2010 08:28 PM

5 Attachment(s)
and more....

Neu_Racer 02-06-2010 08:30 PM

5 Attachment(s)
still going.

Neu_Racer 02-06-2010 08:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
last

Neu_Racer 02-06-2010 08:33 PM

I will be happy to break them up individually but would love to get rid of everything at once. Even better would love for someone to pick them up from my house in Shelton, WA 98584. I will not meet anywhere unless I have cash first as it would require me renting a truck to pack it.

If met locally I will accept trades for any 1/10 or 1/8 surface vehicles. No aircraft or boats.

timmig 02-06-2010 08:42 PM

I race FG Evo cars in 1/5 scale---unfortunately--it looks like you've got a lot of older toy type cars. None of those would compete with today's current race cars. They'd be fine for playing though-- and a single race car in 1/5 scale would run you $2500.00 for a basic sportsline car.
Good luck with your sale.
T

Neu_Racer 02-06-2010 08:45 PM

Thanks for the help. Any idea who may have made them? I do know they were originally purchased in Holland according to the person I got them from.
To be totally honest, these were purchased by a business partner who doesn't know much about R/C. He knows I buy/sell them and asked me to do something with them for 1/2 the total sale price. I don't really care what they fetch, I want them gone.

That is crazy, $2500 for a single car? :weird: Thanks again for the post.

snowman6869 02-07-2010 06:56 AM

Some look homemade with the weed eater engines and the weed eater fuel tanks.I have no clue about 1/5 scale though so sorry I cant help bro.

Neu_Racer 02-07-2010 07:52 PM

I am very open to offers on one or all of this stuff. Only time I will welcome an extreme lowball if you're serious. PLEASE GIVE ME MY GARAGE BACK BY TAKING THIS AWAY!!!!! :cry:

ohdeeuhm 02-07-2010 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by timmig (Post 6968042)
I race FG Evo cars in 1/5 scale---unfortunately--it looks like you've got a lot of older toy type cars. None of those would compete with today's current race cars. They'd be fine for playing though-- and a single race car in 1/5 scale would run you $2500.00 for a basic sportsline car.
Good luck with your sale.
T

Yeah, the FG cars are EXPENSIVE! Go look at dave's discount motors, you may see similar cars and whatnot. I actually have a few co-workers who are more into the 1/5 scale stuff so I'll pass a link to this thread around the office tomorrow. They may be interested or at least know more about them.

Neu_Racer 02-07-2010 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by ohdeeuhm (Post 6972231)
Yeah, the FG cars are EXPENSIVE! Go look at dave's discount motors, you may see similar cars and whatnot. I actually have a few co-workers who are more into the 1/5 scale stuff so I'll pass a link to this thread around the office tomorrow. They may be interested or at least know more about them.

I have a dealer account with DDM actually. They sell some great stuff. Thanks for passing it around. I honestly don't care what I get for this stuff. May come to the point one day where I pay someone to get rid of it! LOL

-TC5racer- 02-07-2010 08:23 PM

YGPM

dragonracing 02-07-2010 08:32 PM

i saw that sale on cg. thought about it. wife said no. kinda glad i didnt. hey take em all to the hobby show in monroe next weekend. www.nwmodelhobbyexpo.com might be a great place to unload some of them. i do see you have at least one fg. the black chassis with no motor and semiround flat bumper. thats a fg. i had one. look for the fg logos on some of the plastics. good luck.

RCNitroDude999 02-07-2010 09:03 PM

pm sent