Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
WTT: 21.5 and 17.5 for 8.5, 10.5, and so on >

WTT: 21.5 and 17.5 for 8.5, 10.5, and so on

WTT: 21.5 and 17.5 for 8.5, 10.5, and so on

Old 04-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default WTT: 21.5 and 17.5 for 8.5, 10.5, and so on

hello, i have 2 novak ribbed 21.5 motors with little use and a tekin 17.5 bl motor that i want to trade for any of the following novak brushless motors. all motors must be ribbed. 6.5 light, 8.5, 10.5, 13.5. if you want to do any trading just send me a pm and lmk what motor you want and what motor you have. i'll try to get pics up later.

Last edited by lil_man72; 04-10-2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: update
Old 04-10-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Give me a day or 2 I might have a 13.5 Novak trade for a 17.5
Old 04-10-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i have two novak 10.5's

One has the purple ring off of it, doesnt effect anything. Dont really care which one i trade but i would really like the 17.5 (its sensored correct?)
Old 04-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

i still have the tekin 17.5 for trade. it does have the rear plastic cut out so it would fit into a type r.

the only motors i'm looking for are a 6.5 light or another 13.5.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Charlie,

Ignoring the problem is not going to make it go away. You need to contact me and get this straightened out.

Scottrik
Old 04-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

do you have the picture of 17.5, lmk
Old 04-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Charlie,

Ignoring the problem is not going to make it go away. You need to contact me and get this straightened out.

Scottrik
ignoring what problem? i listed 2 novak 21.5's, and you wanted them. i never said they weren't crawler motors. i didn't even know novak made 2 different 21.5's until you sent me a pm. i bought the newer one here a while back asking for a 21.5 to run in vta. i looked on novak's website and the crawler motors are actually $10 more than any of there other motors. it sucks that you can't run them in your vta class but you should have asked me if they were crawler motors or not if you knew you couldn't use them. it's not my fault you can't use them.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lil_man72 View Post
ignoring what problem? i listed 2 novak 21.5's, and you wanted them. i never said they weren't crawler motors. i didn't even know novak made 2 different 21.5's until you sent me a pm. i bought the newer one here a while back asking for a 21.5 to run in vta. i looked on novak's website and the crawler motors are actually $10 more than any of there other motors. it sucks that you can't run them in your vta class but you should have asked me if they were crawler motors or not if you knew you couldn't use them. it's not my fault you can't use them.
NOT the game you want to play. I had no idea there was such a thing as a crawler motor--you knew they were crawler motors as they are clearly labeled ON THE SIDE YOU TURNED AWAY for the photo of both. Why would you NOT identify what was clearly written on them when you're listing a product (like pretty much everybody else does) unless you were trying to pull a fast one?

And "ignoring"...absolutely. I sent you messages on both e-mail AND pm Wednesday evening. The pm read receipt shows you read it early Thursday morning. You continued to maintain silence and hope I would just quietly "eat" these motors.

We need to exchange back. Period.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
NOT the game you want to play. I had no idea there was such a thing as a crawler motor--you knew they were crawler motors as they are clearly labeled ON THE SIDE YOU TURNED AWAY for the photo of both. Why would you NOT identify what was clearly written on them when you're listing a product (like pretty much everybody else does) unless you were trying to pull a fast one?

And "ignoring"...absolutely. I sent you messages on both e-mail AND pm Wednesday evening. The pm read receipt shows you read it early Thursday morning. You continued to maintain silence and hope I would just quietly "eat" these motors.

We need to exchange back. Period.
look dude, i took a pic to show the 21.5. you can clearly see in the pic the er on the end of crawler. i never said i didn't know they made a crawler motor. i said i didn't know novak made any other 21.5 than the crawler motor. i've never bought a new novak motor just like new ones. don't be mad at me be mad at yourself. besides i looked at the novak site to see for myself and the crawler motors sell for $10 more than any other novak motor. do you not think that if i knew that that i wouldn't have listed them as crawler motors. i listed them as 21.5's because that is what they are. i ran one in vta at our local track and had the other one as a spare.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Default pic of 21.5's and 17.5

here's the pic i sent you it was the only one i took of all the motors i had listed for sale or trade. you can clearly see the "er" coming around the newer motor. granted it doesn't say crawler, but if you know there are 2 different novak 21.5 motors it should have been enough for you to ask if it was a crawler or not. i didn't list 21.5 ss pro motors for sale i listed 21.5 novak brushless motors. that's what you got. you can leave me a negative if you want i'll do the same for you. i have never or will never try to scam anyone. trust me when i say this, if i had known that novak made 2 different 21.5's i would have listed exactly which type i had.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

As I've told you via pm--I had no idea there was a "Crawler" version.

You make all the more case for my suggestion--you say had you known the Crawler sold for more you'd certainly have listed it as such. My suggestion from the point I realized what had happened was that we trade back. That gives you the chance to list them and, perhaps, collect more or whatever.

As I also indicated--if this was an honest "didn't know I should have revealed that" then you should have absolutely zero problem trading back and we're back at square one.

Also, for those who DON'T know...aside from not being strictly legal for USVTA events (though most, if not all, clubs would certainly allow it as it has identical performance specs) the Crawler version motor will absolutely not function with the Novak Havoc esc's because instead of thermal shutdown electronics in the motor like "normal" Novak brushless motors the Crawler has some sort of diode that the Goat (brushless crawler esc) senses and triggers it into "crawl" mode (whatever the heck that is). Novak made the Havoc look for the temp shutdown sensor being intact because many racers are disabling these and it can easily damage the esc, especially the Havoc which does not have a fan and has a lighter heat sink. I learned all this Wednesday when I called Novak after I'd received these to see if there was a problem or if they'd work for us.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

And STILL good ol' Charlie will not address my suggestion that we make things right by trading back. His insistence that he is not responsible because:

a) he didn't say they were NOT Crawler motors, and

b) that seeing "er" should have instantly clued me in that they were Crawler motors when I had no clue there even WAS such a thing or you can bet your bottom dollar I'd have asked.

is ridiculous in the extreme, completely beside the point, and shows his true colors as a trader--neither forthcoming nor showing particular integrity.

I wonder how many possible words end in "er", yet I was supposed to latch right onto the fact they were the last two letters of "Crawler". Whatever. Yet with a product CLEARLY labeled "Crawler" when you hold it in your hands and he didn't specify it in his listing or in any subsequent communication. You can bet if it were anything he actually thought BENEFITTED his case (or price) it would have been called out in bold type. That would be like selling a Tekin RS and not specifying it's a "Pro", or (as he's currently doing) advertising a Losi JRXS and not specifying it is an 'R'...which he clearly does. Yet mysteriously he chooses not to (and there's the key...CHOOSES) read off the biggest label on the motor, and just as mysteriously the picture has the labels on BOTH motors turned to the back.

I've offered the benefit of the doubt, that he really didn't know there was a difference or more than one type, but his reliance upon demonstrably specious arguments to make this my fault and his continued refusal to simply swap back and put us both at square one makes it harder and harder to believe that story--and make it look more and more like he palmed these off hoping someone wouldn't figure it out.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

WOW. That is a bunch of bull, man up and say you were in the wrong and send the guy back his motor. Just cause you thought you could get away with scamming him isn't cool. Do the right thing or Karma will come back and get you and hopefully it does!! My .02!
Old 04-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i second that!
Old 04-21-2009, 04:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default Motor

At least I learned something new today. I didn't know they made a crawler either. I don't understand why a guy wouldn't want to make it right by trading back unless it was intentional to unload the motors he could not use.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service