Wiki Posts
Search

Buyers Beware! RC Lover Scammed me

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Exclamation Buyers Beware! RC Lover Scammed me

Just wanted to give people the heads up on RC Lover. Bought 2 cases of sidewinder fuel from him he had posted here. Paid him 45.00 hazmat shipping on top of the 100.00 for the fuel. After weeks gone by and no fuel and plenty reasons why I filed PP claim. He finally shipped it and I was waiting it's arrival. Didn't show up although it was in town. Closed PP claim. Went to the post office to pick up the box and found out there was 27.00 postage due. Wasn't going to send it back and be out everything so I paid it. Got home and 3 quarts are also missing! He said he would send a refund but that's been over a week now. Called but now I get the voice mail and he refused PP request for money I sent him. He had good feedback but something happened. Be cautious in dealing with him. His name is Abdul Ali Muhammad and lives in Raleigh, NC. Will be pursuing this further since I have his addy on the shipping label.

Last edited by 2fst2c; 03-02-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

always some idiot out to screw someone over!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Brian, I'm sorry to hear about this...

I would suggest you remove your return address from tat packaging label. You don't need your address open for the entire internet to read on here...

Good luck!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. there's always someone out there to screw it up for everyone.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
Brian, I'm sorry to hear about this...

I would suggest you remove your return address from tat packaging label. You don't need your address open for the entire internet to read on here...

Good luck!

I was thinking the same. Sorry to hear that man.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

open another claim on paypal, for $27+ whatever the extra shipping + the cost of the missing fuel. If paypal does not resolve the matter then call your creditcard company and cancel the transaction, they would refund your money back in the account and paypal would make damn sure to get their money from that bozo.
Old 03-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

paypal will only refund ya if the guy has money in his account,not his bank account his paypal account,i have been ripped off to on onother site sucks man ,
sorry to hear .....
call paypal on the phone
Old 03-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the heads up on the shipping info. But it's my works address so it should be ok. I have things shipped to my work for that reason. I'm working with PP now and also contacted the Attorney Generals office and local authorities to deal with this. It's not a bunch of money but it's the principle of it all.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Okay good. It did look like a work address

Paypal I think will not cover situations UNLESS they happen through eBay. There have been a lot of stupid people like this guy (seller, not you 2fst2c ) who rip people off and paypal has to resolve the issue.

I'd like to think this guy has some personal problems going on, but even so I wish he'd just contact you and say that there is something up. I'd hate to see a guy with a good reputation to go down the tubes cause he is being irresponsible with business.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mooshu Beef
Okay good. It did look like a work address

Paypal I think will not cover situations UNLESS they happen through eBay. There have been a lot of stupid people like this guy (seller, not you 2fst2c ) who rip people off and paypal has to resolve the issue.

I'd like to think this guy has some personal problems going on, but even so I wish he'd just contact you and say that there is something up. I'd hate to see a guy with a good reputation to go down the tubes cause he is being irresponsible with business.
Yes, paypal will review the case and make a decision on it. It is much easier going through Ebay though. I called him earlier tonight before posting this and he answered. Said he had the cable guy there and would call me back. No call back. I get voice mail now and he's refusing email and PM's. So he is just screwing me and knows it. It is a shame someone with good feedback can turn assclown overnight.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

2fst,

I'm sorry to hear that. I thought you had this fuel thing resolved. I thought I saw rclover's posts here. I'll let you know if I see anything recent.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

what a bummer ...unfortunately ,paypal will not refund your $$ unless he has $$ in his account or you bought the stuff from him on ebay ...i just got scammed on another forum for $200 & only got $17 back because that was all he had in his account ...
its just getting worse & worse everyday with scammers & scum bags .....
i wish you the best & hope you get this resolved .
Old 03-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I'm in Raleigh. Maybe I should go pay him a visit for you? I think I know right where that address is as well.....

Hmmmm......
Old 03-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

excuse my language but o my fu*kin god i hate ppl like him who scam ppl for a good feeling and to piss ppl off for a living if i find him he will get a piece of my mindi will post a thred in "trader feedback" just to help a fellow rc lover out. if i get any info on him i will let u kno as soon as i get it
Old 03-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 88dechmustang
paypal will only refund ya if the guy has money in his account,not his bank account his paypal account,i have been ripped off to on onother site sucks man ,
sorry to hear .....
call paypal on the phone
yah right, it happen to me before...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.