OS 21 VZB V-spec $25.00

Old 12-17-2008, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default OS 21 VZB V-spec $25.00

I haven't run this motor. It looks to be in good shape though. I just bought it here for $50.00. The backplate screws were stripped out, and that's where the problems started. The head cracked off one of the backplate screws and I can't seem to get the stud out. The backplate did come off just fine though. It also needed a new carb thermal bushing. I ordered one and it cost me $15.00, but it isn't here yet. I'll include it for an additional $10.00

The head is really clean, no scratches or bent fins. The case just needs to be fixed or replaced. This would be a good motor as a backup for parts. $25.00 + $5.00 shipping

Last edited by Mr. Thingdoer; 12-17-2008 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Update with better description
Old 12-17-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)

sent PM
Old 12-17-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

more PM
Old 12-17-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)

OK so you edited the discription after I sent Pm,,, so you actually dont even know forsure if the piston and sleeve are good or anything else in the motor plus another 10 for the thermal sleeve!! Plus a block! Ok next guy this is all yours! Screws are stripped out for a reason as I'm guessing someone was taking it apart for something wrong... and created more damage by stripping those screws
Old 12-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Adept

I don't know about you, but I take my motors apart after each race weekend, not just when somethings wrong.

I updated the description to be as accurate as possible. I didn't want there to be any surprises. I'd like whoever buys this to get exactly what was described and that's why I TOLD YOU TO CHECK THE LISTING AGAIN after I updated it.

The only problem with it is the case. The carb sleeve (round little plastic shim) is also worn, but I ordered a new one from OS. I paid $18.40 YESTERDAY after tax and shipping.

I bought this motor used last week for double what I'm asking. I take all my used motors apart before I run them. This one just so happened to have stripped backplate screws. I used a screw extractor to remove the screws on the backplate. I was successful on 3 of the 4 screws. The 4th screws head fell off and the backplate has been removed without damage. The internals all appear to be fine. I was going to build this motor for my Xray, but bought a P5X instead

Originally Posted by jldjlaudio
OK so you edited the discription after I sent Pm,,, so you actually dont even know forsure if the piston and sleeve are good or anything else in the motor plus another 10 for the thermal sleeve!! Plus a block! Ok next guy this is all yours! Screws are stripped out for a reason as I'm guessing someone was taking it apart for something wrong... and created more damage by stripping those screws
Old 12-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Adept

Do you have a pic of it?
Old 12-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

I'll take some detailed pics when I get home.

Originally Posted by Revo-daddy
Do you have a pic of it?
Old 12-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Adept

SOLD