I think i got scam

Old 12-17-2008, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr. Thingdoer
I know Joey from my local track. I don't think he's the type to pull a fast one on you. I'll see if I can get him to chime in.
ok thankz, like i said, i send a couple of message about the item and shipping info. but no respond and no item untill today, i tol him that i will do some action but he ignore me, so lmk, i appreciate
Old 12-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jutaime00
ok thankz, like i said, i send a couple of message about the item and shipping info. but no respond and no item untill today, i tol him that i will do some action but he ignore me, so lmk, i appreciate

Are you saying you got the item today?
Old 12-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
Are you saying you got the item today?
no, i said i never got the item,
Old 12-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got scammed on an Xbox 360 on ebay once. Paid via Paypal. The way i got Paypal to side with me was to send them screenshots of my e-mails to him and the ad. They sided with me even though there was a tracking number.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

sending a tracking number to a buyer doesnt mean paypal will side with the seller. i can make up a tracking number. Paypal will check the tracking number and see if it was even delivered. thats why they say Signature Delivery is recommended. if i hasnt been signed for by someone at the address, then the item is considered lost, and paypal should go with the buyer as he has no item and no proof it was ever sent.

as a seller, i ship usps priority with sig confirmation. they dont sign it comes back, wrong person signs at same address, it shows it was delivered to the paypal address, and i keep my money from the sale.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
1 other shipping complaint in the same for-sale thread....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...k-rb-mods.html
this is the same thread, if you check the M11 radio, there's 2 receivers, im the one who bought the micro receiver, and if you check this thread i post that the payment send for micro receiver
Old 12-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

OK...if you are using PAYPAL, are you using your CREDIT CARD (VISA MASTERCARD or whatever) via PAYPAL?

I ALWAYS use the credit card to pay paypal......1st thing you do, call you credit card company and have them to REFUND that amount....THATS IT.

Your credit card company will ask you couple questions, as long as you are not scamming credit card company or the seller...they are ON YOUR SIDE.

PAYPAL is NOT (NEVER) on your side...they will keep doing their paper search, email forwarding, this and that...untill like 90 days later and telling you they CANNOT refund your money and nothing they can do...

Happened to me 2 times...2 weeks later never sees my item, 1 phone call to CC company, backcharge my credit, the conversation no more then 10 minutes, 1 phone call to CC only....problem solved. Never even try to call paypal or ebay cause they are USELESS.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jqtopa
1st not everyone here speak great english or for that matter and english teacher to speak or write perfectly. if you dont understand simply ask them to clarify themselves or dont help

2nd he already posted he never got a tracking number

also i thought after 45 days you cant file a claim with paypal hope you filed one already

not trying to break anyones chops just simply stating a point
thankz sir, yes i already file a dispute,
Old 12-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (99%+)

+1 on this and even if paypal side with they can only get your money if there are funds available so either way you get the shaft and paypal says theres nothing they can do.

by going through your credit card company it now forces paypal to take further action because they are the ones that get stuck without money
Old 12-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Solara
OK...if you are using PAYPAL, are you using your CREDIT CARD (VISA MASTERCARD or whatever) via PAYPAL?

I ALWAYS use the credit card to pay paypal......1st thing you do, call you credit card company and have them to REFUND that amount....THATS IT.

Your credit card company will ask you couple questions, as long as you are not scamming credit card company or the seller...they are ON YOUR SIDE.

PAYPAL is NOT (NEVER) on your side...they will keep doing their paper search, email forwarding, this and that...untill like 90 days later and telling you they CANNOT refund your money and nothing they can do...

Happened to me 2 times...2 weeks later never sees my item, 1 phone call to CC company, backcharge my credit, the conversation no more then 10 minutes, 1 phone call to CC only....problem solved. Never even try to call paypal or ebay cause they are USELESS.

thanks for the info.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Always look at the trader rating, the amount of posts, and how long they been on these forums. I've never been scamed but there's always the first time. If someone has very little info on their profile, stay away. I rather buy at my LHS or on ebay with someone with 100% feedback like mine. Why does he have 100% feedback?

Last edited by desertraton; 12-17-2008 at 10:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sfkilo
I don't think he got the car.
However I think he needs to spend some time putting together a concise & properly structured sentience. Thant way we can determine what has actually happened.
We also need all the details including payment method, and the deal thread link.
and perhaps you shouldn't criticize somebodies structure until you pass 4th grade spelling.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

[QUOTE=mike williams;5177347]if you paid via paypal, after 30 days you can report it to them and they will take all the info and make a desicion to refund your money or not. he will have to plead his case or they will just refund you. thats the way i would go.!QUOTE]

I went through a disput with another member regarding shipment. He refused to responsed on several ocassions since the package wasn't received after a month. I filled a dispute with Paypal who sided with me but they siad that they could not refund me the money because he did not have any in his account. So I went through my credit card (PPL Linked) company and faxed all the info to them. they investiageted and I have my money money back in my account within a week. All the best on you adventure with this knob.

Good luck
Old 12-17-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I once won a complaint against a seller, and funds were not available to give my refund. After waiting a month or so, I emailed paypal and they gave me a "courtesy" refund without the seller ever having the funds.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm currently at work and don't have much time to defend myself right now. But I would like to take time to point out that I don't not scam anybody. As you have read from some past post I had some shipping issues. Everybody has gotten there items or was refunded asap. If you have not please contact Pay-Pal or me by e-mail. I am on 5-6 web forums and unable to check my PMs every time I log in. I also always state to e-mail me in all my for sale adds. I personally guarantee my work and everybody is satisfied in the end. I apologize that you may have not received your item/items but I would hope the refund was good as well.

E-mail address: [email protected]