Wiki Posts
Search

[FS] CE Turbo GFX and Checkpoint TC1030 Chargers

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Exclamation [FS] CE Turbo GFX and Checkpoint TC1030 Chargers

I'm reducing the stuff in the shop and these two need to go.

Both are 100% functional and have been used with a 23a CE power supply.

Competition Electronics Turbo GFX Charger
Non-Lipo, firmware version 1.50, super clean GFX charger but a leaky can of Paragon was set on top and it "etched" the top slightly. It's been touched up and polished clean, so it's barely noticeable, but it would be a great candidate for a custom wrap if you are really picky. No manual (PDF available on CE website) or original box. One of, if not THE best charger on the market. LiPo upgradeable from CE directly for $50... $155 shipped, PayPal only

Checkpoint TC1030 Charger
Does LiPos, NiMh and NiCd cells. This is the hopped up ICE with the backlight, heavy discharge and 2C capability. This charger has been a LiPo workhorse for me, and has performed flawlessly. Of note, I was discharging a 6-cell NiMh pack at 30-amps and it began to run the fans on high and develop a burning epoxy smell. Knowing of the recall issues with the discharge feature, I yanked it off immediately. The discharge feature and the rest of the charger still works perfectly, but after testing it again, I have not since discharged NiMh packs on it. I have used it 100% since for charging of NiMh and LiPo and forgo the discharge feature. Again, it all works perfectly, but I know that it should probably be sent back to Great Plains/Checkpoint for a new replacement (no charge). They are aware of the issue and are taking care of it for customers. It's a great chance to get a brand new charger for a LOT less than they sell for.

It has custom made 12-gauge 18" battery leads with alligator clips, as the factory ones are too short to be usable. Original display protective film is even still on the display face. It will come with all original paperwork, packaging, leads and even a product service/return form should you choose to use it... $100 shipped, PayPal only

PM here or AIM/Yahoo: upon3 for first rights.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Deal pending on GFX charger... TC1030 is SOLD.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Both chargers are SOLD. Thanks