Anybody know "diesel16"

Old 06-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default rocketrob40

rocketrob?alful lot of posts but no trades?bored?so you needed to comment?randt reed knows the truth and thet's what matters!
Old 06-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why yes, it was my first post and thanks for noticing. And now for the second post! (no sarcasm intended)

I found this thread to be rather interesting and didn't think it would be harmful to post my opinion and observations. I apologize if it offended anyone and did not intend for it to sound fishy in any way. I don't know any of you from Adam and so I'm not particularly biased. I come here for the RC aspect, but this thread has taken a drastically different tack. Normally I lurk, gleaning information from others posts, but this one got me hooked and, perhaps against my better judgment, I added to it. I only posted what I hoped would be an objective 3rd party opinion based on what had been posted thus far.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone with my first post or what was said in it, as it was not my intention.

Perhaps I'll stick to lurking.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This IS an interesting thread!

RocketRob, while I'll agree that r/c girl and diesel16 are the same person (in fact, I would put money on it), I would also make a fairly large wager that TimBob and diesel16 are NOT the same person.

No offense intended, but I don't believe diesel could put together a response as well structured, with proper grammar and punctuation, as TimBob did if he had a week. There are some people who understand the proper use of English, with paragraphs and sentence structure, and some people who slept through that part of English class.

I really don't mean to offend with this statement; my wife is very intelligent, but couldn't spell if her life depended on it!

Either way, I hope this situation resolves itself in a positive manner. As TimBob stated, why doesn't everyone stand down until the situation resolves itself one way or another. Everyone's petty jabs and accusations aren't doing anything to help resolve it. If diesel initiated the trade to rip someone off, people talking trash to him isn't going to change that. If he isn't intending to rip anyone off, the accusations and personal attacks could certainly change his mind and steer him in that direction.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:01 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by diesel16 View Post
rocketrob?alful lot of posts but no trades?bored?so you needed to comment?randt reed knows the truth and thet's what matters!
diesel - awful lot of trades for so few posts. bored, or do you just use this site to facilitate bad trades? I think you're the reason some of us don't use the for sale/trade section
Old 06-22-2008, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Feed back for me says it all!thanks.I was taught kill people with kindness.so why get mad?why keep this post alive?
Old 06-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Suspended

why keep this post alive?
I think you're doing a fine job of that yourself
Old 06-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TimBob View Post
This is all based on assumptions, mistakes and guesses. What has happened here is very unfortunate, but it would appear that it should work out. I'm sure everyone would like to know the final outcome, myself included.

1. It was possibly a mistake on diesel's part that he did not reply sooner, which leads to:
2. Randy wants some info to see if he's gettin' stuck where he don't want it so he posts here, then to:
3. Assumptions, guesses, innuendo, etc, etc, by all which led to:
4. Reply by diesel, and a reply by a recently joined rcgirl which leads to:
5. Accusation that rcgirl is diesel.

1. He should have replied, HOWEVER!!!!!!!!! If my wife and/or child were as seriously ill as diesel says, ALL BETS ARE OFF. FAMILY FIRST!!!!!!! There is no question about this and if you disagree, then you don't have family and can't judge. I would have made serious amends and done some suckholing to make up for it when the crisis had passed. It appears that, while offended, diesel has done this to a certain degree, though maybe not to everyone's satisfaction.
2. Randy was totally legitimate in what he did. I'd have done the exact same, maybe even more aggressively.
3. The escalation here is normal. It's completely wrong, but normal. Problem with the net is it is far too impersonal and impossible to convey your true feelings, even with emoticons(sarcasm intended). Way to easy to jump on the bandwagon and join a witch burning.
4. Diesel replied. Maybe he discovered his infamy too late. I've been on boards and not known I had a PM because I didn't pay attention. I've also been in a bit of a crisis and my computer was a temporary refuge from the stress.
5. I've seen plenty of folks type like diesel and rcgirl. Doesn't mean a thing. So she decides to jump in to defend him -- good for her. If it is diesel, shame on him. But if all this works out in the end, who cares.

Ultimately, shouldn't this be allowed to work itself out and then a final posting be made? Only then can the whole story be concluded and assessed.

Just my horribly rambling 2 cents.

I agree. If something is seriously wrong with my home life that comes first. This still don't change the fact that he logged on and made posts and neglected to answer this guys PM's he sent. How serious is the situation if you can log and post messages but not answer PM's? I would say its not and you're avoiding what you should be trying to make right.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

my brother logged on here using my account looking for a couple of things.thanks for your input.again randy has confirmation since thursday truck was shipped.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

my brother logged on here using my account looking for a couple of things.thanks for your input.again randy has confirmation since thursday truck was shipped.
Good, about time you held up your end of the deal.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

what ever get a life!family more important than you assholes
Old 06-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

As mentioned above. I said I agree. I however disagree with people trying to rip everyone off. I would guess if this thread was never made. You wouldn't have shipped anything.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

ck my feed back here and ebay.it is a shame internet so impersonal.like to meet some of you guys hiding behind computers.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I hope everything is alright with your family. Based on your + feedback on here and Ebay I'm pretty sure you are telling the truth but you should have just appoligized and moved on. You really can't blame the OP for getting worried about being ripped off... Anyway I'm glad this transaction worked out in the end
Old 06-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

ck my feed back here and ebay.it is a shame internet so impersonal.like to meet some of you guys hiding behind computers.
Feedback no longer matters after seeing how you handle yourself on here. By the way, if you call me replying on a online forum as "hiding", let me know when your in west MI. I'm not shy.

Good luck with your future "trades".
Old 06-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

once again called family read all the thread.hope you never have a wife with high risk pregnancy!i would never wish it on anyone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.