Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
Questions on not recieving items! >

Questions on not recieving items!

Questions on not recieving items!

Old 06-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Questions on not recieving items!

I sent a guy paypal for 2 6 cell's 9 days ago and have not recieved them. I emailed and pmed him several times with no reply. How long should I wait to contact paypal about it? Also this is my first time using paypal with rctech and my fear of doing it has come true. I looked at his 15 rating and feedbacks seemed all good. I guess a bad apple. If it was kosher he would at least pm me back to let me know about shipping. I asked him the first day after payment to pm me with the shipping info and got no reply, thought that was fishy. What should I do?

Last edited by PADIRTLMJUNKIE; 06-10-2008 at 01:52 PM. Reason: add on
Old 06-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default wait

Paypal is going to make you wait at least 30 days before filing a claim.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

email paypal.sometimes they listen if it's a item not recieved.they will contact seller and ask proof of shipment.i do alot on ebay and had it happen to me more than once!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The guy you bought from looks like a honest seller and he was on yesterday it seems, you are talking about "StadiumChris" I rekon but dont be so quick to file a claim as some people just arent online much. Try to go through people he knows and get a hold of him. I doubt he wants to ruin his rep on a couple of batteries.
Josh
Old 06-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Understand that if the package was sent Parcel Post or UPS then 9 calendar days is NOT especially long. 7-10 BUSINESS days is not at all uncommon which, depending on how weekends hit, can end up being 14 calendar days.

Yeah it sucks that he hasn't responded--shame on the seller if he's been ignoring you--but there are sometimes legitimate reasons for not contacting. Many people are heading out on first trips of summer, etc and may not have access (and/or desire) to the internet, etc.

Now is FAR too soon to be a) panicing or b) contemplating PayPal action. Give it another week (at least through the end of this week) THEN start looking into possible actions. Your window at PayPal is either 30 or 45 days (I think the later) from date of payment so you've got PLENTY of time from that regard.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've had things take longer than that and still got them with that much feedback i would stay positive you may still get it and I've dealt with people that just won't return pms after the deal is made don't know why but I've always recieved everything .. I know I didn't really answer your ? but maybe he took his time with getting it shipped 9 days isn't that long .... just my 2 cents .. but I guess there is know harm in starting the process with paypal ....
Old 06-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Understand that if the package was sent Parcel Post or UPS then 9 calendar days is NOT especially long. 7-10 BUSINESS days is not at all uncommon which, depending on how weekends hit, can end up being 14 calendar days.

Yeah it sucks that he hasn't responded--shame on the seller if he's been ignoring you--but there are sometimes legitimate reasons for not contacting. Many people are heading out on first trips of summer, etc and may not have access (and/or desire) to the internet, etc.

Now is FAR too soon to be a) panicing or b) contemplating PayPal action. Give it another week (at least through the end of this week) THEN start looking into possible actions. Your window at PayPal is either 30 or 45 days (I think the later) from date of payment so you've got PLENTY of time from that regard.

+1 yeah parcel post usps is a crap shoot sometimes, I waited 2 weeks for a package that was mailed in the same state and he "did" actually send it 2 weeks earlier. Best thing to do is ask for priority shipping next time you do a deal. They dont call it snail mail for nothin.

Josh