Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/8 scale sonic F/S like new

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Default 1/8 scale sonic F/S like new

.ok i got a 1/8 SCALE GS SONIC it is like new ,it looks like a serpent vector even taked the same body ,, i have only had about a quart of fuel in it ,, the motor is a GS R ,, race motor ,, with lots of compression ,,and has a ofter market pipe polished,, like new ,,, the tires are like new and they are the quick release, for fast tire cheages, and the servos are for steering is a hitec,, HS645-MG ,, and for throttle/brake is a
hitec HS300 ,, and it comes with a FM XXL receiver ,, but i don't know if my crystal was bad or the receiver is going bad but there is a bad glitching problem ONLY when the car is running ,,
the battary pack is a 5 cell MIMH ,,, and theres a battary indicator on it that works good ,,
i got over 700 into the car and i'm only looking to get
$ 450 OBO shipped for it i'll have pic tomorrow ,the only trades i will consitter are for a MBX-4 RR, OR XR WORKS buggy ,, i'm just going to stick with buggys now , please let me know
if you are interested thanks jon

[email protected]

heres a little info on it

The Fast Track to 1/8 Scale On-Road Action. GS Racing’s 1/8 Sonic 4WD On-Road ARR with .21 Engine
Until recently, the world of 1/8 scale 4/wd on-road racing was the domain of the “serious,” competitive racer, largely because the building and maintenance complexity of these kits is beyond the skill level of the novice. GS Racing, however, has set out to change all that with the introduction of the new 1/8 Sonic ARR (almost ready-to-run) 4WD On-Road racecar.

Preassembled precision

Just by opening the Sonic’s box, you are 80% done. All the really tricky stuff has been precisely assembled at the factory. The GS Power 21 R motor, complete with a tuned pipe, is already mounted on the stout T6 aluminum chassis and hooked up to the Sonic’s sophisticated 2-speed transmission. Serpent compatible wheels and tires that spin on precision ball bearings are already mounted on the oil-filled shock suspension. All that’s left to do is install radio equipment (FM is strongly recommended) and servos, hook up the included fuel tubing, cut and paint the killer Porsche 962 body that comes with the kit, and break in the motor.

Fun to run

Because the Sonic ARR is designed primarily as a Sunday fun machine, it’s extremely entertaining and easy to drive. The 3-port GS .21 engine produces more than enough power to put a grin on any one’s face and the belt-driven 4WD helps keep everything “hooked up” nicely. Its efficient tuned pipe does a good job of keeping the noise levels down so you can run it around the neighborhood without ruffling too many feathers. The camber, caster, toe-in, and width can all be adjusted to fine-tune the Sonic’s handling.

When you’re ready to spice things up even more, GS has upgrade parts like different shocks, chassis upgrades, and even a higher performance 2-speed tranny. For more power, GS recommends swapping the stock pipe for any of the numerous after-market pipes available for .21-size engines that can substantially increase motor output.

All in all, we find the Sonic to be a fast and fun way to take that step up to the exciting and challenging world of 1/8 scale on-road. We’re certain that once word gets out about just how easy it is to get the Sonic up and running, you’re going to start seeing a lot of these zipping around the local track.