Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade

Old 01-17-2008, 09:47 PM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Bump..
Old 01-18-2008, 03:41 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ill paypal you 90.00 shipped to IL right now for it.
milenko_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #18
Tech Lord

A few more requested photo's

Old 02-04-2008, 04:09 PM   #19
Tech Rookie

Default I want your F201

Oasis , I am VERY interested in your F201 car. Please email me if you still have it and we can try to set something up. [email protected]

Dave
toypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:18 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

I don't like the idea of doing a money order. Sorry. But as soon as you get a PayPal account set up, I would be more than willing to purchase your car. Or we could use google checkout if you would like to do that. Just shoot me a PM and we can hopefully figure this out. I really want that car, but I have heard too many horror stories on money orders. Not to mention, I have gotten burned for $380 through a money order.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 02-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheimb4897 View Post
I don't like the idea of doing a money order. Sorry. But as soon as you get a PayPal account set up, I would be more than willing to purchase your car. Or we could use google checkout if you would like to do that. Just shoot me a PM and we can hopefully figure this out. I really want that car, but I have heard too many horror stories on money orders. Not to mention, I have gotten burned for $380 through a money order.
In fairness...a POSTAL money order provides more in the way of real buyer protection than PayPal does for non-eBay transactions. As far as PayPal is concerned re: transactions made here if the buyer sends you ANYTHING (half your order, a box of sand, whatever) PayPal is out of it. You can enter a PayPal "complaint" but the minute you try to upgrade that complaint to a "claim" it is INSTANTLY denied. All that is reviewed (and after having this happen I called PayPal and had it explained) is their system looks at your complaint...if the boxes "outside e-Bay" and "item received--not as described" are both checked it automatically rejects the claim.

If someone cashes a POSTAL money order (NOT Western Union, NOT 7-11, NOT from your bank, NOT issued by some kid down the street) and fails to materially live up to the agreement they are in some fairly serious potential danger...kinda Federal charges under mail fraud sort of trouble. It takes a LONG time for the Post Office to react, but generally you'll get your money back OR get your merchandise unless the seller can show proof of mailing.

I use PayPal almost exclusively, mostly for the convenience, but I go into it FULLY aware that it ain't overly secure. In the long run understand that a POSTAL (there's that emphasis again) money order has more security behind it than PayPal.

Plus I wouldn't hesitate to deal with Oasis regardless payment form. I'd probably send him cash and not worry about it.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #22
Tech Lord

Thanks Scott..I have been burned by pay pal..This is why I dont use them..My stance on getting burned..I understand your reservations but you need to check on who your dealing with..As far as me goes..I have been a member of this Board for 5 years..It's sorta my hang out..Why would I want to risk my reputation for $100..Their are a lot of guys that I race with that know me as "Oasis" (my old track and hobby shop name). So I do have a reputation to up hold, plus I have a moral obligation to deal with people the same way I want to be delt with. With that said if anyone I ever deal with does not like what I'm selling/trading I will refund/trade back no questions asked. Their are quite a few Guys here on RC Tech that I would deal with just as Scott said..I do keep a list of the good ones..and I would be on that list..
Old 04-08-2008, 12:54 PM   #23
Tech Rookie

Is this F201 still available?
If so let me know and I am interested in buying it.
Thanks,
MaShaun
mashaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #24
Tech Lord

yes it is..
Old 04-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ugpm
dwbjrb is offline   Reply With Quote