Team Losi Products Closout Sale >

Team Losi Products Closout Sale

Team Losi Products Closout Sale

Old 12-07-2001, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Team Losi Products Closout Sale

Hi All,

As most people in the R/C business know, Team Losi sold out to Horizon. This resulted in a lot of legitimate R/C dealers like myself being cut off of our ability to get Team Losi products. Since my R/C business is the trackside, full-services and Internet shopping based type without a full-time commercial hobby shop location, Horizon will not do business with me. All the other things I have done to support the R/C hobby and its activities in my area are of no value to theses hi-volume, big-business only type people, I guess.

As a result, I am putting up a closeout sale of all my Team Losi merchandise including my own models. All new products will be sold at my delivered cost or below. We need to liquidate the products to make room for other excellent mechandise from all those other manufacturers that have not sold-the-farm to a big all-powerful distributor like Horizon who seen to think they should have total control over my favorite hobby, Remote Control Modeling.

I have not finished setting up the item on hand yet, but will ASAP. Thanks for you support.

Site address www.krcproducts.com
Old 12-08-2001, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Kevin,
You just stated what I have witnessed and stated for YEARS! Yes....since I got into the hobby....87/88.....Horizon has been the same way.

Ask yourself this.....has Horizon EVER sponsored a race? I may be wrong, but I have never heard of it yet.

They have a minimum dollar order amount too......how many small hobby shops can afford 10 grand for an order?
Old 12-08-2001, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

acloco, I agree with you but a 10 grand min. order? its not that high, I work at a hobby shop and alot of our orders to horizon are well under $1000.00
Old 12-08-2001, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Guys,

I am really not sure what Horizon would have expected from me as a minimum order, but I do know that they want at least $5000 of retail merchandise readily available to sell on hand at all times. Even that isn't a problem in my case.

What is a problem is requiring all dealers to have a store set up with a business sign on the outside being a separate building from one's home that this $5000 in merchandise can be set up on display in all cases. This makes it impossible for smaller cities of only 8000 people to have good local R/C hobby dealers.

To sum it all up, it is not fair to expect the the same things from someone trying to support local R/C activities and is doing everything they can to provide local products services in a smaller community, than can be expected from a shop in a more populated metropolitan area. In the same token, smaller cities don't deserve the opportity to have a local place where they can purchase quality R/C equipment any less that those in big cities do.

I have my opinions, I guess, right or wrong. I put up a little section of them on my new Team Losi Closeout page with this note: Why this R.I.P. Team Losi Sale? Click Here. If you want to see the section it refers to, see this link: www.krcproducts.com/team_losi/sale_notes.htm

If you bother to read that, let me know what you think.
Old 12-08-2001, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default Losi Closeout Sale!

Hey Kevin,
I need a few hub bearings for my losi XXX, but i didnt see any on your list that said only xx and and xx4. Woudl the like XX bearings work on the XXX hubs?

As Far As Some Items i'd be intrested in:

- XXX Rear Wheels, Yellow, Losi

- 88Tooth Spur, Dual Disc (this is the correct one for a Losi XXX?)
I'd take both 88tooth slippers.

- What is the V Buggy Wing Kit?

- What are the wing buttons? The big long, body clip?

- Bearing Spaxer & Axle Washer Set, WOudl this work for losi XXX? I will have too see how bad my are worn out.

Sorry for all the questions, i really dont know what the things are without seeing them.

Oh, and are there any other XXX parts, or Hop Ups, that you dont have on the list or that i missed? I need a gear cover is one th ing.

Thanks,
RubbyT

Last edited by RubbyT; 12-08-2001 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2001, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Man that is a bummer. You would think during a recession Horizon would would be smarter and have a broader approach to their sales audience. I've never actually seen a "track side" reseller, mostly because my racing experiance is limited, but it seems like a great idea for those tracks with out a reseller on premises. I can understand their wanting a reseller to carry one of every part for the cars they support but eliminating a sales channel altogether? Unless I am missing something, it seems like a stupid move on their part. It may also explain why I only know two people in person who actually own Losi products any more.

Last edited by HauntedMyst; 12-08-2001 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-08-2001, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Rubby T and HauntedMyst,

First I need to tell you that I don't have much in parts for the XXX series Losi vehicles unless it is a part that was also used in the XX series. I brought in a XXX Buggy and a XXXT Truck shortly before Team Losi sold-out to Horizon and everyone that was not with Horizon, got cut-off, so I didn't get to stock any parts for those XXX's. I still have that XXX Buggy up on sale now for only $174.99, but the XXT Truck was bought by a kid only a block from my house.

About that XXXT Truck, now that is a major bummer in itself. I built it for this kid myself. He had a used Traxxas Rustler that was nothing but trouble and I advised him and his folks to get a new XXXT and put all his gear in that. All was fine until a bit before I closed down my track for this 2001 Off-Road season, The Diff screw loosened up on him and, as most inexperienced kids, didn't stop to fix it before the diff balls heated up wrecking the gear. Right now, it still sits in a box downstairs because, as his hobby dealer I cannot get any parts for this truck I sold him! I told him he will need to mail order a part from Stormers or somewhere that still sells Team Losi before I can put it back togather again. I don't need to tell you how I feel about this!!!

Rubby T
I am goint to shoot this post out and will answer your questions on the next. I noticed someone else has posted to this thread aready by my email and am trying not to make my posts to long. I tend to ramble on a bit I guess!

Last edited by Kevin; 12-08-2001 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-08-2001, 10:01 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Rubby T,

I will try to answer you question as best I can. Also, I noticed the price on at least a couple of the parts listed shows "00.0" OOPS! This does not mean they are free. I just forgot to enter the prices in my Quickbooks Pro program and when I did that report in Excel format, forgot to fix them. The cost prices are roughly 55% of the retail value listed by Losi for the parts.

1) I do still have one set of XXX Yellow Buggy Rims in stock.

2) The 88 Tooth Spur Gears should be the right gears for you XXX.

3) The V-Wing is pretty much a universal Lexan Buggy Wing that has a slight "V" shape to it looking at it as it would be sitting on a buggy from the front. It should look good on any tenth scale buggy.

4) The LOSA-8120 Wing Buttons are the blue anodized aluminum ones as used to secure the Wing to the Wing Wire of a buggy. They came stock withe the XXcr Kinwald Edition Buggy and use set screws that are included.

5) I can't honestly say for sure if the Axle Spacer Kits I have are the same as the ones used for the XXX's. The best thing to do would be to check to see what part number is listed for them in your manual.

If you have any more questions, please let me know. If you are wondering how you would make your purchase of these items from me without the normal "Submit" buttons I use. After you figure out exactly what your order will be, I will set up a private and temporary order list to allow you to make the purchase using our secure online credit card authorizing service and add any other products you like from our site if you wish. Unless you have a better idea.
Old 12-08-2001, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Hydramatic,
To get started with Horizon, it used to be a minimum 10G order.....then after that......IF.....you were ordering enough throughout the year......you could order the minimums.....otherwise.....you were on the probation list.

A rather weird way of doing business......but.....to each their own.

I will make this statement.......Horizon purchasing Losi....will be the demise of Losi.......and that is VERY unfortunate!!!
Old 12-08-2001, 10:58 PM
Tech Addict

Back to you HauntedMyst,

I knew it was going to be trouble for me right away when I first heard Team Losi was Selling-The-Farm to Horizon. Horizon has this policy of strict rules designed to protect the store-front hobby dealer from being run out of business by lack of sales because of the sprouting up of garage-type operations and such stealing away all their business. I can understand this completely and actually agree with it in most cases. But they push these policies way too far and cannot see any valid exceptions to their strict guidelines.

In my case, the nearest shop selling R/C models and equipment is 30 miles from my home and not even in this state. And no one there has near my R/C qualifications, nor do they have my shop, track and race management equipment. In our little city of 8000 people, I am the sole promoter of R/C. I am not stealing a significant amount of R/C business from anyone. What I am doing is creating R/C popularity, growth, activities and sales where there would otherwise be none. In my case, trying to block me out of the R/C business like Horizon is doing can only be damaging to the R/C industry. I hope they can someday see the light on this, but I won't be governed by their stupidity in the mean time.

To anyone from Horizon reading this thread, I have a message, I do not work for you and you do not have any control over my life. The only thing you are succeeding in doing by not working with me is loosing money. You will never be able to take away my hobby fun as long as there are still great companies out there like Associated, Novak, Integy, HPI and etc., etc... that don't sell out to you becoming your puppets like did Team Losi!

Last edited by Kevin; 12-08-2001 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-09-2001, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default Team Losi Clearout Sale!

I think i will pass on the, Wing Buttons and axle Spacers.

Sorry For all the questions!

But i did find some new stuff on the list that i need:

E-Clips

Slipper Pad for the Duoble Disc Type(Do these wear out offten)?

Foam Dust Covers

Would the XX RPM Molded Gear Cover work on the XXX Gear Cover?

Also What is the Losi Hardware Packs for CVDs?

Then still parts i would want from Before:

One 88tooth and One 84 Tooth Dual Disc Spur Gears.

Buggy Wing.

The Buggy Rims Yellow Rears

I will look through the list again and see if i see any more stuff i need.

Thanks,
RubbyT
Old 12-09-2001, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Hi RubbyT,

Looking at the XXX, I can see that it has a molded wing mount like the XX4 and the Buttons are not used. (No Wing Wire)

I still don't know about whether those axle spacers will work.

Extra "E" clips are always a good idea.

Slipper pads generally last pretty long. It doesn't hurt to have a couple of extra ones around though.

The XX RPM Gear covers won't work for the XXX. Also, there is an error in the listing there. The RPM7307 Gear covers actually only fit the onlder Pro-SE & LXT models.

The hardware pack is just that; a couple of axle nuts, pivot pins and set screws, roll pins and six axle spacers.

Once you are finished, I set up the purchase for you on my web shopping site. Let me know, thanks.

Last edited by Kevin; 12-09-2001 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-09-2001, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

RubbyT,

Just so you know, that LOSA-9941 axle spacer kit is also used in the XXX series models.
Old 12-09-2001, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default Losi Clearence.

I think i might need those, Also i need a Hib Bearings, my hub bearings are wrecked, they fell apart. Do you know if any of the ones you have will fit the XXX, rear hub bearings. What signs shoudl i check for on teh Bearing Spacers? If they move nicely on the axle?
Old 12-09-2001, 11:45 AM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey, I need this...

I m not sure if this is the part number...

its A-3098...

it's a thrust bearing....i need this one...do u have to have it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.