Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
Trinity P2k2 Pro motor w/ 2 pairs new 767 brushes! >

Trinity P2k2 Pro motor w/ 2 pairs new 767 brushes!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity P2k2 Pro motor w/ 2 pairs new 767 brushes!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default Trinity P2k2 Pro motor w/ 2 pairs new 767 brushes!

I have the following for sale:

Trinity P2k2 Pro motor with 2 pairs of new 767 brushes. I got this motor in and spun it up. Works fine. Don't need it as I don't do electric anymore.

Price: $13 shipped in 48 USA

Shipping includes delivery confirmation via USPS Standard Mail. If you want something faster that will be extra. I accept US Postal Money Orders and Paypal only. Paypal payments must be from a confirmed address, no exceptions. Money order payments are expected in 5 business days from agreement being reached for purchase. Insurance is extra and recommended as I am not responsible for items lost or damaged in the mail. I will only ship in the 48 USA. Local pickups are welcome. Due to the nature of the hobby, all items are sold as is, all sales final. I buy and sell regularly on here and on ebay so buy with confidence.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
I have the following for sale:

Trinity P2k2 Pro motor with 2 pairs of new 767 brushes. I got this motor in and spun it up. Works fine. Don't need it as I don't do electric anymore.

Price: $13 shipped in 48 USA

Shipping includes delivery confirmation via USPS Standard Mail. If you want something faster that will be extra. I accept US Postal Money Orders and Paypal only. Paypal payments must be from a confirmed address, no exceptions. Money order payments are expected in 5 business days from agreement being reached for purchase. Insurance is extra and recommended as I am not responsible for items lost or damaged in the mail. I will only ship in the 48 USA. Local pickups are welcome. Due to the nature of the hobby, all items are sold as is, all sales final. I buy and sell regularly on here and on ebay so buy with confidence.
bump for a deal
Old 02-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Legend

Item still available.
Old 02-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

PM sent.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Cain,
Received the motor today (Wednesday)! Don't know how the heck you got it here so fast considering that we did the deal last Thursday evening! Motor looks great, the comm doesn't even need a skim it's in such good shape. I'm going to just slap it in my car and race it this weekend! Thanks for the great deal, and super fast shipping. I'd buy from you again any day!
Mr.Maim
Old 02-08-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Legend

Mr. Maim: you are welcome. If you need any tuning tips let me know. If you have a sonic fiddlestick, try a setting of 7.0 + and 6.5- . You can also drill an #42 hole in the center of the brushes and use 1 drop of tribo on 1 brush and spread it around. When I ran stock, this really made a nice power difference.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

ill give u one dollar
Old 02-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Cain, thanks again.

1) I didn't know about the Sonic Fiddlestick until just now (looked it up and will order one from Team Br00d). By "7.0+ and 6.5-", you mean that the Positive brush's spring tension should be at 7.0 and the Negative brush's spring tension should be at 6.5, correct? Just need a clarification, this is all new to me.

2) What purpose does drilling the hole in the brushes serve? Wouldn't that reduce the surface area of the brush contacting the commutator? Could you explain that one for me please?

3) I looked up "tribo" but had no luck. Was that a typo, or is that some top-secret "You gotta be in the know to know" R/C vernacular for something? And what does it do?

I've only been in this hobby for about ten months now, so all of what you suggested is totally new to me. I'd like to learn if you've got the time!

Mr.Maim (soakin' up knowledge)
Old 02-10-2007, 04:20 AM
Tech Legend

Mr. Maim.

A few answers:

1. That is correct. I can't remember the exact settings that Big Jim recommended, but I found on previous P2k2s that for touring at least that was a good starting point. Make sure that you do check the tension as the brush wears and tweak it accordingly.

2. I don't know how exactly the science works, something about having more edges as big jim tried to explain it, I just went with it and it appeared to work well. The motor will run great too full faced, though better with serrations, it was just something I did before to get the most out of them after talking with the late Big Jim and it really worked great.

3. Tribo is a lubricant, give a search on ebay and it should pull up. You can also visit www.bigjimracing.com (i think that is right) and it should have info on tribo there. Big Jim recommended it, and I love the stuff. I think its selling on ebay for $5 shipped.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Awesome. Thanks!

#1 and #2 make sense, and I found TRIBOTECH LUBE at the site you reccomended.

Thanks again! Mr.Maim