Old 01-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris c
LOL sorry about that
That is okay
Old 01-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Ron, Thanks for the delrin B4 front arms! I received them monday and mounted them right up, they looked and fit great! I'll be ordering some more soon for my other B4 and my sons B4. Thanks Again. -Ryan

Old 01-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deedit
Dude make these arms for the bj4 we .You would make a killing...

I buy a set right now hell i pay you 35 for a set...
Ryan....don't forget to re-install your bumper!

Ok, let me explain this....these arms came from J.C....originally, the first BJ4 used straight B4 arms....then they realized they broke too easily....they then hand made some delrin arms which are identical to these (are these the J Concepts Delrin arms right here???) and this helped the problem a bit...however, when J.C. developed the BJ4 W.E., they totally redesigned the front bulkhead AND arms, so they're completely new now....the arms shown here are the previous "heavy duty" arms that replaced standard B4 arms on the original BJ4.

Regardless, these would most likely still outlast stock B4 arms. They're VERY stiff. Just don't make them for the rear of the B4....they'll be so stiff that they won't flex, and rear bite will be taken away. Also to mention, since these arms (delrin) are more stiff and rigid, the B4 may push a little bit more with them installed due to less flex. This could be good in some cases where there's too much steering....but not so good in a case where you're pushing.

Just a little info to think about.
Trust me, I know....I ran for AE/Reedy/LRP for 9 years and currently run for J.C....
Old 01-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

These are custom made arms by the guys up here in michigan, not old units from jconcepts. Not sure if they used jconcepts design or not, but the arms anybody recieves will be new. I got a xx4 aluminum motor clamp from them and quality was top notch. Very good guys to deal with.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Just curious, what happens with these arms in a big front hit? I mean where normally an arm would snap? I'm thinking with these arms the pin brace and/or bulkhead. But most guys are running alloy front bulkheadsa and braces.

Just wondering what is the next thing to snap?

MIKE

Originally Posted by nwilcox88
I have some B4 delrin A arms for sale. $25 per pair. Shipped! These are a direct replacement for the stock arms. Very tough and ready for abuse. I seen several pair tested yesterday and not one problem. You won't be disapointed! These are front arms only. Thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

jbrow1....yeah, I'm sure of that, but they are identical to the old J.C. ones....you can't tell them apart. Either way, it's good because they are strong. Whatever works.

Just remember that when something is strengthened to disperse the energy created by a crash, that energy has to go somewhere else which would be the very next weakest part in the suspension...could be a bent hinge pin (or broken....I've seen em') or castor block/spindle, bulkhead, etc....

I tell you what I would like to have made by this material....is the wing/tranny mounts!! I hate when these things get sometimes bent or warped. Even a hard flip upside down on top of the wing mounts could car transmission problems because the weight of the car is being put on the wing mounts which are tied into the top of the tranny, and the tranny has to be very precise without being tweaked on....I've seen this happen where a guy flipped his car and kept hitting his wing, and his wing mounts were tweaked and broke, and his tranny made loud noises after that too....it ended up pushing on the tranny and screwed up the gear mesh inside ruining all 3 gears! Very weird, but that's the conclusion we came up with.

So how bout some cool looking delrin wing mounts??? I like some of the aluminum ones that are made, but I'd rather have some made out of delrin if possible....just to be different and to keep that situation from happening.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Buff
Ryan....don't forget to re-install your bumper!
Buff- Bumpers serve no purpose when your "out front"!!

And the arms are custom machined by a guy named Ron who has a machine shop up in Michigan, we've spoke thru email and they are real nice people who put out quality products. The BJ4 arms your refering to were narrower at the bulkhead.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MadMikeB
Just curious, what happens with these arms in a big front hit? I mean where normally an arm would snap? I'm thinking with these arms the pin brace and/or bulkhead. But most guys are running alloy front bulkheadsa and braces.

Just wondering what is the next thing to snap?

MIKE
If running the stock composite bulkhead maybe that, no problems so far though. I run the stock composite bulkhead.. and i have had no problems at all.

And maybe a steering knuckle.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jbrow1
Not sure if they used jconcepts design or not, but the arms anybody recieves will be new. I got a xx4 aluminum motor clamp from them and quality was top notch. Very good guys to deal with.
I can assure everyone this is NOT the jconcepts design and ALL parts are machined new recently.

they are identical to the old J.C. ones....you can't tell them apart.

So how bout some cool looking delrin wing mounts???
Dont look the same to me lol

There has not been any talk of any wing mounts, right now we are machining front arms for the T4.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry, not meaning to sound like I'm demeaning your products....they just did look a lot alike. Just to show how good a sport I am, I'm buying a pair...

I would SERIOUSLY consider the wing mounts though....I think they may be even more of a savior for the T4 because the entire rear end of the truck is supported on those wing mounts when the truck flips over and lands on it's lid. And this can really put a lot of unwanted pressure on the tranny case and could get damage to the gears....like I said, I've seen it happen before.

But, that's just my opinion....something to consider guys? Or what about other parts that break a little more than others like steering blocks/spindles.....
Old 01-31-2007, 08:19 AM
Tech Addict

Or what about other parts that break a little more than others like steering blocks/spindles.....
All depends on a few things.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

hit me up [email protected] I have 2 b4 and need some arms
Old 01-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Make delrin arms for the BJ4 and I will buy a couple of pair. The new BJ4WE heavy duty arms are better, but they are still the most fragile part of that awesome car. Just my .02.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DaveC
Make delrin arms for the BJ4 and I will buy a couple of pair. The new BJ4WE heavy duty arms are better, but they are still the most fragile part of that awesome car. Just my .02.
From what I have been told by people with a BJ4 is these arms will work with the BJ4, you will have to use the old bulkhead. Sorry I do not know the part number for the old bulkhead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.