Wiki Posts
Search

Custom Pit Boards

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Custom Pit Boards

Hi guys
Well, as the title says really. I have been making these up for friends for the last couple of months, and the interest received trackside and online has been overwhelming.

The boards are manufactured from 3mm clear acrylic, which is far sturdier and less flexible than you would think, it is tough stuff. It will also not warp in "extreme" conditions (so I am told!). The design work is all done by me, and the logos are etched onto the rear of the acrylic by a LaserCAM machine, which is a serious piece of kit! The Laser also cuts the shape of the board out from the acrylic sheet.

The boards are 500x330mm large, which is just a bit smaller than the Hudy 1/8th setup boards. The size in relevance to a 1/10th car can be seen in the first attachment.

A lot of interest has been received from drivers around the U.K., and I have done boards for double BRCA champion Jimmy Maddison, and current BRCA 27t champion Stewart Noble (see attachment 2), amongst others (see attachment 3 for nitro racer, Nick Simpsons board).

If you are interested in having a board custom designed for yourself, then the pricing is as follows:

1 board, 500x330mm with 3 regular sized logos (on either left, right or centre, or all 3!) - £15 (29.6354 USD at the current exchange rate)

If you want more than 3 logos, then add £2 (3.95140 USD at the current exchange rate) for each additional logo.

PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE POSTAGE/SHIPPING FEES!

Please note that logos can only be placed from top to bottom along the left or right hand sides, or in the middle. The logos are normally about 100 x 130mm long (for example, the Team Orion logo on the second attachment is roughly 110mm x 20mm). Larger logos require a much longer machining time, and could also result in reduced quality.

I would also like to add that the LaserCAM machine is the property of my school, hence I do not have 24/7 access to it (and I also have to go to lessons at the school! ) Normally, I can manufacture 1 or 2 boards every weekday, but also bear in mind things such as school holidays/exam periods etc. will affect my access to the machine. All the design work, however, is done at home by me and can be done at pretty much anytime. For these reasons, I am unable to manufacture any boards until Febuary 2nd, but I can get the design work done before then.

If you have any queries, please shoot me an email to [email protected]. If you have any constructive comments, please leave them here!!! Please do not send me PMs as these can be hard to keep track of!

If you like the looks of the boards pictured and would like to place an order, please send an email to [email protected], and tell me: which side you want the logos on (left, right or centre, or maybe even all 3!), and of course, which logos you want and in which order (please let me know the order from top to bottom). I can access most logos online, but if you want a logo including that may be hard to get hard of, or has been custom designed by yourself, then please email me a hi-res copy. Please do not send orders via PMs as these can be hard to keep track of!

Thanks for looking
Ali

PS any marks on the pictured boards are just finger smudges, and only appear if you don't keep your hands clean
Attached Thumbnails Custom Pit Boards-board-1.jpg   Custom Pit Boards-stew_board.jpg   Custom Pit Boards-nick_board2.jpg  

Last edited by Ali Graham; 01-19-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Now, if only it had adjustable legs...
Old 01-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Hi guys,
I am getting many emails regarding worldwide shipping. To help answer these questions, I will query all the shipping costs at my local depo(s) and post them here, to save some time and effort on your behalfs.
Thanks
Ali
Old 02-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

I'm back making boards again now, but there is quite a long waiting list at the moment! Here is the latest one I have done, for current world champion Andy Moore:
Attached Thumbnails Custom Pit Boards-andym_2_small.jpg  
Old 02-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Quote on a 4or 5 logo board shipped to Saskatoon SK?