R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade

Old 12-22-2006, 07:56 PM   #16
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

I removed two posts from this thread.

One from someone who had nothing to do with this sale and/or possible issues regarding the sale, and another post that was in response to the first post.

Both posts were un-needed, and did absolutely nothing to help resolve anything. I ask that nobody post on this thread unless:
  • You are buying something from the original poster
  • You have bought something from the original poster
  • You are the original poster
  • or you wish to try and work out some type of deal with the original poster.

I ask that you not post here to:
  • Attack any other poster in this thread.
  • or post any thoughts about either trader unless it is FACTUAL information about a previous trade regarding either user.

Please let the two users work out their issues, and I think everyone else can draw thier own conclusions by the resolution of this. If you have any questions for me, or have problems with this post - Please do not reply to my post, but send me a Private Message.

Thanks
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:07 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation

No worries with the Dr. period.

He's a stand up guy 110%.

FreqETag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:36 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterchief06
And pending the arrival, I will remove the above posts so that your feedback is maintained-there is no need for you to suffer for the terrible system that is the United States Postal Service.

Mike
I'm quoting your posts so that you CAN'T remove them.You made the accusation so now you own it.I offered to talk it out over the phone(since we are too far apart to talk face to face)and deal with it like men but you wouldn't call me or send me your phone number so I can call you.You are the one that wanted a written record of our dealings so here is a copy of the email you sent me-

Why do I have to call you? Its long distance, but if it means getting my speed
control, then I will. I can look at it two ways- either you don't want to have
a written trail of what actually happened to the speed control, or you just want
to persuade me to wait. Either way, either that speed control is on its way or
it isn't. Let me know

Mike

Well,I did let you know.Look at the pic of the postal reciept.Look at all the information available to you on that reciept.What are the odds that I sent a package that's about the right weight,on the right day,to someone else in YOUR zip code? You could have asked for that information at any time,but did not.When you sent me a PM to tell me that you had not recieved it yet you gave no indication that you suspected me of stealing from you.If you had I would have gladly provided any additional information you asked for THEN,but you didn't ask for any.You have obviously made up your mind that the only possible reason that you don't have the item in your hands yet is that I am a thief.What you don't know is that I would have gladly refunded your money if it got lost anyway since I didn't insure the package.It's not worth it for $45.I put a delivery confirmation on everything I send and on smaller items I insure it MYSELF.

HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME AND THE POST OFFICE IS OVERWHELMED WITH VOLUME?
DrOlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:29 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Quote:
To be fair then, I will not accept the PayPal refund until the 26th, that way Im giving you the benefit of the doubt. I had already PM'd you once about not receiving it, so that is why I posted (always seems to get a quick and decisive reaction out of the other party). As I said- IF the speed control gets here, then no harm no foul, and I won't take the refund. However, if it doesn't come then I will accept the refund. I appreciate you posting the pics of the receipt and all, and the immediate willingness to post the refund, but I need to cover my butt here.

There's no need to worry if you are being honest.

Mike
It's too late for "no harm no foul" since you reported me to paypal BEFORE you gave me a chance to do anything to make it right.They keep track of those things and now I'm stuck with it so THANKS FOR THAT! You wanted to force a "quick and decisive reaction".Well,you got it! When I sent you a full refund I assumed all the monetary risk and placed ALL the risk of reputation squarely on you.You accused me to the whole world of stealing your money.I provided reasonable proof to the whole world that I did as promised.Now everyone has the delivery confirmation number.Anyone can check it.If you recieve the item it is now up to you to prove that you paid me for it.If you don't recieve it then it's proof that the post office lost it,but that I still sent it.I didn't post that I was WILLING to send a refund-I already DID send you a refund.Your butt is completly covered for the money-and now I get to hold your feet to the fire.No need to worry if I'm being honest? Apparently not when selling to you.Am I worried about it? No.I won't let $45 raise my blood pressure.(unforunatly chicken shit behavior still does) Oh and thanks for beating me up on the price first too.You wanted a quick and decisive reaction,well,you got it.Enjoy it.

Anytime we buy anything on line we take a risk.Whether it's from an individual on the boards,an established mail order house,or a seller on ebay.If you are buying a new item you risk not getting it,not getting what you wanted,not getting it in the time frame you needed,and damage in shipment.If you buy a used item you risk all of that plus that it may not work,or may fail soon after you put it in service.The reason we take that risk is to save money.One of the basic tenets of business is that if you want more reward you need to take more risk.The less risk you are willing to take then the less reward you can expect.We all must find the balance between risk and reward that we are comfortable with.If you cannot deal with risk then you need to restrict your buying to items that you can see/touch/feel before you buy,that are new,and with a warranty.That means paying retail at your LHS.You can't have it both ways.You can't have it cheap and be totally covered too.If you're completly paranoid then you shouldn't be taking any risk.If you can't deal with things not going exactly as you expected then you are "risk averse" and shouldn't take any.If you expect everyone to jump through hoops to please you,and assume all of the risk,and sell to you at the lowest possible price,then you should expect to have a very hard time finding anyone to take your money-because there is no reward for them.It's just not worth it.

You expect to be able to come on here,knock me around,and bully me into appeasing you-and then leave the door open to come back later after it all works out and absolve yourself of any prior actions with an apology.That's not the way it works.You're responsible for your actions whether you think first or not.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:57 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOlds
It's too late for "no harm no foul" since you reported me to paypal BEFORE you gave me a chance to do anything to make it right.They keep track of those things and now I'm stuck with it so THANKS FOR THAT! You wanted to force a "quick and decisive reaction".Well,you got it! When I sent you a full refund I assumed all the monetary risk and placed ALL the risk of reputation squarely on you.You accused me to the whole world of stealing your money.I provided reasonable proof to the whole world that I did as promised.Now everyone has the delivery confirmation number.Anyone can check it.If you recieve the item it is now up to you to prove that you paid me for it.If you don't recieve it then it's proof that the post office lost it,but that I still sent it.I didn't post that I was WILLING to send a refund-I already DID send you a refund.Your butt is completly covered for the money-and now I get to hold your feet to the fire.No need to worry if I'm being honest? Apparently not when selling to you.Am I worried about it? No.I won't let $45 raise my blood pressure.(unforunatly chicken shit behavior still does) Oh and thanks for beating me up on the price first too.You wanted a quick and decisive reaction,well,you got it.Enjoy it.

Anytime we buy anything on line we take a risk.Whether it's from an individual on the boards,an established mail order house,or a seller on ebay.If you are buying a new item you risk not getting it,not getting what you wanted,not getting it in the time frame you needed,and damage in shipment.If you buy a used item you risk all of that plus that it may not work,or may fail soon after you put it in service.The reason we take that risk is to save money.One of the basic tenets of business is that if you want more reward you need to take more risk.The less risk you are willing to take then the less reward you can expect.We all must find the balance between risk and reward that we are comfortable with.If you cannot deal with risk then you need to restrict your buying to items that you can see/touch/feel before you buy,that are new,and with a warranty.That means paying retail at your LHS.You can't have it both ways.You can't have it cheap and be totally covered too.If you're completly paranoid then you shouldn't be taking any risk.If you can't deal with things not going exactly as you expected then you are "risk averse" and shouldn't take any.If you expect everyone to jump through hoops to please you,and assume all of the risk,and sell to you at the lowest possible price,then you should expect to have a very hard time finding anyone to take your money-because there is no reward for them.It's just not worth it.

You expect to be able to come on here,knock me around,and bully me into appeasing you-and then leave the door open to come back later after it all works out and absolve yourself of any prior actions with an apology.That's not the way it works.You're responsible for your actions whether you think first or not.
That's cool As far as knocking you around and the big speech about "risk taking"-I think its funny that you are warning me of possibly not getting something I buy online. If I pay for something online, for the price we agreed upon (didn't "beat you up first" on the price so that complaint is unfounded), then I expect to receive it, not play the lottery and hope for my item to arrive. I have dealt with people on here NUMEROUS times and have NEVER had a problem if they were being honest. I'm fine with being responsible for my actions- I was offering the future deletion of negative posts pending the speedo's arrival STRICTLY FOR YOUR BENEFIT, not to help me. Anyone would be really suspicious if after two weeks they didn't get something they paid for, and the tracking number they were provided with is completely non-functional. So, unless your trying to infer that I'm not going to receive what I paid for with your "risk" proclamation, then we SHOULD be good. And PayPal makes no record of their disputes unless they are escalated to complaint status. I haven't escalated anything.

As I said before-if you're being HONEST, then you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about. The speed control will arrive and I will not accept the refund. I'm not taking the refund until December 26th, the day after Christmas. If you mailed it on the 12th, then the USPS says 3-14 days for their regular snail mail around the holidays. 12+14=26. December 26th would be the absolute OUTSIDE of the time frame, and the speed control is only covering 3 or four states. IF the speed control arrives a time after I accept the refund, then the money is rightfully yours, and I will immediately transfer it back. Its that easy.

Time will tell.
masterchief06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 06:40 PM   #21
Tech Master

DrOlds is a good guy! I guarantee he sent it to you. Whether or not the USPS lost it or not is a totally different question.
They've lost 2 of my R/C stuff I've sold on ebay.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:12 PM   #22
Tech Regular

December 27th, no speed control, and "accepted" the refund through PayPal and the money is "pending" as it has been since yesterday. Looks like I got screwed both ways. Thanks for nothing DrOlds!
Old 12-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Quote:
December 27th, no speed control, and "accepted" the refund through PayPal and the money is "pending" as it has been since yesterday. Looks like I got screwed both ways. Thanks for nothing DrOlds!
You have previously shown that you have no understanding of how the post office works and now you have shown your ignorance of the paypal system as well.When you issue a refund thru paypal they treat it as an "Echeck" and allow the normal time for a check to clear from your bank.All the information regarding this process is available to you on the paypal site if you will just look.I initiated the refund last friday so you should have it within a couple days,but just like with the post office,I have done what I was supposed to do and it is now out of my hands.

If you had any balls in your sack you would talk to me on the phone like a man but you are obviuosly just another internet pussy with a loud mouth and a bunch of keyboard courage.Good luck in your future purchases-you're going to need it.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:43 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Funny guy. It is now January 1st, a full 20 DAYS after this guy "claims" to have mailed the speed control and nothing has shown up. Guess he never sent it. Anyways, PayPal refund came through and thats that. BUYER BEWARE WHEN DEALING WITH THIS GUY

Mike
Old 01-01-2007, 12:45 AM   #25
Tech Regular

AND this is STILL what USPS says for that bogus tracking number

"Label/Receipt Number: 0306 0320 0005 1383 8635

There is no record of this item."

Deadbeat.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:54 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tmaxxking
Default .

man your dumb as rocks

If The Guy Was A Dead Beat Why Would He Return Your Payment

Take The Money And Shut Up Already

rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106423
tmaxxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 01:02 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrOlds
I was WILLING to send a refund-I already DID send you a refund.

take a look at the receipt is that your zip code on it

also notice the post office didnt stamp the delivery confirmation number yet they charge him for it

man talk about thick headed

Old 01-01-2007, 01:02 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Default .

oop's double post

Old 01-01-2007, 01:03 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Default .

some how a triple post

Old 01-01-2007, 05:51 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaxxking
man your dumb as rocks

If The Guy Was A Dead Beat Why Would He Return Your Payment

Take The Money And Shut Up Already
Agreed.

MC06,
SOMETIMES, the tracking number(unfortunately) is never put into their system, ESPECIALLY with the holiday shipping onslaught. Seems like paranoia and immaturity got the best of someone.
XXWoodmanXX is offline   Reply With Quote