Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > R/C Items: For Sale/Trade
The least coolest truck on here (don't even click) >

The least coolest truck on here (don't even click)

Like Tree19Likes

The least coolest truck on here (don't even click)

Old 12-14-2019, 08:18 PM
  #1  
R/C Tech Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (137)
 
devnull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 1,560
Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Default The least coolest truck on here (don't even click)

Gents,

My basement is officially the island of misfit RC cars (it's Christmas time, that works). I went down there for a workout this morning (I bench more than you do) and in between sets I spotted this amazingly insignificant RC truck kit while looking for a couple more 45's for the bar. This is a NEW Tamiya TRF801XT 8th scale truggy. On paper this sucker is actually pretty good, but they haven't made them in years so buyer be aware that parts are not crazy available. I will be pricing as such.
.
SOLD ($182)!!!

Why $182? There is exactly 182 minutes in the movie Braveheart. See, now this thing seems cool. You want it now.

PICS:

(Note: I am proud of the "Coffee or Die" mug. Less proud of the fact that I would likely actually die without coffee).



R/C Lidz and Kane S like this.

Last edited by devnull; 10-27-2020 at 06:33 PM.
devnull is offline  
Old 12-14-2019, 08:42 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (211)
 
jspurgin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: alabama
Posts: 1,721
Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)
Default

I come here just to read your posts!! Lol Great ad!!
jspurgin is offline  
Old 12-14-2019, 08:55 PM
  #3  
R/C Tech Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (137)
 
devnull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 1,560
Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jspurgin View Post
I come here just to read your posts!! Lol Great ad!!

Haha, THANKS BUD! I was going to use a Turk-182 reference, but only those who can appreciate bands like Tool have the esoteric experience to have seen such a movie.

I appreciate such music as well.
two shoes likes this.
devnull is offline  
Old 12-14-2019, 09:32 PM
  #4  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 986
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I don't have any money but I would consider trading for my prized collection of nostalgic memorabilia. Included would be a hula hoop, a mood ring, pet rock (no documentation, just The Rock) and a pair of size 13 Triple E earth shoes. Oh, and a copy of Sports Hijinx on Beta that I got from Al Bundy. The bad news is I would need you to cover all shipping charges. Unfortunately the hula hoop shipping charges are based on size rather than weight. All told shipping charges add up to $182. Let me know as I have several other interested parties who are chomping at the bit
devnull likes this.
Milkdudd is offline  
Old 12-14-2019, 09:47 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (78)
 
Shane Reinink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Longmont, CO.
Posts: 1,099
Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Haha, THANKS BUD! I was going to use a Turk-182 reference, but only those who can appreciate bands like Tool have the esoteric experience to have seen such a movie.

I appreciate such music as well.
"Zimmerman Flew, Tyler Knew"
devnull likes this.
Shane Reinink is offline  
Old 12-14-2019, 10:01 PM
  #6  
R/C Tech Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (137)
 
devnull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 1,560
Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Milkdudd View Post
I don't have any money but I would consider trading for my prized collection of nostalgic memorabilia. Included would be a hula hoop, a mood ring, pet rock (no documentation, just The Rock) and a pair of size 13 Triple E earth shoes. Oh, and a copy of Sports Hijinx on Beta that I got from Al Bundy. The bad news is I would need you to cover all shipping charges. Unfortunately the hula hoop shipping charges are based on size rather than weight. All told shipping charges add up to $182. Let me know as I have several other interested parties who are chomping at the bit
I’ll of course need some photographic proof of said Al Bundy beta max tapes.

A “no-doc” pet rock too... Intriguing.

Originally Posted by Shane Reinink View Post
"Zimmerman Flew, Tyler Knew"
Although we watch “Everyone Loves Raymond”, I know that the dad is the bad guy!!!

this thread has taken an unexpectedly awesome turn.

well done.

Last edited by devnull; 12-14-2019 at 10:34 PM.
devnull is offline  
Old 12-14-2019, 10:21 PM
  #7  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (189)
 
patrick lsp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,373
Trader Rating: 189 (100%+)
Default

1 stretch Armstrong?
great ad. Glws...😂
devnull likes this.

Last edited by patrick lsp; 12-15-2019 at 04:27 AM.
patrick lsp is offline  
Old 12-14-2019, 10:29 PM
  #8  
R/C Tech Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (137)
 
devnull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 1,560
Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by patrick lsp View Post
1 stretch Armstrong?
great ad. Glws...😂
If you have a real Stretch Armstrong, YOU’RE ON! HOT DANG!



(thank you Sir)!

Last edited by devnull; 12-15-2019 at 06:27 PM.
devnull is offline  
Old 12-14-2019, 11:31 PM
  #9  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 256
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

free bump.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane guys. lol

if you end up trading for the box of loot, i can throw in an original "alien in a can", you can still hear it in there when you shake it. I would be really worried about shipping it though, they ask so many questions at the post office now days.
This would also come with an envelope of rattlesnake eggs, you know the ones in the brown envelope.
devnull likes this.
morvlorv is offline  
Old 12-15-2019, 07:08 AM
  #10  
R/C Tech Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (137)
 
devnull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 1,560
Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by morvlorv View Post
free bump.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane guys. lol

if you end up trading for the box of loot, i can throw in an original "alien in a can", you can still hear it in there when you shake it. I would be really worried about shipping it though, they ask so many questions at the post office now days.
This would also come with an envelope of rattlesnake eggs, you know the ones in the brown envelope.
Who could forget the brown egg envelope! Very nice!

haha
devnull is offline  
Old 12-15-2019, 07:23 AM
  #11  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (136)
 
TeamSkunkwerks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,215
Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Talking Nice ad

Cool ad & free bump too!! Might have to make some room in the shop for this......
devnull likes this.
TeamSkunkwerks is offline  
Old 12-15-2019, 06:06 PM
  #12  
R/C Tech Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (137)
 
devnull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 1,560
Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks View Post
Cool ad & free bump too!! Might have to make some room in the shop for this......
Thanks brother...

182 is a pronic number, oblong number or heteromecic number, a number which is the product of two consecutive integers (13x14)

(I don't know either but who can top Turk 182?)
devnull is offline  
Old 12-15-2019, 09:26 PM
  #13  
Tech Rookie
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 19
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Nice! Iím considering, but more towards the parody thread has me posting. :-)
devnull likes this.
StevesZZ5 is offline  
Old 12-16-2019, 07:48 AM
  #14  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (21)
 
two shoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Rockies
Posts: 207
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by devnull View Post
Haha, THANKS BUD! I was going to use a Turk-182 reference, but only those who can appreciate bands like Tool have the esoteric experience to have seen such a movie.

I appreciate such music as well.
Better than Backdraft! Aenima is legendary!
devnull likes this.
two shoes is offline  
Old 12-16-2019, 04:48 PM
  #15  
R/C Tech Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (137)
 
devnull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 1,560
Trader Rating: 137 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by two shoes View Post
Better than Backdraft! Aenima is legendary!
Oh my... BACKDRAFT!!! Now we are getting serious...

Originally Posted by StevesZZ5 View Post
Nice! Iím considering, but more towards the parody thread has me posting. :-)
HAHA this truck is parody in a box!
two shoes likes this.
devnull is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.