R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   R/C Items: For Sale/Trade (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade-16/)
-   -   The least coolest truck on here (don't even click) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/1055840-least-coolest-truck-here-dont-even-click.html)

devnull 12-14-2019 08:18 PM

The least coolest truck on here (don't even click)

Gents,

My basement is officially the island of misfit RC cars (it's Christmas time, that works). I went down there for a workout this morning (I bench more than you do) and in between sets I spotted this amazingly insignificant RC truck kit while looking for a couple more 45's for the bar. This is a NEW Tamiya TRF801XT 8th scale truggy. On paper this sucker is actually pretty good, but they haven't made them in years so buyer be aware that parts are not crazy available. I will be pricing as such.
SOLD ($182)!!!

Why $182? There is exactly 182 minutes in the movie Braveheart. See, now this thing seems cool. You want it now.

PICS:

(Note: I am proud of the "Coffee or Die" mug. Less proud of the fact that I would likely actually die without coffee).

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...0bf53386eb.jpg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...320e782beb.jpg

jspurgin 12-14-2019 08:42 PM

I come here just to read your posts!! Lol Great ad!!

devnull 12-14-2019 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by jspurgin (Post 15561675)
I come here just to read your posts!! Lol Great ad!!

Haha, THANKS BUD! I was going to use a Turk-182 reference, but only those who can appreciate bands like Tool have the esoteric experience to have seen such a movie.

I appreciate such music as well. :D

Milkdudd 12-14-2019 09:32 PM

I don't have any money but I would consider trading for my prized collection of nostalgic memorabilia. Included would be a hula hoop, a mood ring, pet rock (no documentation, just The Rock) and a pair of size 13 Triple E earth shoes. Oh, and a copy of Sports Hijinx on Beta that I got from Al Bundy. The bad news is I would need you to cover all shipping charges. Unfortunately the hula hoop shipping charges are based on size rather than weight. All told shipping charges add up to $182. Let me know as I have several other interested parties who are chomping at the bit

Shane Reinink 12-14-2019 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by devnull (Post 15561679)
Haha, THANKS BUD! I was going to use a Turk-182 reference, but only those who can appreciate bands like Tool have the esoteric experience to have seen such a movie.

"Zimmerman Flew, Tyler Knew"

devnull 12-14-2019 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Milkdudd (Post 15561685)
I don't have any money but I would consider trading for my prized collection of nostalgic memorabilia. Included would be a hula hoop, a mood ring, pet rock (no documentation, just The Rock) and a pair of size 13 Triple E earth shoes. Oh, and a copy of Sports Hijinx on Beta that I got from Al Bundy. The bad news is I would need you to cover all shipping charges. Unfortunately the hula hoop shipping charges are based on size rather than weight. All told shipping charges add up to $182. Let me know as I have several other interested parties who are chomping at the bit

I’ll of course need some photographic proof of said Al Bundy beta max tapes.

A “no-doc” pet rock too... Intriguing.

Originally Posted by Shane Reinink (Post 15561686)
"Zimmerman Flew, Tyler Knew"

Although we watch “Everyone Loves Raymond”, I know that the dad is the bad guy!!!

this thread has taken an unexpectedly awesome turn.

well done.

patrick lsp 12-14-2019 10:21 PM

1 stretch Armstrong?
great ad. Glws...😂

devnull 12-14-2019 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by patrick lsp (Post 15561693)
1 stretch Armstrong?
great ad. Glws...😂

If you have a real Stretch Armstrong, YOU’RE ON! HOT DANG!

:D

(thank you Sir)!

morvlorv 12-14-2019 11:31 PM

free bump.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane guys. lol

if you end up trading for the box of loot, i can throw in an original "alien in a can", you can still hear it in there when you shake it. I would be really worried about shipping it though, they ask so many questions at the post office now days.
This would also come with an envelope of rattlesnake eggs, you know the ones in the brown envelope.

devnull 12-15-2019 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by morvlorv (Post 15561696)
free bump.
Thanks for the trip down memory lane guys. lol

if you end up trading for the box of loot, i can throw in an original "alien in a can", you can still hear it in there when you shake it. I would be really worried about shipping it though, they ask so many questions at the post office now days.
This would also come with an envelope of rattlesnake eggs, you know the ones in the brown envelope.

Who could forget the brown egg envelope! Very nice!

haha

TeamSkunkwerks 12-15-2019 07:23 AM

Nice ad

Cool ad & free bump too!! Might have to make some room in the shop for this......:)

devnull 12-15-2019 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by TeamSkunkwerks (Post 15561762)
Cool ad & free bump too!! Might have to make some room in the shop for this......:)

Thanks brother...

182 is a pronic number, oblong number or heteromecic number, a number which is the product of two consecutive integers (13x14)

(I don't know either but who can top Turk 182?)

StevesZZ5 12-15-2019 09:26 PM

Nice! I’m considering, but more towards the parody thread has me posting. :-)

two shoes 12-16-2019 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by devnull (Post 15561679)

Better than Backdraft! Aenima is legendary!

devnull 12-16-2019 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by two shoes (Post 15562302)
Better than Backdraft! Aenima is legendary!

Oh my... BACKDRAFT!!! Now we are getting serious...

Originally Posted by StevesZZ5 (Post 15562150)
Nice! I’m considering, but more towards the parody thread has me posting. :-)

HAHA this truck is parody in a box!