Wiki Posts
Search

Race Ready TA04-R

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Talking Race Ready TA04-R

This is a Tamiya TA-04R that has been successfully raced for the past several years in Tamiya’s TCS series GT3 class, built with all of the little tricks that helped me take home eight TCS medals in the class, including winning the Memphis race three years in a row. Car is super-reliable: I’ve raced it for FOUR YEARS without a single DNF!

Recent complete rebuild with many new parts including ball bearings (hub bearings are all new, drive train bearings have had shields removed for free running and have two runs on them), new plastic shocks (lighter than the metal TRF ones), new arms and hub carriers, new wheels and tires, new body posts, and new dogbones and axles. Also has the molded carbon graphite fiber tub chassis, carbon graphite top deck, ball bearing steering, finned metal motor mount, front and rear sway bars, turnbuckle links and dual belt tensioners.

Comes with a nicely broken in Johnson 540 motor, a decent SMC 2400 practice pack, and a Robinson machined 115 tooth 64 pitch spur gear. As you can see from the pictures, the chassis bottom has some scratches on it, but nothing that would be considered unusual. Of course, you’ll also get a copy of the owner’s manual. I’m an adult racer, nationally-known R/C writer and enthusiast with an impeccable reputation on this and other boards, so you can buy from me in confidence.

Asking $75 shipped- an absolute bargain, especially if you’re looking for an inexpensive way to move up from Spec to GT2/3 or just a legal GT ride for your local TCS race. Best way to contact me is by e-mail at [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Race Ready TA04-R-ta-04-r-chassis-left.jpg   Race Ready TA04-R-ta-04-r-chassis-front.jpg   Race Ready TA04-R-ta-04-r-chassis-bottom.jpg  
Old 02-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

nice
Old 02-11-2006, 12:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Default PARTS

Hi do you have any extra parts for it?
Old 02-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Such as....?
Old 02-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by turbomatt
Hi do you have any extra parts for it?
Spare arms chassis shocks ..........
Old 02-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

You have mail
Old 02-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Turbo-
No spare chassis or shocks. Never needed them. Have some spare used arms, but...the ones on the car are brand new. Are you looking for spares for this car or for something else? If for this car, I carried extra stuff around for years and finally stopped because nothing ever broke...
Old 02-12-2006, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry, this car is no longer available. Just can't bring myself to part with it...
Old 02-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Default ...

OTAY