Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Iwata Revolution CR not spraying right.... at all. >

Iwata Revolution CR not spraying right.... at all.

Iwata Revolution CR not spraying right.... at all.

Old 01-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Iwata Revolution CR not spraying right.... at all.

so, i made the dreaded mistake of forgeting to clean out my brush after spraying and i had a whole bunch of paint dry up in it (oops.. wont happen again!). i cleaned it all out, now it looks brand new. BUT, i had to dissemble the brush to clean it. everything got put back together correctly, but i cant get it to spray right at all. it sprays in splotches when i move the trigger back and fourth. ive played around with the pressure alot, going from 3psi all the way to 80psi and the splotches just get bigger/smaller. it wont spray in a smooth line at all. i played around with the needle settings alittle bit, but no luck at all. and the water trap is fine as well. im puzzled, this used to be an awesome brush.

thanks in advance
Old 01-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

I'm afraid it just ain't clean enough. Your gonna have to clean it again, and agian if necessary. If you have some small brushes or pipe cleaners you can run through it, it will help. Take it completely apart and soak it in very warm water if you used water based paint, and alcohol or thinner if laquers, just make sure you take the o-rings out if you soak it for a long time or they might swell. Make sure to get into the tip real good and behind the needle at the trigger area.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

i got all the crap out of it that i could see. i used a pipe cleaner and cleaned it until nothing came out anymore. the needle slides in smoothly too. im taking it apart anyways and cleaning it to make sure. thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BlazinB4
i got all the crap out of it that i could see. i used a pipe cleaner and cleaned it until nothing came out anymore. the needle slides in smoothly too. im taking it apart anyways and cleaning it to make sure. thanks for the suggestion.

i have a iwata. try cleaning the nozzle and nozzle cap. sometimes paint can get in there especially inside side the cap. then put water in the cup and spray away.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

splatter in the spray can also indicate an air leak. Try using a small amount of plumbers ptfe tape on the threads (not on the nozzle tip though)

-Andy
Old 01-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

andy- everything is taped up, i made sure to do that when i started. it seems like theres only 1 spot that will let it spray when i toggle the trigger back and fourth. and when i hit that spot, its only a splotch.. not a consistant spray. btw, i havent taken the brush out of the water yet, i havent had time to paint with school and work. where should the needle be set at? i tried playing around with that but nothing helped.

thanks again guys!
Old 01-11-2006, 12:06 PM
wes
Tech Regular

to get consistant sprays youll need to 1 lube your needle and then make sure nothing is clogged when you take you brush apart spray every crack with a ton of air from your compressor with like 60 psi just rebuild it till it works right
Old 01-12-2006, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What do you use to lube the needle and where do you apply it?
Old 01-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

if you hear like a bubbling sound coming from the bottle from wher the paint comes i htink that you nerd a new tip thats what happened to me it wont spray anything at all.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:15 AM
wes
Tech Regular

i just use a little waterbase lube and i lube the tip of the needle and the first part from the seal to the tip just a little though so it wont interfear with the paint your brush will work better than new with it, if i dont put it on the iwata i have it wont even spray a small consistant line with any waterbase paint but you will have to apply it every time becuase when you clean yoru brush it will clean off too.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I just orderd a iwata revolution and i have a bunch of Testors paint laying around can i use that paint to play around with the brush and get use to it??? I plan on painting with good paint but i was just wondering if i could use the testors paint to play around with???
Old 01-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

You could. You might have to thin it first. Is it acrylic or enamel? Enamel won't work on Lexan, but you could use it just to spray.
However, I would suggest starting out with the paint you intend on using. This will keep learning to a minimum. Starting out with other paints will only lead to more problems not associated with learning control of the brush and could cause you to get frustrated with the brush when that isn't the problem.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:39 PM
wes
Tech Regular

uh well you can and it works better than faskolor it actually bonds to the lexan unlike faskolor and its just lots harder to clean and ide say you wouldnt want to use it inside and you have to thin it. belive it or not it works way better than faskolor ever will its lighter, thinner and can acheive thinner lines and wont chip nearly as much as faskolor.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wes
uh well you can and it works better than faskolor it actually bonds to the lexan unlike faskolor and its just lots harder to clean and ide say you wouldnt want to use it inside and you have to thin it. belive it or not it works way better than faskolor ever will its lighter, thinner and can acheive thinner lines and wont chip nearly as much as faskolor.

I take it you dont like fastcolor!!
Old 01-13-2006, 11:01 AM
wes
Tech Regular

its alright its what i can use indoors but oil base paints are great to spray its easy and you rarely have to do anything to get them to work right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.