'97 vw jetta gls body.

Old 01-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Post '97 vw jetta gls body.

there are alot of nice touring car bodies to make your car look cool, but the one car that I haven't been able to find is a '97 vw jetta gls body.

proline used to make a jetta, but that one didn't realy look scale at all, and I think that it was a 2000 jetta anyway. I saw a really "hooked up" one driving around not too long ago, which reminded me of the cool white jetta from the first "the fast and the furious" movie.

so, I figured that if I could find one I would paint it exactly like that car, and put it on my rs4 rally. anyone ever seen one, have one, or knows how to make one?

thanks
Old 01-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

way back when that movie was just getting out of the theaters, i saw fast and furious rep bodys all over. so i know they are out there, the jetta i remember the most for some reason. so dont give up looking i know its there, the problem is where lol.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I don't think there is a mkIII Jetta body available. There were a few mkIII Golf/GTIs from Tamiya, but that's about it. The problem with the Jetta is that it is a very US-specific car. There isn't a lot of love for the "Bora" anywhere else in the world, so for scale reproductions of Jettas, it's slim pickins.

There is a guy in Europe making some pulls of a Corrado body, that can be found on eBay, and you can sometimes find the HPI Mini chassis GTI/Polo IV chassis every once in a while.

Tough find, but what you are looking for, I don't believe exists.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:08 PM
Tech Regular

yeah, I really wish I could find one. if I knew how to vacuum form lexan in the shape of the car, and had the equipment to do so, I would have made a few by now.

its just something about that car. with the right wheels, or maybe a nice paint job it looks really nice. and for R/C purposes, it would be a very durable body because of it's shape. you know how touring car bodies get those cracks around the fenders because that area is almost flat across with the hood? the jetta has a very square shape to it and would resist that type of damage... I think.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

I guess it doesn't exhist, huh? all that looking, and still I haven't found one. aww well, guess I will just have to give up on that one.