View Poll Results: What is your Favorite Airbrush?
Iwata
59.97%
Paashe
16.91%
Badger
14.27%
Other
10.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1254. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes

YOUR FAVORITE AIRBRUSH

Old 06-18-2006, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

which is better????

this one............... or this????

this compressor any good???

Last edited by ntc3freak; 06-18-2006 at 04:33 AM.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

haha i just recived my iwata bcs from ebay. man badger is nothing compared to iwata.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:47 AM
Tech Rookie

ok ok.. this is full on.. im reading this to find out about a new brush to buy, all i see is this is better, this is better.. etcetc. im not baging anyone, just trying to find a brush that works.. ive been airbrushing for about 12 year now.. im using paache VL and VLS, but i ALWAYS spend more time unblocking the damn things then actually painting anything. been through tons of different paint.. and it all does it.. automotive acrylic was the best (For real cars).. i got discouraged.. and havent painted (with an airbrush ) in 2 years.
but now.. im looking at getting back into it , due to my R/C addiction.. and start painting car shells. i like fine work.. so.. im looking at the
IWATA ,HP-CS..
can anyone tell me..
1. is this a good quality all round brush??
2. Cleaning? how hard is it ?
3. Does Gravity feed tend to flow better ? (ive only ever used syphon feeds)
i probably should know more about it, considering how long ive been doing it.
i just want a GOOD quality tool that dosent frustrate me to the point of giving up..
thanks.
Old 07-13-2006, 04:53 AM
Tech Rookie

just realized, after having my big winge .. that i probably put this in the wrong spot.. DOH
Old 07-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

It's cool Monk, nice work! Great depth. You'll find there are a slew of brushes out there in today's market. Seems more all the time. Really, ya can't go wrong with Iwata. The HP-CS is a great all around brush, especially for R/C work. I've always thought gravity feed works better then siphon anyday. Unless of course your spraying T's. Richpen is making a big splash these days. I hear great quality as well. Both brushes are made in Japan.
The Iwata Revolution has been my work horse, up until recently when I received my SATA graph1 (.25 tip) made in Germany. Awesome brush, made extremely well. Superior craftsmanship.
The Paasche VL's are great brushes and make a very good all around brush, but you might wanna check out some of these others. It sure is great to have more then one brush.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

the hp-cs is great for doing portraits fine details and controlled blends with little to no overspray, it is a little much for doing rc bodys unless your doing the PITA tiny detail crap

im using an eclipse hp-cs not to be confused with the regular hp-cs plus, the eclipse is cheaper and works better for the thicker paints ( i dont know how many times i've written this out ) parts are easly availible and the it has teflon needle bearing that will resist harsh automotive solvents

paint wise i found faskolor and auto-air a pain after i switched to house of kolor, if you doing it to make money its deffinitly worth a look, and you can check out the kits at www.coastairbrush.com

the durability is the only downside to the hok but you can get adhesion promoters and flex agents that will take care of that i clean with laquer thinner and rarley if ever have a brush clog up... and i only clean them like once every couple months (by clean i mean dissasemble and get everything nice) the daily routine is flush with laquer thinner twist the needle in and out a couple times put a drop of oil in, pull the needle in and out a couple times and its set to go another day

but the colors you can get and the depth and overall performance of the paint is unmatched in the custom industry, House of kolor isnt really an r/c paint per say but i make it work on rc bodys

or try spazstix they are just like hok but made more for r/c only thing is they have less colors
Old 07-21-2006, 12:45 AM
Tech Rookie

ok.. thanks heaps guys.. ill give 'em a look..
Thanks..
Old 07-22-2006, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

anyone using sparmax???might get that for my first airbrush coz can't get iwata at the moment.is sparmax good???
Old 07-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ntc3freak
anyone using sparmax???might get that for my first airbrush coz can't get iwata at the moment.is sparmax good???

anyone???izzit one of the sparmax's compressors is same as the parma faskolor one???coz it looks exactly the same.is that one good???
Old 10-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Im by no means a great painter but I use the parma F-1 airbrush. My family complains about any chemical type of smells so I opted to use parma fascolor waterbased paint. I contacted Parma and asked them what brushes worked well with there paint. I have had the brush for about 8 months and it works well and is easy to clean. It does not paint real fine lines but for what Im doing I am satisfied. I got the parma bottle caps(fit right on the paint bottle) so I can switch colors and clean up at the end of my painting session.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Tech Rookie

old school Badger 150. great brush.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

has anyone tried the new Iwata Kustom Series brushes? I was thinkning about getting a second airbrush to compliment my Eclipse HP-CS???

thanks in advance
Old 01-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys ive been debating for a while now between a hp cs and a revolution hp cr?
im new ive only used a single action airbrush with no luck. but i figure if im gonna give it a go i should get a good brush (then i can only blame my skills) but not sure if i want a really fine brush, im not interested in super fine detail all i really want is to be able to do flames true flame rips and tears and a couple simple single tone paint jobs(for when i need the edge as less paint= less weight) so what a good all round brush? and can u get good results with faskolor/createx? i dont have the $$ for hok or other stuff.
cheers
Old 04-10-2007, 12:30 AM
moy
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys im plannin to get an airbrush and compressor,any suggestions on what to buy,brands.how much will it cost?

tnx
Old 04-10-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

I realize this thread is a couple years old, but the content remains true. If you take the time to read through it, you'll find the answer to everyone of your questions.

However, remember ultimately, the choice is yours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.