View Poll Results: What is your Favorite Airbrush?
Iwata
59.97%
Paashe
16.91%
Badger
14.27%
Other
10.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1254. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes

YOUR FAVORITE AIRBRUSH

Old 01-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bone$
I love to paint and would like to get a airbrush what would you say would be a good newb airbrush for a decent price?

i have a compressor
There's a number of decent airbrushes, but if you look through the posts you'll see a majority of us use an Iwata Hp-CS eclipse gravity feed brush.

Look on ebay, I found mine there used for 60 in perfect shape.

A badger 150 is also a decent brush, but isn't quite as capable for detail work.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crabboy
What about the Aztek air brush, has anyone had experience with them.
yeah, i use them, what u want to know?
Old 01-04-2006, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

i just got a HP CH it is really really really really...really good

still practicing how to do thin lines quickly though so that the paint does not dry and clog the brush tip. i'm using windex, blue, but will try alchohol as well next bods
Old 01-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

I have both the HP-b and the Eclipse with a .5 nozzle conversion on it. I had the HP-b from way back when I used to do watercolor art in college. The nozzle on the B is .2mm. I could never get it to spray consistantly unless I thinned the paint to the point where it would just run. After much research, I found somebody (can't remember where or who) that talked about the taper angle on the nozzle. Now I'm thinking the information was from Iwata. Anyways, the taper on the HP line of brushes was either too steep or not steep enough. Especially for the createx type water based paints. I was told that the taper on the eclipse series was much better suited for our use.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:33 PM
wes
Tech Regular

well the thing is the hp ch it works and all but nothing ever sprays smooth out of it. plus its pretty uncomfterbal to hold ive got a soft spot from it already, also when it clogs its crazy un predictable so you dont know how or when its goign to clog pretty much ide just plain stay away from iwata they cost too much dont come with anything and for how much i paid vs performance ide rate it a 30 dollars brush, and yea to top it off when i opened up the brush without even using it once it came with a bent needle freeking genius marketing. im staying with the geniune working paasche
Old 01-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Tech Initiate

I have an Aztec A470, i LOVE it dual action internal mix. Takes a lot more coordination than i figured it would!
Old 01-08-2006, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boarder_man720
I have an Aztec A470, i LOVE it dual action internal mix. Takes a lot more coordination than i figured it would!
i have the same thing, but i have the one which is tripple plated chrome, lol.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wes
i opened up the brush without even using it once it came with a bent needle freeking genius marketing. im staying with the geniune working paasche
Do you not think that this may have damaged something else internally? Maybe it was dropped before you had it and is now causing you these problems?
Old 01-09-2006, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm running a Badger 100 at the moment, and if I were to change I would expect I would need to change over fitting, and hoses etc.

The Paasche VRS90 comes in a set including all the items needed for switching, but I'm assuming the Iwata Eclipse HP-CS doesn't. Is this correct?
Old 01-09-2006, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

U will change the fitting, but not JUST for the Iwata. There is a Universal Quick Release kit you can buy(Male/Female) from www.coastairbrush.com I ahve it on all my brushes there for its easy on/easy off and ANy Airbush works on ALL my hoses.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:29 AM
wes
Tech Regular

it wasnt dropped or anything the needle just was never made straight or in the cutting process it got a little bent but oh well.
Old 01-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

For the first 10 years, I always used Badger. A beuty when it was new. I woar ( wear ? ) out like 20 of those. Always dreamed about a Paasche turbine as they looked so cool. Only used it once or twice as it was way to complicated to use. Still have it after 25 years. Mint condition . Then for quite some years i used Iwata, but since a couple of years, I only use my Aztek. Simple stuff. Easy to clean, and no hazzle with bended needles.
Have since I started with this in 1971, used many expensive and many realy cheep and simple airbrushes. Most important is that it have to feel good in your hand, and is easy to clean, in order to spend the time painting rather than cleaning.

The bodie and all stickers are painted with the biggest ( Turquose ) nozzle on the Aztek.
Attached Thumbnails YOUR FAVORITE AIRBRUSH-xb8small.jpg   YOUR FAVORITE AIRBRUSH-xc8small2.jpg  

Last edited by Anders Myrberg; 01-12-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

lol i'm the 100th vote for iwata!

i did this after the cup broke off of my hp-c not the hp-ch just a regular hp-c, and i also now have a micron and two eclipse hp-cs and i use the eclipse more often than not, i've seen incredible work done with an eclipse siphon feed doller bills painted to exact detail i asked the guy "howd you get those incredible details, did you use a micron?" and i was suprised to hear it was all done with the eclipse! .... what im trying to say is that its not the brush or the paint its the artist that uses the brush and mix's the paint... simple as that, if you know what your doing and your mixing right and applying it in the right technique then you shouldnt be having major problems like unexpected clogging or not spray smoothly, its all in the hand of the person working it..... does this make sense at all?

the above picture was done on paper with HOK paints but like i said its not the paint,and if you need any proof that createx and faskolor can work and provide detail and a fine spray then check out www.cross-eyedair.com he works primarlay in autoair and thins with fantastic.... now heres the funny thing... he tought me to thin the paints to a smooth almost transparent nature, then making smooth light passes you build up what you want (i whatched him paint and the thing that i noticed over everything else was he was building layers so slowly that i couldnt even see them being applied! it didnt look like he was doing anything at all!... if you spray too slow or too heavy it runs autoair (faskolor for those that dont know) calls for a 4:1 mix 4 parts water/fantastik and 1 part part.... thats what createx recomends from the factory its on there msds forms that they hand out

all i have to say is choosing between the hp-c the micron and the hp-cs is like choosing children theres no better one than the other..... although i think the micron would be the smart one!
Old 01-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator

I know Blake...he was doing a demo by my booth at the kustom kulture show. really cool guy. he says us RC painters are retarded painting backwards!! LMAO
Old 01-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

i'll have to bring that up next time i see him well most of us are a little "unstable"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.