Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
First time painting rc body...advice? >

First time painting rc body...advice?

First time painting rc body...advice?

Old 11-13-2015, 09:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default First time painting rc body...advice?

So I tried painting up a Jconcepts f250 body fluorescent yellow(Tamiya ps paints )...it doesn't look good. I scuffed body with scotch Brite, cleaned with dish soap, and dried lint free cloth.

Painted an extremely light coat of the flo yellow(just enough to seal masking tape). Then 3 more light coats of flo yellow. Used hair dryer and 20 minutes between each coat.

I let it sit over night and today I did 2 light coats of white and ran out of paint. As you can tell from pics the white is spotty. I probably shouldve done one more cost of the yellow with full coverage.

Do you think it'll look okay if I back it with more white, or should I just start over and take paint off ? I tested on scrap piece and got the exact look I wanted before painting body.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can't see your pictures but I'm pretty sure you will be okay once you add more white to finish it off.

I've had issues with using old spray cans where it just started spitting out paint. I tossed the can and got a new can with the same color code, sprayed over the spitted paint. You might need to spray a tad heavy, but on mine it turned out perfect.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I got another can of white and did a few more coats. And I got the look I wanted. Hopefully you can see pic.

Old 11-17-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ive been having trouble with both fluorescent yellow and white spitting and making spots on the body. i just try to be very thin with the yellow or it can bubble too ive had that happen