Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography
Question for painters new and advanced.. >

Question for painters new and advanced..

Like Tree1Likes

Question for painters new and advanced..

Old 10-26-2016, 06:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cosmo
I think it's a great idea. I'd be happy to either attend or instruct.

I have 26 years of experience in the graphic design field, have run a sign shop, and have been a tutor at the local community college in the graphic design program. I'd be happy to share what I know about Illustrator, masks, plotters, etc.

Hey Hi,

Can you please share some of your work... I really wanna have a look.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

When using black to paint fine shadow lines, what is everyone using? Paint, psi, thinning, etc? I am using Createx paints.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I use spaztix black candy aerosol sprayed into my airbrush for shadowing
Old 11-12-2017, 03:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonski
When using black to paint fine shadow lines, what is everyone using? Paint, psi, thinning, etc? I am using Createx paints.
AutoAir 4256 Transparent Smoke Black
Old 08-15-2018, 12:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is it absolutely necessary to paint all the dark colors 1st? how do you get around doing some of the lighter colors 1st?
Old 08-16-2018, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nickf32
Is it absolutely necessary to paint all the dark colors 1st? how do you get around doing some of the lighter colors 1st?
I normally paint all my pinstripes first, then work from darkest to lightest. If I have to paint a lighter color before a darker color, I just back the lighter color with two coats of silver and that should block the next color from showing.
Aligater likes this.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Would you need to have a separate work area for paint and wrenching, or can the same space be used without issues from the shock and diff oils?
Old 01-30-2019, 09:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

If I'm right this is where to ask questions...
Would window tint work (mirrored) as a permanent window mask for painting a body?
Id leave it on as I want the windows mirrored....
Old 06-05-2019, 06:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey everyone, I'm still new at this. Can someone share their experience as the painters? If you want to start it, what should be the first steps?

Last edited by ddesoran9; 06-05-2019 at 06:45 AM.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

What thinner should one use with duratrax polycarb airbrush paint. Sparying on lexan. Would another brand of thinner by okay, such as Pactra RC75?
I have to use an airbrush to get into tight areas. The rest of the body will be sprayed with Duratrax Fluorescent yellow spray can. Just need a thinner.

Old 09-24-2021, 12:31 AM
Tech Rookie

This is really a great idea! It sounds great! Unfortunately, I don't know how to draw at all.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:30 AM
Suspended

I have been wanting to learn to draw for a long time. I'm sure it's a great idea. I am participating. By the way, since childhood I dreamed of becoming a famous artist.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looking for some tips and help on masking and cutting out the design? What is the go to method that makes cutting the design easiest. I noticed vinyl masks are an option by a few companies that offer pre cut designs. How are those to work with? I’d still need to cut trim lines etc with those. I have various xacto blades, anyone that works better than others at cutting straight lines?
Old 02-28-2023, 08:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm looking to paint a body with Spaz Stix colour change orange/purple/teal but all the cars i've seen have it backed with black and it just looks too dark for my liking. Would I totally screw it up if I backed it with silver? I haven't got the paints yet and I don't have a piece of spare lexan to test on.

Does anyone have a vid of their body painted with colour change paint and backed with silver so I could have a look at what it looks like please?
Old 06-28-2023, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wely324
Looking for some tips and help on masking and cutting out the design? What is the go to method that makes cutting the design easiest. I noticed vinyl masks are an option by a few companies that offer pre cut designs. How are those to work with? I’d still need to cut trim lines etc with those. I have various xacto blades, anyone that works better than others at cutting straight lines?
I had a similar question about doing the outlines / trim lines around windows and others. I’m a novice for sure, but what I do is draw the design without the outline and spray mask the body. Then I use Tamiya pin stripe masking tape for the outlines. I then cut on both sides of the pinstripe. It’s given me fairly straight and consistent lines.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.