Backing light color Createx

Old 06-23-2014, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Backing light color Createx

When I used to paint with pactra, I liked to back light colors with silver to make the color both pop and make it so that the light doesn't come through. Sometimes I would back the silver with black to help block light as well.

Recently started spraying createx. Even the opaque colors let a lot of light through. The createx silver that I found locally, is the pearl silver, and that definitely doesn't block light.

What do you createx sprayers use? Hopefully I asked the question right, I am no expert.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For light colors (Assuming your working darkest to lightest) is best backed white.

If you're talking about backing out of order...try Faskrome by faskolor. It's a little bit thicker than silver by createx. If your sticking with createx...I think they make one called aluminum or something along those lines..which is almost like Faskrome.

I usually end up backing silvers and chromes with black anyway... But in reality it's just one extra step I really don't have to take.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Yes, that helps. I always try to do the darkest to lightest, but sometimes it is easier, especially on the outlines, to do them last, especially if I am using that real thin masking tape for lines.

But lets pretend for a moment that I did do it darkest to lightest, lets say white was might lightest and last color to go on. But it still looks like you can see light though it, somewhat. Not missing paint, just lets light though. I know, for the most part, it does not matter, since a majority of the light is coming from the outside anyways. But I painted a car for a friend of mine, and he asked if I could see light though it (before I gave it back to him) And I could see light. I was all out of my Pactra silver, so I added more white. Could still see light. I had some Pactra Black, so I sprayed that, and in a couple parts, the white turned very light gray. I know that was my fault, which is why I was looking for a lighter, more Opaque color. Thanks for your feedback. Will look into that.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That's an odd request. I think if weight isn't an issue you can layer the opaque white enough so no light gets through.

Hell...back it all up with rustoleum enamel white. Two birds one stone. ...don't use it on bare lexan though.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use Auto Air aluminum base (fine). It will do what you are looking for.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sk3tch View Post
That's an odd request. I think if weight isn't an issue you can layer the opaque white enough so no light gets through.

Hell...back it all up with rustoleum enamel white. Two birds one stone. ...don't use it on bare lexan though.
That's me, I'm an odd duck. I was wondering if that Rustoleum would work. Thanks, I will give that a shot next time.
Originally Posted by gone951 View Post
I use Auto Air aluminum base (fine). It will do what you are looking for.
Thanks...will check that out too.