R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Painting, Designs, Graphics and Photography

Old 11-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default I have a Quick Question I need answered….

I spraying Parma FasKolor on my clear lexan bodies. Its water base acrylic right? Does it need to be locked down with some sort of clear coat? And if so, can it be Enamel base or does the clear also have to be water base? I'm trying to get a car ready for a race tomorrow and all I have is Model master Enamel clear in a spray can. And I'm new to painting, I always bought them already painted…. Please advise….
Kyosho Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #2
Tech Adept

Default backer

typically you'd paint your body from dark to light in colors. then back the faskolor paints with a white, black or silver faskolor. Now you can seal it which protects it from scratches etc. This sealer can be a non faskolor paint, however I would recommend any acrylic enamel can of spray paint. every hardware or home depot carries these types of paints,. they can be clear or a color.
Caci623 is offline   Reply With Quote